“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #80 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights in one of the better rooms. I found the room spacious and clean with a lovely large bed. Great view of the city from our corner suite. Staff were helpful. The spa downstairs was ok but is best suited to male business travelers. Shopping centers nearby - mangga dua - well worth a look. Chinese restaurant downstairs serves great food. Overall a great hotel with a couple of minor drawbacks mainly around location

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Peter,
We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay here with us recently.
Do rest assured that we will continue to work hard to ensure that our guests get the most out of their time spent here at the Swissbelhotel Mangga Besar.
Please note that we only recently taken over the Spa Management and that we are about to finalize a new concept which will includes " treatment,such as Royal Javanese, Balinese Harmony treatment, Glow facial, Harmony Massage Aromatherapy etc.
Do come back to visit us soon as it has been a pleasure to have you around at the Swissbelhotel Mangga Besar.
Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, after arriving in Indonesia. The hotel looks great and is located very conveniently. Our room was big, clean and comfortable, with an impressive view of Jakarta. Overall, the stay in this hotel was very nice: great room, good service, great breakfast (!!) and the swimming pool is big and hardly used by anyone.
Unfortunately, a few small annoying things made our stay 'almost' perfect.. the swimming pool-area needed some maintenance: broken lighting etc won't do in a 4-star hotel ! Also: we had to go look for the staff that attended the pool ....
Secondly: we left very early in the morning, so we asked for a breakfast box to be prepared for us. This however led to some discussion with the staff about payment and availability.
and also: we sent several e-mails to the hotel but never got any answer.
All very annoying and very unbecoming of a hotel that boasts high service levels.

If the hotel would ' fix' this sort of problems, it would be a proper 4-star hotel. It already has the looks and the rooms for it !!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view !!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lihat
Dear reviewer,
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Swissbelhotel Mangga Besar.
Kindly be informed that we have taken note of all your concerns shared herein and we will definitely use them as a milestone to gauge our performance in order to improve the overall standard of service and facilities offered to our distinguished guests.
Do visit us again at your soonest convenient as it is always a pleasure to have you at our hotel.
A warm regards to you.
Medan, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 10-12 April 2013. I choosed this hotel because its near to JIExpo Kemayoran which is my only purpose come to Jakarta. Arrive at 4 p.m. and there's 2 front desk staffs checking-in their guests, waiting for about 10 minutes and still not finish. Then came a male staff at the other desk but he rejects me and ask me to keep waiting.
In the morning, I joined the breakfast. The staff only asking for the b'fast voucher then allow you to enter without sending you to the available table either offering drink coffee or tea..
The room was nice, clean and cozy.
The best part of my stay was having dinner at The Grill Bar on Lobby floor. The manager and staffs was very polite, friendly and cheerfull. They offering me their best menu and it was great.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel. Just could be better..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David381
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your review. We regret to note your concern over incidents that happened during your check-in and breakfast. Do be informed nonetheless that it has always been our intention to ensure that the hotel provides the highest level of service standard to all our guests; whether in Front Office and F&B.
Therefore, we have taken the initiative to highlight your comments to all the Team Members concerned to enable remedial actions be taken immediately; where such necessity is duly required.
In addition, we sincerely appreciate your rating for our Rooms and the food and service at The Grill restaurant.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments,we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Most Sincerely
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I came from Melbourne Australia and this was my second visit to your establishment. My first visit was back in November 2012.

My second visit, unfortunately due to my dad illness and he passed away on last Easter Saturday.

I would like to compliment on how professional your staff were.  I am in hospitality and aviation industry for the last 15 years, I could not help to see how your establishment providing a service from a different angle. I can be quite synical I guess, but you may understand where I am coming from. It is difficult to detach from your own hospitality experiences and workfield when you stay in a hospitality establishment.

I was very impressed on how discreet, professional, genuine all your staff during my stay with my partner.

From security staff, front office, food and beverage, to the cleanliness of the room from the housekeeping staff,  are impeccable.

I was originally stayed for three nights, sadly my dad was rest in peace three days later hence I needed to stay few more nights.

The professionalism from Nicky front office staff, and Mr Iqbal as duty manager that morning ... I think when I asked for extending my stay and requotting my room rate due to my circumstances. Well done.

Food and beverage staff, acknowledged me by my name after few days did not have breakfast at the Swiss Cafe... another well done. Ticked !

