“I guess i've found myself a Home.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oria Hotel

Oria Hotel
Ranked #173 of 454 Hotels in Jakarta
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I guess i've found myself a Home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Oria Hotel at the Jalan Wahid Hasyim is a fine, cool and most of all a very clean modern hotel in the middle of the bustling heart of Indonesia's capital Jakarta. a suitable and ideal place for the businessman to be. Other arrangements can also be realize like family gatherings a well etc.
The staff is not overly humble as in many '5 star tourist hotels' but smooth, attend and polite which make me feel like home.
The food is good and well in choice and if you're a Japanese food lover well, this the right place to be
What I need is a place to stay and to sleep and I guess i've found myself a Home and most of all a new family to be with. It is worth recommending

Daniel Sahuleka,
The Netherlands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank daniel s
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Mr. Sahuleka,

We would like to thank you for choosing Oria Hotel for your stay in Jakarta and for your positive review. Our staff prides ourselves in creating a “Homey” atmosphere while still delivering the professional standards our guests deserve. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Caza Suki Restaurant, and are glad to inform you that in addition to our popular All You Can Eat BBQ & Shabu-Shabu buffet, we have also expanded our Ala Carte menu to include various Japanese, Western, and Indonesian dishes.

Once again, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Oria Hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Jakarta.

Hendra Surip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the former Luke Hotel which was renovated last year. The exterior looks new and lobby seems comfortable. After I viewed the rooms, I booked the Olay Suite room for 2 weeks, but only
managed to stay for 2nights.

When I reached the hotel about 2.30pm, the rooms are not ready yet although the check in time was 2pm. In the room, there was
1) No toilet paper
2) Cups were VERY dirty with tea stains
3) Floors does not seem to be mopped and since it is wooden floor, it has a sticky and disgusting feeling walking on it
4) There was no shower curtain for the bathtub, which is quite unacceptable being the most expensive room type in the hotel.
5) No hand towels
6) No universal fixed plug, so either you bring a universal adapter or borrow one from the recep.
7) Sofa does not seem too clean but was still within acceptable range.

The bed is quite comfortable, not too hard but the pillows were hard and not fluffy. 4 pillows are given but it is too hard to even sleep on one.
As I was staying on the third floor, the noise from the streets were loud and I can hear the bass from the music outside, some loud talking and engine noises
can be heard clearly from the 7/11 beside. There is too much noise through out the night.

The air conditioning was blowing in a fixed direction, so if you are at the working desk, you will be really cold but it is hot when you are on the bed since circulation is not good.

Service at the room was really slow, I could not get my laundry bag for 30 mins and I had to go out and get it myself.

The worst thing was that the internet was HORRIBLE. The IT came to the room to check and could not get it working for 2 days which triggered me to change hotels. The IT guy even try get away with it by showing me it was working on his laptop, so I took his laptop,
clicked on yahoo news and it hanged! Guess he was just trying to get away since he has been to my room for at least 5 times and could not get it to work. Until 2 days later, they told me that they are doing a wifi upgrade, but well, who can justify this.

Breakfast was normal, bread and toast was there. The toast is the old machine which is the press down kind and takes awhile to get your toast done. No chocolate spread, but butter and jam is available.
I ordered a plain omelette but a sunny side up came instead, guess the english understanding was not too good.

On the second day, there was some painting going on in the afternoon and the smell of paint was totally choking.

Overall,

Size of the room is good, location is perfect. It is 5 mins walk to the mall, supermarket and plenty of food within 2kms. 7/11 to the right and a seafood restuarant to the left. If you are not a business traveller and internet is not important to you,

Room Tip: As the suite I stayed in is the closest to the main road, it is very noisy at night, not only from t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously and have discussed your comments with our staff. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet expectation, primarily because of issues regarding our internet upgrade, however we are delighted to inform you that our Wi-Fi internet upgrade for speed and stability is completed.

We also apologize for the inconvenience caused by room renovations, but are happy to report that the room renovations are now completed and guests can now enjoy our additional room types. We encourage you to give Oria Hotel another chance to see the improvements for yourself during your next visit to Jakarta.

Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'm haven't staying here but I enjoy attending training here. With great location, nice snacks and easy to park a car. I would highly recommend this Hotel if you want to held Seminar or Training. It has lots of seminar room which can occupy from ten to hundreds and it also has ballroom for about 300-400 people. Again.. what I really like from the Hotel is the LOCATION. They showed me the room, but to me its just like any other Hotel. Nothing special from others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Ricky,

Thank you for your positive review and recommendation. We are delighted that you enjoyed your training event here at Oria Hotel. As you mentioned, we have a wide variety of seminar rooms of all sizes, and take great pride in giving our guests the perfect venue and service for their training and seminar needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, when you can also see our newly designed Deluxe and Suite rooms.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation for Oria Hotel.

jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Having reservation through agoda gave us certainly for the room. But we have to wait til 45 minutes before got the room key. Even though it's 2.20 pm (normal check in time is 2 pm). The way the front desk officer deal with customer need major improvement. They should be more manner n behave when they face the customer.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Sir,

I apologize that our staff service did not meet your expectations. As this is such important issue for us, I would really appreciate if you have a moment to email me at gm@oriahotel.com with the specifics in order for us to continually improve our service.

Thank you for your support and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you better next time.

Denpasar, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had stay in this hotel for several times during my business trip to Jakarta. So so Hotel and the only advantage is their strategic location only so no wonder the Hotel's rate quite expensive. The last time I stay at this Hotel was a nightmare. Poor service and housekeeping. I'm arrived in evening, check in to the room and found the mineral water is not replaced with the new one!!! Call the reception and request for new mineral water and no one delivered it until I'm check out!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
OriaHotelJkt, General Manager at Oria Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014

Oria Hotel Jakarta

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel and is very strategically located. It's within a walking distance to Thamrin street where many major banks and corporate buildings are located. The 24-hour McDonalds, Starbucks, Burger Kings are a mere 7 minute walk.
The room has a simple, minimalist design. The size is alright (slightly bigger than the rooms at the nearby budget hotel). It's clean and comfortable. The staff are polite and courteous. The check-in and out were quite efficient. Parking is easy and free. The Caza Suki Japanese restaurant on the 2nd floor is also quite good. There are plenty of restaurants and Jakarta street food style on the near-by Sabang road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of Oria Hotel, and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are also delighted that you took the opportunity to try our All You Can Eat, Shabu Shabu & Barbeque menu at Caza Suki. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oria Hotel during your next visit, when perhaps you could sample some items on our Ala Carte Menu.

Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

New hotel near heart of CBD, the Oria has a friendly staff an clean rooms. Bed was excellent and shower fine. Good selection of channels on the TV. Staff did a good job. Clientele was mostly local, not many foreigners. I like the area, having stayed near there multiple times. Plenty of restaurants, feels pretty safe, and close to shopping malls.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Ricardo,

Thank you for your review of Oria Hotel, and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are also pleased to hear that you found our bed comfortable, as we provide 5 Star Quality King Koil Beds. Our Staff also appreciates the positive feedback regarding their service.

Thank you for your support, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oria Hotel during your next visit to Jakarta.