“A Nice Hotel, now if only it's not that hidden” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prasada Mansion

Prasada Mansion
Ranked #350 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A Nice Hotel, now if only it's not that hidden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed in Prasada Mansion after one night in StudioOne, not because the latter was bad, but because I got budget upgrade, so I decided to take up a hotel. And so, I decided to stay in Prasada Mansion after a few search in google.

I was using Taxi from Ambassador Mall to Prasada Mansion, and I got some difficulty reaching it. The thing is, the road to get there is narrow and almost like a maze if you take the wrong turn. And I don't think this place or the road to it is familiar to many Taxi drivers.

I stayed in Deluxe Non-smoking room (yes, I think they have smoking room) for approx. USD 50 plus USD 20 for deposit. They use magnetic key card for the room and elevators. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable, and its size met my expectation. Two complimentary PET bottles of mineral water, along with complimentary instant coffee, teabag, sugar, and diet sugar (corn sugar) - two each - was already in the room. There's a water heater, but I think the water heater and the complimentary mineral water were not necessary actually, since there were hot/cold water dispensers in the hall, but it was a good gesture. They provided standard bathroom amenities. The shower got hot water, but when I used it, it took sometime for the hot water to rush in.

They got quite a selection of channels for TV, not too great, but it's good enough for me. The air conditioner worked well. And they got free WiFi, albeit the low signal strength, so make sure to ask for username and password at the check-in counter. But the connection speed was pretty decent for a free WiFi. They also had room service, which I used to iron two of my shirts for approx. USD 1,50. The foods in the room service menu weren't expensive, Fish & Chips were only USD 3, tho I don't know about the size of the meal. There was no telephone in the room, to call the front desk or room service, you have to go to the hallway, next to the elevators. The bed was comfortable and I slept soundly on it.

Breakfast consisted of a few choice of main course, on my occasion, the choice were Fried Rice, Fried Noodle, Omelette, or Chicken Porridge. There were also toast with butter and strawberry jam, cereals, mini salad & fruit bar, juice, coffee, and tea. I personally had Fried Rice with Omelette made to my preference along with salad, toast, a glass of juice, and a glass of water. The taste was quite good. The staff is helpful and friendly. They could also provide taxi if we told them 30 minutes prior to departure time.

Overall, we (my and my colleague) are pleased with our stay in Prasada Mansion. But I think they really need to update their website, with how-to-reach-us tips. If it's not because of the difficulty to reach it, I'd score a perfect 5 for Location. The only thing that made me score them 3 is that they're actually in the center of some major business districts, namely Sudirman, Kuningan, and Setiabudi. But I'd still recommend this hotel for Jakarta business travelers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank meneervankodoq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

After a horrifying one of five night's stay at Hotel Atlet Century Park! - We check out of Hotel Atlet Century Park after one night. Went online and found this hotel, Prasada Mansion.

Best directions to give taxi is not to tell them the hotel name. Tell the driver: Jalan Kommando Raya. Tell them that the hotel is behind (behind in bahasa is belakang) MAYAPADA BANK (famous landmark) on Jalan Sudirman.

Room quality is something you would expect of an Ibis in Bangkok or Singapore. But Standard rooms at Prasada has no minibar, telephone or fridge. Room is small but manageable. Room is clean and functional. Room has a small balcony. Bathroom is also clean but a bit on the small side. Towels provided are fresh and clean.

We had 2 single beds. Very comfortable with feathered pillows.

Plasma TV with many channels.

Free 24hrs wifi in room.

Water cooler/ heater and telephone at lift lobby on every level.

Breakfast was quite good with hot and cold dishes. Coffee could have been better. Service staff tries their best to make your breakfast a pleasant one.

Thank you, Prasada Mansion for saving us from 4 nights of the horrifying Hotel Atlet Century Park!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank m36705
Point Cook, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

Sadly not as good as I hoped. No telephone in room, breakfast that was cold, no fitness centre.. only one floor of the hotel was open and the room were small. Wi-fi was available in room and overall cleanilness was good but not as advertised on hotels website made me feel like I had been misled.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Aussie_Bule

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Vientiane, Laos
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

I've stayed at the prasada several times. Intitally I was thrilled with the place. Very convenient (if you can find it) location, tastefully decorated rooms. Free internet. However that last two times I've stayed there the rooms were filthy. Bugs on the floor and bathrooms so coverd in mold I slipped in the shower. I was left with the impression that the toilet hadn't been cleaned since the place was built. When I entered the restaurant for my free breakfast the smell of rotting food was so overpowering I immediately turned around. It's a pity as it started out with just about a perfect recipe for success - great price centrally located, tasteful rooms - couldn't be beat in jakarta.

A couple of things to note: On the plus side the sheets are new and very clean still so if you can brave the bathroom and don't take your shoes off it's not terrible. On the negative side, the firedoors were locked - so if there was a fire the only way down is in the elevator. Location - Although it's centrally located taxis rarely pass. It could take a minimum of 30 minutes to get one. Fine if you are in walking distance but not at all good if you are needing to get places in a timely manner via taxis.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

A new hotel off Jl. Sudirman, a modern 3star hotel with most of the usual faciliies. Great central location, but the main downside to the hotel is that most taxi drivers do not know where it is, and even with a hotel-printed basic map they still have problems in locating the hotel. It is down a series of narrow lanes, which are however very safe and full of food sellers, and once you get your bearings, it is only a 7 minute walk to Jl. Sudirman. Staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms are modern & clean, only problem I found was no hot water in bathroom, only very tepid after running it for a while. Breakfast buffet is basic but adequate, and free wifi in the rooms was a big plus. I would definitely stay here again now that I learnt how to find it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

at first i was surprised that the price is considered to be very cheap for a room with a balcony.. then as i walk into the room i noticed that the room is very clean but not too big.. the layout is good.. the bathroom is also clean and nicely decorated.. they really know how to decorate the room, but if you are a heavy smoker, for your information, that all the rooms are non smoking, you may smoke in the balcony and in the bathroom.. then comes the things that let me down, first is there's no phone inside the room, if you want to order some food you have to go outside the room and go to the nearest elevator where there's the phone.. i consider phone inside the room is very important because how if the guest sick and need to call the reception for help?? then i ordered a very simple meal it is Nasi Goreng Seafood.. and it tastes awful.. better you order food outside.. it is my first and last stay here

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shopaholic902
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed at Prasada Mansion in Jakarta for 6 days (May 2010). The hotel is new, comfy and super clean. The food was excellent. The staff are friendly, helpful and accomodating especially Hendry, Iyor,Daisy and Otep.

Although I had initial issue with taxi drivers locating this hotel, overall the hotel is very accessible. I would recommend this hotel to everyone traveling Jakarta and enjoy its new restaurant , I-nampan. Find out what it means to.

To my new-found friends — Terimah Kaseh!

Rick and Ildy