“Close to ShoppingCenter”

Ranked #54 of 329 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Close to ShoppingCenter”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Good place to stay. Close to grand Indonesian shopping center. Only 10 min walk. Breakfast was not big. Only some toast and fried . Room was small but ok. Good price

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Kimstel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My friend and I stay there and I thought the place was quite close to the big shopping mall in Jakarta. What I found we need a little bit effort for walking. The other hotel in the main street I think it much better.

What I really concerned is not about that distance. I really don't like the room, they gave us smelly room. The smell is like dirty and filthy drain and I guess it came from sink and bathroom hole.
I thought after a day and they cleaned the room, it would be better but it's same when we came back into room.

The aircon was also not quite cool, it's only wind blowing, and we had to open the window to cast away the smell and the heat inside because the aircon didn't work properly.

Maybe this is good for only one night stay or backpackers. I really don't recommend for people who need comfortability in room.

The breakfast was also terrible. For two days we stayed, we always found we would not get the fried rice and egg. Also the rice was not cooked very well.

And one more thing, we had to pay the internet connection even in the hotel lobby. Ouch!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Rooms could use some paint and slightly nicer bedsheets, but for a budget hotel it's not bad. The location is out of the way, and most cab drivers will have a very hard time finding it: make sure to take the hotel's card with you. The staff were generally unhelpful.

That said, it's cheaper than a lot of options. Consider it if you're on a budget.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Iran
Reviewed April 5, 2011

small dark dirty rooms, almost nothing for breakfast, far fram the centers but there is a good bus connection!

I did not like it and I did not enjoy it, then i wonder about the text I read here and based on them I chose this place!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The location is fantastic. Just a short walk away from Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia. None of my Indonesian contacts know the place and were all surprised by the location and price.

Keep in mind that this is a budget hotel and you cannot compare it with the other hotels (4-stars and above) near it charging 4x what you would pay here.

It is a fairly new hotel so fairly clean environment. My bed pillow and sheets had stains but they are probably permanent. The washroom is acceptable except for the toilet roll. They are too soft and useless for me. I had to buy my own. In the closet- two cloth hangers; bring more if you need more. No safe in room but probably safer to just carry your passport and money with you at all times.

BIG positive point: there are a few electrical sockets for handphone charging or laptops. Excellent, unlike most places where you have to unplug this and that to charge your handphone. Remember your travel socket/plugs.

TV carries only local channels so you won't get CNN and so on. No newspaper available (even if you want to buy).

Breakfast isn't good as reviewed by others. Probably a good idea to just have the coffee and head out for a good bite elsewhere.

The receptionist can understand simple English, enough for check in/out and call for a Blue Bird taxi.

At the rear of the hotel is the railway track. Makes for an interesting contrast as the track is insulated by squatters on both sides, sifting through garbage bags, and you have the Shangri-La right across.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed March 25, 2011

If you're looking for a cheap stay in the middle of the city, this is the place for you! This budget hotel is well-designed and modern. Check-in however took a very long time, probably because the receptionist wasn't sure of the system. Bear in mind you have to pay a deposit for your keycard.

Hotel:
- Modern and nice
- Breakfast was very basic. Bread, butter and jams or local fried rice with egg.
- Ample parking space

Room:
- Small but compact room. Not so much space, so it fits 2 pax comfortably
- Moderately clean
- Basic local channels

Location:
- In the city. Grand Indonesia and other shopping places within 5 - 10 mins drive.

CONS:
- Air-con was leaking like crazy! We informed the hotel and nothing was done. Yup, we had to bear with the leaking for 3 nights. We even came back from our shopping to discover that our room was flooded! I'm not kidding. Damn..I should have taken a pic!

So there you go... maybe your luck won't be as bad as mine.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LadyMephis
manila
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Check in was a bit difficult because receptionist isn't familiar with the modified reservation online. He insisted that I pay for a higher amount, even if the agoda statement I have states the amount I should be paying because i modified me reservation. Since it was past midnight, I had to talk to the manager regarding the final charge the next day.

Security is well maintained because you have to have a key to access the elevator and you can only access the floor where your room is located.

Manager is soooooooooooo friendly, very accomodating and perfectly hospitable. He even helped us with our tour arrangements and asked us how your room was.

Location is ok. 10-15 minute walk to Grand Indonesia. Restaurants are nearby along the highway.

Wifi is expensive. You have to buy a card from the reception. I asked why the internet wasn't free, manager said they're still negotiating with the provider to give them the lowest possible price.

Breakfast is crap. Literally. It's just plain bread with jams OR fried rice with egg..

Cleanliness is the only problem I have with the hotel. (See pics uploaded). Towels won't be changed unless you request for it to be changed.

Other than that, I like the hotel's interior design and staff's hospitality.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends