“great restaurant - good Malay, Indonesian food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seribu Rasa

Seribu Rasa
Ranked #7 of 7,653 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“great restaurant - good Malay, Indonesian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Eaten here a couple of times - both meals very good - great selection of different dishes, portions quite big, quite nice decor, lots of fish ponds etc, good service - a meal for four cost 700,000 rupiah (no alcohol).

Visited March 2014
1 Thank BenM279

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A taste of Indonesian cuisine at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Located in the Menteng area just a few steps from the famous Bundaran HI. What I love about the place is the ambience. After a hectic day dealing with Jakarta's traffic, going in you'll feel relaxed. We ordered chicken sate to begin with, a must try definetely especially the peanut sauce with which it comes with. Then we ordered fish (keraou), chicken ala binjai, prawn and i fu mie ala Binjai. Everything tasted divine but need to say that the Kerapu with Jimbaran sauce is a must try! For us locals the taste is not as strong as the real thing but it is the best taste for first timers who wants to try Indonesian food. Not as spicy but enough to represent it. We try several dessert but its just average. Pricey for Indonesian food and need to do reservations beforehand especially on the weekend because it can get quite busy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank FebrynaW
jakarta
“Tasty Peranakan Cuisines, must try the crispy fried chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Gandaria City outlet last week for the first time. Passed it many times before, always thought it was a western food resto because the amosphere from outside is v cozy and doesnt look asian. Turns out they serve Peranakan cuisine with good menu variation covering all the meat, poultry and veggies. I really enjoyed the crispy fried chicken and shrimp with salted duck egg yolks (I eat the skin as well coz it is crispy and full of flavours). So all things considered, I'd go there again when I crave Peranakan cuisine.

Visited March 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“I am very disappointed and feel fooled”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I’ve been a frequent patron of Seribu Rasa restaurants at Gandaria City and Menteng. I think their food is fantastic and dining at their restaurants was always an enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately, my recent visit was not quite as pleasant as usual. I had dinner yesterday with my family at Seribu Rasa Menteng for the second time. My wife and I ordered Heineken draught beer, each costs Rp 64k/5,5 USD. The minute I saw it I knew it was a ‘dead’ beer! Almost no nitrogen bubbles and foam. I did some pouring test and I was right. The taste was terrible. I asked for replacement and they were kindly enough to replace them with….an almost dead beer. The manager said the first beer was old and they replaced with new one. I think the person behind the tap beer needs more training. I decided not to complain anymore and just ordered their cocktails. The Prambanan delight was a great change.

For dinner, I was drawn into the new menu. The prawn salad with cheddar cheese and mayonaise sauce looked very appetizing (on the picture!), so I decided to try that. My wife and kids ordered the usual pad thai and nasi lemak. They were very tasty. First, they brought me mango salad with shrimp inside. I didn’t order that so I returned it. In the meantime, a waiter came to our table with a bottle of Bintang, which we didn’t order either. He then realized that it was for the table next to us. While I was waiting for my prawn salad from the new menu, my wife and kids already got their food and started eating.

When I finally got my prawn salad, I was taken aback for a moment. My prawn salad looked completely different from the picture in the menu. I understand that food pictures on menu always look more ‘spectacular’ than the real ones, but when I say completely, I mean 100% different. The prawns on the menu picture looked cooked. But the prawns in my salad were fried with bread crumbs around them. They were laid on bedding of cucumber slices and on top of big blocks of apples with acidy mayonaise sauce. On the picture, I saw no cucumbers at all (maybe they’re hidden inside), but on my plate the cucumbers were the main central point. It was just so obviously seen. I saw no cheddar cheese on my plate (I was expecting some cheddar blocks). I called the manager to ask about this salad. He said that the cheese was mixed in the sauce. I didn’t see or taste any cheese in my sauce. This salad, which cost about Rp 85k / 7,4 USD, is a ripoff! I don’t mind spending extra for fine dining, but I demand also a quality for the money.

I am very disappointed and feel fooled. Let this be a remainder for Seribu Rasa to go back to their high standard again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BuleJakarta
“tasty food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Its a very nice place to hang around and spend your time while waiting the traffic to be ease.........food ok service good.

• Visited February 2014