On the early morning when I received the sad news from the hospital and was waiting for my pick up, the security staff at the front of the lobby was very reassuring to make sure I am being looked after. Impressed.

In general, the concierge and security presents during day and night is a reassurance that this is a safe hotel. Yet they are discreet, courteous and professional. Without being too much.

I cannot name each of everyone of your staff but please, pass me my regards to say well done. They deserved to be acknowledge, its the people that make hospitality business works.  You may have great room,great set up, but they are nothing without your real assets, your own staff.

Room Tip: Higher floor due to windows not double glazed. But doesn't bothered me
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dingo1969
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Firstly, on behalf the Swiss-belhotel Mangga Besar team and myself, please accept our deep condolences on the death of your Father and may God help you and give you strength to overcome from this tough time.

I sincerely wish that your experience in our hotel would have been through on happier circumstances and I am very sorry that I wasn’t able to meet you during your stay to express my deep condolences personally.

Prior to receive your fax earlier today, we noticed your nice review on our trip advisor page. I have already distributed your review to all our department heads and published it on the staff information’s board.

I will call Nicky and Iqbal to personally congratulate them for their outstanding job and mention them as examples to follow during our next monthly staff gathering.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind review. We are truly happy that our hard work has resulted in you having a good stay here and do rest assured that we will continue to work hard to ensure that our guests get the most out of their time spent here at the hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Most Sincerely.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

i arrived at 1.00 a.m. after a 24 hour journey from u.k. the staff attended to me quickly and efficiently. at breakfast next day,all the staff already knew my name without introduction.
the lovely pleaseant people working the bar and restaurant also knew my name.
everyone was respectful,polite and very helpful.it was such a pleasure to see so many pleasant smiling faces.given the opportunity i will definitly stay again

jack watson/england

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jacko500
Sylvain C, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear reviewer, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind review. We are truly happy that our hard-work has resulted in you having a good time here in the hotel. We look forward of having you here once again!
Most Cordially
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Actually, I've been spend total 12 nights here with my Wife, and I feel very pleasant staying here. After this review, I've been spend total 14 nights. The best thing here is the Service, all the staff always give warmest greeting everytime.

The Second, meanwhile the location in located in Busy Road in Jakarta, but it's close to Ancol, so you can consider to stay here 2 or 3 night for exploring North Jakarta, especially with your family. The Meal quality is very good to, International Cuisine combine with Our Authentic Fried Rice also Several Indonesian food, make the breakfast experience very good here.

Water quality is very good, very high water debit, clean, and also perfect lighting. Sleeping experience is good, but for someone that have better mattress, I think you may say, it's not good enough.

Overall score is Excellent, because I've been spend so many nights here, and everytime when I checked out, I was feel the hotel says "Come back again soon, I'll waiting for your next check in."

Thank You.

Room Tip: Choose Superior Deluxe with xx02 Room, for the best experience Choose Grand Deluve with xx15 Room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aditya Pratama P
05Sylvain1962, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Aditya Tratama We are extremely pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay here with us recently.
Do rest assured that we will continue to work hard to ensure that our guests get the most out of their time spent here at the Hotel Swissbelhotel Mangga Besar.
We have taken good note of your comment about our mattresses quality and will surely review our product once the time for replacement will occur
Do come back to visit us soon as it has been a pleasure to have you around at the Resort.
Warmest regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

For Jakarta prices this hotel proved to be a gem. Although positioned in the north of the city which tends to be severely effected by flooding and away from the city centre everything seems to be in reasonable reach. The district tends towards light industrial but isn't a problem. Service within the complex was impeccable and the coffee shop/bar area was first class. The rooms were reasonably compact but the bathrooms seemed to have been refurbished recently. Requested a high floor room and from it we got great views of Jakarta. Security was effective and all the staff were courteous and well trained speaking good English. I would come back here .... Oh and the breakfast was one of the best I have had in Indonesia.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Asiafiles
Dear Reviewer,
We are pleased to note that you had a wonderful time at the Swiss-Behotel Mangga Besar recently. The hotel had amplified its effort in providing high standard of service, facilities, especially in our F&B outlet's .and breakfast quality. We are pleased that all of them are bearing good results based on your sincere comments given herein.
We look forward to having you with us once again soon anytime soon.
Most cordially.