“Exellence Service”

Akmani Hotel
Ranked #173 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Fanny Wantah

Selamat Sejahtera to you & your family .My Family & I were Guest at your esteem Hotel from 13 Oct
I Congratulate you for managing this Superb Hotel. The Staff are/were
Very professional, Polite, Courteous, Friendly & Extremely helpful……..especially
Ms.VITRIYANTI & EVAN esquire. I will certainly recommend this hotel to my business associates, friends & relatives.
My profound thanks & Appreciation.
Best & Warmest regards,
ABD.MANAN BIN S.AUGUSTIN@ABDUL RAHMAN.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Uncle_Abdul
Amril N, General Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Abdul Rahman

Greetings from Akmani Hotel Jakarta,

Thank you for your precious time to post such a valuable review on Trip Advisor.

It is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were truly impressed with all staff which always demonstrated a great hospitality attitude.

Your comments are important to us as we continue to refine the level of service we extend to our guests. We greatly appreciated your comments and hope to welcome you back in very near future.

There are newer reviews for Akmani Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed on last weekend at Akmani Hotel, Jakarta. I think the location is quite strategic, It’s located near the Mall, so I could easily go to shop. When I came in to the room, it has a unique design, very clean inside, I felt so comfortable. Another great feature, they have fast Internet service, as an IT Engineer, it helped me to do my work more productively. One more thing, I like their breakfast menu, and the staffs always smile and greet all costumer. I recommend Akmani Hotel as your next destination.

Room Tip: The southern room seems quite silence.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yoshuajoe

Dear Yoshuajoe

Thank you very much for your feedback during your recent stay with Akmani hotel Jakarta.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to hear your positive comments about the Location, Room design & cleanliness, breakfast, and staff hospitality.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in very near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and faced many problems

*Air con in room didn't work properly
*Was bitten by mosquitoes in the room
* The card for the electricity didn't work and had to go to the reception 2 times. Staff looked annoyed that I had a problem
*Went to the spa to have a massage - 45 minute foot and they were late and it was only 35 minutes. The massage was one of the worse I had, they touched my feet for 5 mins which was strange for a foot massage.
*Had Greek salad for dinner as a healthy option but the Feta was deep fried and greasy
*wifi code printed incorrectly on slip

Positives
*good location
*Lobby area looked new and modern and room was of a good size

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Choi-Wun L
Amril N, Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear choi wun el
Warm Greeting from Akmani Jakarta, and Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize if some parts of the stay have not met your expectation. I have addressed these shortfalls; in particular the Air condition didn’t work properly, mosquitoes, key card problem, therapist service, food and wi fi connection.
With the team we have review, address and training been taken to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Once again thank you for assisting us in our continuous path for improvement and look forward to have a second chance and welcome you back to The Akmani Jakarta .

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Recently stay for 2 nights at The Akmani Jakarta, booked by phone to the reservation. When we booked, it was clearly request connecting room with 1 double and 1 twin and request the rooms not too far from lobby. On the day before arrived at 1 PM, I called the hotel to make sure our reservation and look like everything is in order. When we arrived at the hotel it was 5.30 PM and we found that our rooms were both double, no twin room prepared and it was on 7th floor.
Of course we got upset, and then the GSA that handled us (Vitri) seems did not care with the problem. She just said that there were no other rooms available, what an arrogant attitude for hospitality person, so basically she could not handle our complaint. Then came their Duty Manager (Haudrian) and same case with Vitri NO SOLUTION. So finally we checked in on 7th floor and they prepared Hollywood Twin for one of our room. We were going to our room without proper information from reception about hotel facilities, breakfast information. I believe that should be the standard check in.
We have requested baby cot for our baby and at The Akmani they provide baby cot without matrass?? and the baby cot was broken already.
The reception desk were dusty and full of mosquito.
Breakfast variety were fine but the quality need improvement. The rice porridge was served with coriander leaves instead of celery?
Room Service deliver wrong order and we request bellboy when we check out, there is nobody came until around 20 minutes we were waiting. Finally we come down to the lobby by ourselves.
This hotel were in poor service, poor cleanliness and need lot of improvements in maintenance. Need proper training for all staff. Not recommended to stay and we will not coming back to stay at The Akmani.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank john_davy2013
Amril N, Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr.John Davy

Thank you for sharing your feedback for Akmani Hotel, Jakarta

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and caused inconveniences during your stay with us.
We are addressing each point detailed by you individually and together with the Team, work on rectifying these.
Please be rest assured that your comments are taken very seriously!.
after we checked a baby coat that we provide are a standard good condition with mattress, no broken and bouncy.
We once again would like to thank you for sharing as it is feedback like yours that will assist us in improving our services and we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Lilik Suprantono
Room Division Manager

