“Excellent! Would definitely cone back for sure”

Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar
Ranked #96 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for a family of five
We actually regret for not staying longer
The rooms are great
The view from the room is extraordinary too
The service was special
All of the staff were very nice and helpful
The hotel had complimentary shuttle service to a nearby shopping mall which I reply appreciate
Its not an ordinary bus but a private car with the well dressed hotel staff driving us there
We felt honoured to be treated like kings though we're obviously not
I can't praise swissbel hotel enough especially their staffs, so humble !
though the location is not really great since sometime my taxi drivers couldn't find the place even though our hotel is huge
And we take a lot of taxis throughout our stay because there's no where we can walk to
But its a small problem since the taxi fare is really really cheap in Indonesia
Like $3-$5 usd unless you're travelling very far which is approximately $10 (still cheap)
The hotel stay was very affordable
We were shocked how cheap we booked for the night
Its reasonably priced
I love the cafe snacks/desserts
The macaroons and cakes are all so affordable and so delicious!! Really
You're paying so much lesser for what you get
My family would definitely stay in this hotel again if we are ever staying in jakarta again

• Stayed: June 2014
gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on your experience staying at Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. I am delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed the view, the staff attitude and our service level. I will be sure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back again in a very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel is very good, quite modern, clean and has good architectures which is quite amazing. Surrounding is not a friendly place as you know Mangga Besar area is a very busy area. I was there for a business purpose thus did not really go out but once when I attempted, it was tough. But the hotel was amazing. Food was good as well

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Devika,
I thank you for leaving such a kind review of your experience staying at The Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. Do come back here once again at your soonest possible; business or otherwise as it is always a pleasure to have you around. Until then we wish you all the best; and, a heartfelt appreciation to you.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I booked this hotel due to the good reviews however i'm not very impressed. Service was not friendly. The king bed rooms we booked were not available and so we had to join twin beds together as we have a baby. Clean rooms but the door of our cupboard collapsed and remained stucked even after repair. Breakfast was average with some food being not fresh such as the cold cut ham and browned fruits. Recommend to go early for breakfast as after 9.30AM there were NO staff to clear plates or replenish food! Plates & cups were often dusty too. On the whole just a no frills hotel for a budget stay. Do not expect the service of a 5 star hotel. Will not book again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MsKY84

Dear reviewer,
We note with utmost concern such grave comments you reported herein.
We have therefore taken serious account on improving each and every shortfalls mentioned, we are glad to have successfully developed several effective work processes.
Therefore, we wish to record our appreciation for your thorough observation and providing us with the sincere comments that have helped us to improvise our standard of service even further.
We wish you all the best and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel is excellent choice for either business or leisure trip. The cleanliness of the rooms, WC are excellent, good room service, lobby bar services. Reception and staff are always respectful, helpful with smile. Breakfast and food service excellent with big menue. Taxi service avilable.my only couple of concerns on the hotel is their credit card payment system always down and they accept only debit credit card, so you have to pay cash most of the time and that is totally unhelpful. The second is the location of the hotel is not that much great despit all the service around it is avilable But in compare the service vs. Money is really worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Essam A,
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar.
Kindly be informed that we have taken note of all your concerns shared herein and we will definitely use them as a milestone to gauge our performance in order to improvise the overall standard of service offered to our distinguished guests.
Do visit us again at your soonest convenient as it is always a pleasure to have you at our hotel.
A warm regards to you.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I only stayed one night for a transit. The location of this hotel is superb because it is near a Trans Jakarta bus stop (Jembatan Merah bus stop) and Mangga Besar train station. It is also not very far from the airport (approximately 30-45 minutes). They have attentive and friendly staff. My sister forgot one of her shopping bags and their staff helped us to locate the bag, even though it was 4.30 a.m. (we just remembered before we checked-out in a very early morning). The room is spotless and spacious. The bathroom is also very big, so you will have more than enough space to complete your business. I got a promotional price, so it was very worth the value. I enjoyed the stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room, the view is much better even though it is not much.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Ursula L,
Thank you very much for leaving such a kind review of your experience staying at The Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar. I am pleased to read how much you appreciate the level of service we offer. I will be delighted to share your review with our team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon
Most Sincerely.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed there every year in April for 6 to 7 nights during exhibition.
Good Hotel with excellent breakfast/dinner buffet.
Nice steakhouse/bar at ground floor.
Room's very spacious and clean.
Only minus point:
Escalator situation is horrible. Only 3 lifts serving 29 floors. Can take ages to get downstairs in busy hours eg. breakfast when hotel is fully booked.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Peter M,
Thank you very much for granted us with a 4 star mark,
I apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you during your stay regarding the lack of of speed with our guests elevators. We have actually 3 more elevators deserving the Swiss Cafe and the various ballrooms. Your feedback is valuable and important as it assists our Management Team to review and to take action for future improvements.
Once again thank you very much for staying at the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was stayed here for 2 days to attend a meeting..
I have a very good experience and here is some:

- Hotel's location is not too far from the Airport (approximately only takes 30 - 45 minutes).
- Their staffs are very nice and helpful, it didn't taken too long time when check in.
- The room is very clean, roomy, and well maintained.
- A complete menu of breakfast, with international cuisine and local as well.

I think there's no complaint overall.. Very good service and facilities, worth value, kind staffs, that's all.... Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Reviewer,
It is a pleasure to read your kind comments on your recent stay to the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and your overall stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Once again thank you.