Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar
        Average 3/5
        • Restaurant
        • Restaurant
        • Room Service
        All reviewssuperior deluxeindoor swimming pooltraffic jammedstar hotelmassage servicewelcome drinkbreakfast choiceshigh floorhot waterbig roomhotel lobbyconvenience storenice stayindonesian foodbusinesstaxisauna
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice view from rooms. Though during rains lots of water came inside the room #1615 through window which had a faulty sealing (see pic). I just hope adequate safety checks has been done on these windows which if breaks will ensure a free fall way below. The other problem was the food. There was limited continental choices at the restaurant in second floor. Now positives-Excellent cleanliness, fantastic service, well designed rooms with LCDs, fridge etc and free Wi-Fi at a very low price. A little improvement can make this hotel one of the best.

• Stayed: January 2013
        1  Thank shata25
        Reviewed January 8, 2013

I wish this hotel could have been placed in a different area; the surroundings appear poor and unsafe, however the hotel itself is really good especially if you're on a budget (4 stars for under USD 70 per night is a bargain).

What makes it easier is that taxis are cheap, so distance is not a major factor.

The staff are really nice and helpful and they helped me locate (and reclaim) my mobile which I lost in the taxi :)

Room Tip: Try the breakfast :)
        • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
        1  Thank Ziad K
        Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had stay in this hotel for 3 times. I stay in the Executive level for my business trip. The location is very closed to the Exhibition area. However, the traffic is very congested in this location. Executive lounge can be improved. The room is very spacious and clean. For the last time I check in this hotel last December, they did not have a executive room for me (Altouugh I pre-book thru internet), they upgraded it to a Junior Suite for me. A Plus point for this.
        The breakfast was good at the level 2 but not at the Executive level.
        Overall, this is a nice hotel to stay for business trip.

Room Tip: The food at the Chinese restaurant - Crystal Jade beside the hotel is good. I am surprise to find such a nice chinese food in Indonesia. For Hotel guest, they also offer 10% discount. Should try it out!
        • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
        1  Thank Matthew C
        Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We reached this hotel approximately 45mins from the airport T3 and it costed about RP 180K including tolls (via White Horse premium cab). I don't think it's far but due to the infamous traffic jam, it was quite a long journey. As pointed out by many, Agoda's receipt doesn't guarantee that our requests would be met as bookings are all subjected to availability. Had wanted 2 king rooms and 1 twin but got only 1 king room and 2 twins eventually. Checking in for that 1 king room was long, we had to wait about 45mins before we got that room. It was about 2pm then, surely the room could have been made up earlier. They have beyond 20 floors (ours were at the 22nd). I believe they should have enough staffs to prepare the rooms promptly for the next guests. Just my opinion.

However, I have no complains about the rooms. Each, be it king or twin, was spacious. Fully equipped with kettle and chiller (although it was hard to open), a safe and a tv with a lot of channels. The interior of the hotel and rooms look brand new. The bathroom was also big and complete with standing shower. The tiles in the shower has anti-slip feel to it, which is a bonus if you have the elderlies with you. The water heater worked well and the toilet bowl had a spray pipe beside it. The whole room and bathroom were clean and that is very important to me.

Our room deal was complete with breakfast and my, it exceeded my expectations. Breakfast set up on level 2, reminded me of Singapore's Aquamarine (at Marina Mandarin). Rows or food from cold cuts, cheese to Indonesian & Western staples, Chinese porridge with condiments and even dim sum. There were also cereal, nuts and fruits and 3 fruit juices each day. I could sit for hours for breakfast.

We rented a 6-seater car for 12hrs that costed RP720K (with driver & petrol) via the hotel. If you want a larger car for people and luggages, it would be RP900K for 12hrs. For 4hrs, they would cost RP400K. This hotel is not far from Ancol & shopping centres. But it is quite a distance from the CBD area and middle to high-end shopping at Plaza Senayan, Plaza Indonesia etc. What with the crazy traffic jam. Do consider getting a car and driver.

• Stayed: December 2012
        1  Thank miss_orange13
        Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here in Dec 2012 for a night as I could not get a room in another hotel. After reading the reviews on TA, I was half hearted about staying in this hotel. As it was only for a night I decide that as long as the room is clean and comfortable, location is not a big deal. When I entered the hotel, I find the lobby very spcaious and empty but of a modern design. Check in was quick. I got an executive room on 25th Floor. My room was huge....the bed looks super king size and very inviting and it was one of the most comfortable beds i had slept in. There were a set of modern sofa and a big flat screen tv with lots of channel selection. The bathroom was again very big with 2 basins, a bath tub and a separate shower cubicle. Everything in the room was new and very clean.

We had checked in around 7pm and were afraid that we had missed the free evening snacks at the executive lounge but nevertheless, we decide to try our luck. The female staff at the lounge requested for our room number and had to call reception to check if we wer entitled to the usage of the lounge. I find this a waste of time as we were just standing there staring at her making the call. When we attempt to walk around the small lounge area she told us not to do so??? This is the first time such a thing had happened to me at an executive lounge. Look you are not dealing with small children here. After the checks were done, we were then invited to take a seat in the lounge and help ourselves to the snacks. Although it was way past 7pm, alot of food was still available and it did not seem that the food would be removed anytime soon. There were hot snacks, soup, a variety of bread, desserts, fruits and salad. The spread was quite good compared to some international brandname hotels. In fact it was good eough for a light dinner. If you find the variey or amount insufficient, you can always order more food (at an extra charge of cos). The lounge is not well used and we were the only table eating from the snack bar. Nobody attempt to remove the food even after we were done and by then is was after 8pm.
        There is a health spa attached to the hotel and hotel guests can use it for free. If the food at the lounge is not enough, you can eat again at the heath spa :). Here you have a jacuzzi, sauna etc. Pretty standard but good facilities. The water in the swimming pool is very cold though.
        Besides the cafe at the hotel lobby and the swiss cafe, there is a crystal jade chinese restaurant co-located at the same building an hotel guests enjoy a small discount if you chose to dine there. Overall I would say there is no lack of food choices if you stay here but yet does not wish to venture out of the hotel building.
        I noticed that traffic noise canbe bothersome and if you are a lght sleeper, please ask for a room on higher floor. As my room was on 25th floor, I have no issue with traffic noise.

Room Tip: Room on high floor for less noise and good view.
        • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
        1  Thank HappyFeet25
        gmsbmb, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Guest,
        First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your very constructive review. We take note and thank you for highlighting the service standard, room comfort & bed and the level of cleanliness in the hotel. Service issues have always been at the top of the Management's priority list and our guests' well being and comfort are of our utmost concern.
        I would like to apologize for the problem that occurred upon your arrival at the executive lounge and do take note that out management team have already implemented new procedures in place to avoid this issue in the future.
        Nonetheless, we thank you for patronizing our hotel and hope that you will continue to visit us in the nearest future. We will take note on the concerns raised and work towards creating a exceptional stay experience for all our guests.
        Most Sincerely