Jakarta Island, Waterfalls & Hotspring

Book in advance
from
$196.27
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Thousand Islands
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This is the second day trip to the Islands for us. This time we chose Sepa. We used Java Travelindo and hired a boat for the 3 of us. Max capacity was 10 people I think. Cost was about $300US for all of us including buffet lunch on the Island and the small resort fee. There are cheaper ways to do these trips, but they involve larger boats that leave and return at set times which didn’t suit our schedules. The islands are clustered into groups with trips taking 30 60, 90 or 120 mins depending on which ones you choose to visit. Some islands have accommodation so you can stay overnight.

If you don’t like ocean travel these trips probably aren’t for you!

Back to Sepa Island which was 90 mins by speed boat from Jakarta and within sight of probably 15-20 other islands on a clear day. The resort part of the island whilst small and a little run down frankly, was a very pleasant place to spend the day. Crystal clear warm waters, lovely sandy beaches and deckchairs. There is a dive shop you can hire snorkelling gear from or arrange dive trips if you are there for longer, a small shop and the dining area. You can also rent a canoe and it looks like at times other watercraft. If you are looking for a simple escape to a beautiful island I’d say pick any of these in this region and you can’t go wrong. Take towels and swimming gear with you.

By contrast we also previously visited one of the closer resort islands Pulau Bidadari - around 20 mins from Jakarta - and the two places are worlds apart. The closer islands whilst nice, suffer from some pollution and rubbish drifting across from the mainland, although to be fair to them they make an effort to keep things as tidy as they can. The beach and sea was ok but not of the same standard as Sepa and swimming wasn’t advised. They did have a separate fresh water swimming pool but quite frankly with seas like Sepa who needs one. Even with the longer journey times I think Sepa or one of the neighbouring islands is worth the effort.

Date of experience: October 2018
8  Thank rosswill
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We booked our trip to the Thousand Islands at the last minute and the only an affordable place for our budget was Pari Island. We didn't expect much as we were told by the staff the island is ok, nothing special and is public. Boy were they wrong! The island was really stunning and we were there on our own, literally the only people at the beach! The island was indeed public but there weren't any locals at the beach so we had the whole place to ourselves. At the end of the day the school trip came, but it didn't bother us as we had to head back to catch the ferry back to Jakarta.
Perfect place, highly recommended and not that far from the city.

Date of experience: September 2018
6  Thank evey_224
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Depending on the island, it is usually amazing. The resorts are also good (sepa island and tidung island). The further islands are more expensive but more worth it. Good place for diving and snorkeling, but the locals do not understand english, so interaction and communication is challenging

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Mona675
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

A must visit to Jakarta visitors who do not have much time to enjoy Indonesia's beautiful underwater world. The further islands have clearer and better water and less visitors. You can rent local boats to go around once you get to the islands. Not much food options but you can get local food to get by.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Kartinicm
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to this island. They say Thousand Islands is the name but I am not sure that many.
I went to Pulau Harapan (Island of Hope) and spent the night there last weekend. The island was clean and the people was friendly. One thing I really need to get used to was having shower with contained sea water which was a bit salty, but still couldn't make me comfortable.
Me and my friends really enjoyed the scenery, snorkeling and visiting other islands. We also visited Genteng Kecil and dolphin island. We rode a donut boat in dolphin island. It was entertaining really. Then we snorkeled on our way back to Harapan island. The scenery under water was beautiful. I enjoyed watching coral reefs and some beautiful fishes which came on to me.
It was a wonderful vacation I had. I plan to come again and dive.

Date of experience: September 2018