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have booked this hotel online and requested for airport pick up, and they confirmed it by email and asked me to contact the Golden Bird taxi counter at the airport. But when I contacted the taxi counter, they informed me that the pick up was cancelled by the hotel..!!!!. Anyway I hired a taxi directly from the counter, it cost me only 2,10,000 IDR while the hotel's charge was 3,50,000 IDR. So, never book the taxi through the hotel, you can simply go to the pre paid taxi counters in the airport at the arrival hall. For the 1st time travelers, I suggest to hire the Golden bird taxi (even though it is little more expensive) since there is no counter for blue bird taxi in the airport terminal, but you have to go to their counter outside and to wait in the long que.

It is a medium class 3 star hotel, neat & clean. Staffs are very professional, no complaints at all. Rooms are neat, but the strange thing is they are applying black colour as much as possible as their signature, everywhere, so the general mood of the hotel is gloomy. The lights in the room is not enough, feels like candle light. The free wi fi is just ok, but not steady, so I opted the wired internet which was much better (even though not 100 % steady). The temperature of the shower water also varying, like the ECG graph of a dying person. I found some dust particles in the toilet & wash basin water. But all these things are quite common in Jakarta even in 5 star hotels also, so nothing much to complain.

The restaurant in the lobby level is ok, food was tasty but lot of mosquitoes (not in the food). Don't order beer from there, its a cheating, they are using a "miniature" beer glass and they fill it from little height, so 25% of the upper part will be only bubbles, so in effect you will get only half glass. SPA was good with trained staff, breakfast was adequate even though not wide spread. It is in the heart of central Jakarta, very near to Sarinah mall (don't be confused by the word "mall", only textiles there, but there is a medium supermarket in the basement floor. KFC, MC Donalds, Star bucks etc also nearby).

I recommend this hotel for families (and not much for solo travelers since no nightlife activities nearby).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IsaacKerala

Dear Mr Issac Kerrala
Greeting From Akmani, Jakarta
I apologies for the glitches which you have experience during your recent stay with us and thank you for sharing those.
I am addressing each point detailed by you individually and together with the team work in rectifying these issues. I assure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously and being addressed urgently particularly taxi prices, lights in the room, temperature of the shower, and also the beer bubbles. Mr. Isaac Kerrala, from now on we have provided additional standing lamp at Housekeeping Office in case our guest need his room brighter, Our hotel nearby high end mall Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia both are walking distance, plenty of night live activity are nearby also from café, restaurant or super club, When time bring you back to Jakarta please reach me or ask the concierge furthermore

Once again, I apologies for the glitches you experienced and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to enhance your experience on your next visit to Jakarta. I look forward to the opportunity to personally welcome you, again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights and overall, the impression was good. But that was until we had our late supper at their dining area at the lobby level and we found that there were plenty of mosquito flying around and even biting us. At the lounge area too had plenty of mosquito. So if you plan to sit around there, make sure you wear long pants and unfortunately, long sleeve shirt too.

The room was overall satisfactory although the lighting could be better. Was still very dark with all the lights blasting away. Breakfast was ok but could do better with more variety. It is unfortunate that we had to keep requesting for a new password every morning as they change the password on a daily basis. This is rather inconvenient and also their hotspot signal is not exactly reliable too.

The location of the hotel is close to Sarina Mall and opposite is another mall called Lotus which is useful for some fast food and western restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean C
Amril N, Manager at Akmani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Sean C
Greetings from Akmani Jakarta!

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and caused inconveniences .We are addressing these issues urgently, especially mosquito which we have taken some effort to solve it due to came from outside the hotel where the nearby new building construction located , while the additional standing lamp is now available at Housekeeping Office, Wifi password should be able to use longer now.
I once again would like to thank you for sharing as it is feedback like yours that will assist us in improving our services.

We all hope and look forward to have a second chance to welcome you back to the Akmani Jakarta.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights for business trip. The location is very good. The Hotel is near Sarinah mall and a lot of food court around Sabang street just 2 minutes walk. The rooms are well maintained.
Overall, Akmani Jakarta is quite a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mardisty67

Dear Mr Mardisty A,

Greeting from Akmani Jakarta!
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience during your stay with us at Akmani Jakarta.
I have shared your positive comments to the team and they feel proud to have made a positive impression during your stay at with us

Once again thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back!

Corp.General Manager