“it has something”

Ranked #393 of 463 Hotels in Jakarta
london
“it has something”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Well mybest friend was staying in the trava its very close to monas park area menteng/cikini my friend was there a few days ahead of me and my wife he had a few problems 1 the room he wanted/was shown before was gone 2 when he did get the there was a problem with the loo very noise 3 the inroom safe kept failing he could not lock it but when he called them thay sent men to fix it pronto he paid idr400.000 pernite my friends room was ok and very big but needed to be sharpend up has wall paper hanging off and old big bathroom good in its hayday but dated now but still an ok place and nice staff first class doormen who can talk english and are age 30 pluse maybe ex army of police i felt safe thers a bluebird taxi service at the hotel and if thay are not around doorman will go out and get u a taxi.I came to chose a room and was shown a few rooms on 3 floors i only wanted a none smokeing room and that what i was shown the room on 11floor was ok same as my frineds room and good veiw of monas skyline the 2cd room was a refurbish room thay wanted idr575.000 pernite with buffet brekfest it was modern looking no safe in room same old bathroom nice slideing door wardrobe with lite new carpet new lites 26inplus lg flatscreen tv hidden old type aircon big bed new armchair with foot stool and dressing table power points so seen the effort i went to front desk and prebook the room the front desk guy ask the manager if i could get a discount this was give to me direct idr575.000 was now idr515.000 i was very happy about the deal days went past i took my wife to the hotel as we have our own place outside jakarta but wanted to go out in jakarta so better to stay closer and have a better time. booking in was slow but ok all was fine except the shower door problems waiting to happen when you open the door it can bang on the toilet thus makeing the glass shatter not good also shower was old and came off mini bar did not work as when u take keycard out mini bar is turned off you get free drinking water 2 every day we went to take a swim at the hotels dated rooftop pool the wash room area was dirty full of dead bugs no locker keys so we put or towels on sun chairs the pool was clean with life bouys to play with lol .we had food here everything here has tax on it so price looks small for food but it is not so pay upfront when you can to avoid some of this we ate outside the hotel meny fine places to do that yummy stuff we did have the brekfast it was ok but not that tasty but very good too all hot. well on last nite we pay for rest of room i wanted to take back my cash and pay with a debit card this was fine with them so i put in my pin in to device and then thay tell me thanks and that thay will leave it open and complet the payment next day ???i then try to tell the new front desk person that once the pin is in it acts same as signiture and payment will be taken direct he then try to tell me and my wife that debit is same as credit card and no cash will be taken until i sign WRONG i also explain that if left open in anyway im sure my bank will see this as not normal and cancel it self as on website it timesout if you take too long he told me WELL THIS IS WHAT WE DO HERE WHAT DO YOU WHANT ?so in a calm voice i reply( no need to get rude with me i just trying to understand this due to the fact iv never had this problem other hotels in the world or in jakarta) by this time he see he has overstep the line and says with a smile I WAS NOT BEEN RUDE! we get back to the point he tells me we dont need your card again just signiture on booking out i asume this is just for ther files fine with me we agree and rtn to our room i call my visa debit card service in london and thay tell me money was taken alredy idr 1.100.000 thats idr550.000 pernite i also explain to visa about what happen and thay say im rite also anyhow next nextday i go to complet this card thing and a new face is on the desk asking for my card again well like a bodyguard my wife explain in bhasa about the day before the lady had no info about this but not her fault we was told sorry and we told her about the funny priceing she then gave use a card recipt i could see it says OFFLINE ACTION meaning what is on this paper is useless but the lady did not understand and on this reprint was a lesser cost of idr 1.029.800 from wat i understand this was the true agreed cost so if i was to give the card again the chances are id be charged twice we didnt give it again. so my advice is dont use your card here look out on wat you spend keep all proof of payment otherwise this hotel is ok DO NOT PAY MORE THEN 520.000 FOR ROOM HERE this was good but abit stuck in time best thing is room boys and doormen so nice and friendly and not pushing for tips but i did give anyway i think in time it will improve its in good area for visits and tour nice chees cake restro nearby very nice

Room Tip: pay cash ask for lower rate and test out the room before you pay anything
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ebaruk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Checked in on 17 Dec 11. Hotel located not far from Gambir railway station. The reception area look impressived clean with nice deco with friendly porter and front staff. Room smelly bad, can see floor carpet never been cleaned for ages. The room maid never vacuum under bed cos can see dust and litters from previous guest. The shower drainhole chocked and wardrobe smelly suck. Too bad, a nice hotel with bad housekeeping that enough for us to stay a nite there.

Room Tip: Hotel located opp small mall with 'gient supermarket' as the main anchor .
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sinar2Suria
UK
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed in the Treva Hotel in early November 2011 for two nights. It is not expensive by Jakarta standards and as it is tall, there are good views from the windows. It is about a ten minute walk to the National Monument and Gambir Railway Station. The reception area is clean and open. The porters are very helpful. Unfortunately, that is all the good news. The room to which I was shown was poor. It had wallpaper peeling off the walls, especially underneath the window. The carpet was dirty and the towels were thin. I had no problems with bugs, as other reviewers mentioned, but personally, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank trimsite

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2009

You can find good discounts for this hotel in travel agancies. It's in a very central position and staff are very kind. But most rooms are smelly and full of small coakroaches, bedsheets are dirty and you are woken up very early by the room service. Sometimes they do not have clean towels until late at night: after asking for them many times, they brought them at 11 pm waking me up! Breakfast is disappointing and after you leave you smell like fried eggs.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business