“Best cheapest Place to stay in Jakarta”

Bangka Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #66 of 358 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I spent two days at Bangka Bed and Breakfast because it was near our Jakarta Office. I was tired of high expensive hotels and wanted to stay a more local style place. The B&B is hard to find. My taxi driver from the airport had a little trouble finding it. The place is comfortable. I did not eat any of the food, mostly boiled eggs and bread. There was no one else there so it was probably more pleasant than if it were crowded. There are several places to eat within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and I felt more like I was within a community and a stuffy hotel. I felt very safe staying at the Bangka and would stay there again if I ever return to Indonesia.

Room Tip: It may be cheaper to book a room directly on Bangka's web site than on a travel site. Also note...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Bangka B&B has five rooms and is located in a small and quiet side street off Kemang, south of the centre of Jakarta. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is really friendly and helpful. It is an informal and relaxed place.

Kemang is an interesting mix of modern and more traditional, rich and not so rich - I spent quite some time discovering and enjoying the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bertver
Reviewed January 7, 2012

When I arrived Jakarta International Airport, I was met by Ian at the arrival. He was holding my name there for almost an hour due our flight was delayed for 30 mins, not to mention that I had to collect my baggage and I was able to come out of the immigration at 1230 am. We arrived Bangka bed and breakfast minutes past 1 am and I was immediately accommodated and my baggages were sent to my Room (Sundra). My room was ready when we got there and I had a short orientation about where the bathroom, dining room and time for breakfast. then I had a very nice sleep. The next day, the breakfast was served early in the morning. I had unlimited serving of bread, butter, strawberry jam and chocolate spread. We also had a hardboiled egg. I met Mr. Rico, who is very good in speaking english. He arranged everything: including reservations for a one whole day city tour, inclusive of driver, car, tour guide, worth USD 100 (worth the money) even on very short notice. One of the things i like about bangka bed and breakfast is that Mr. rico can contact an authorized money changer to go to the house and bring your requested amount at a very special rate (good for tourists). Rico was also very helpful in giving directions to establishments, restaurants which are all 10 mins walk from the bangka bed and breakfast. The whole staff wants to ensure that my stay in jakarta will be the safest, most comfortable and worth of my money. I had a good time here, especially that it was my first solo tour on new year holiday. I recommend this place to first timers (solo and group travellers) because the staff here treat you not just guests but as friends. Thank you to the staff: Rico, Ian, Ivan and rini for the job well done! See you soon!

Room Tip: sundra room is very big and has windows to see other views around the neighborhood.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank E_Jame
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was tired of staying in the usual high-rise fancy hotels in Jakarta that in my opinion felt very unfriendly. I was so happy to find Bangka B&B and have since returned a number of times. The house is in a great location; it is a quite area but walking distance to great bars and restaurants. The rooms are comfy; they have nice beds, windows and they are very clean. The price is very reasonable. But above all the house is has a very warm and homely feeling; there is a nice eating area and a lovely sitting area at the front surrounded by bookshelves. Furthermore, the staff - Rico and Rini - are two of the nicest people I have come across in Jakarta. They are kind, friendly and happy to help you.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Hugh L
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Bangka Bread n Breakfast was our choice to stay when me n my friend visited Jakarta last feb.. gotta gud pickup service from the airport to a most peaceful atmosphere near the most happening place @ Jakarta.. I would personally suggest Bangka esp for those, who r visiting Jakarta for the first time.. Will be assured with all the assistance from the guys of Bangka as it worked with us.. n much safer atmosphere for the foreigners... More than worth for the rent paid with better quality..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I would definately recommend Bangka Bed and Breakfast , as a place to stay in jakarta , it is centrally located close to a number of good eateries and night clubs. Kemang itself is a good area for a wide variety of activities.The room was small quite compact , but airconditiong could be better! Also people here do make every effort to help you ! I had a exellent time visiting the zoo,taman mini indonesia, and the national monument.But places such as blok-m ,Plaza indonesia , kelapa gading take a while to reach.I must commend Mr Rico ardes and Ms rini as well as Mr Ardha for such a good experience!

Room Tip: Go for larger room if your more than 1
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank aditya_takley
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed in the single room with the two of us, because that was the only room available. We enquired via e-mail if this room was big enough for 2 people. They said it was, but it turns out it wasn't. There are 2 single beds pressed against each other and you can just open the door, but that's it. The location is not great, there are some restaurants in the area but to get to any of the tourist stuff or the train station it takes at least an hour by taxi. The breakfast is nog great, two slices of bread and spreads. The kettle takes about 20 minutes to boil, very inconvenient. We had to leave early because the train station is so far away, but they don't make any arrangments for a breakfast before 7am. They are very friendly and helpfull, but a lot of the time there is nobody around who speaks english. We wouldn't stay again, but then again we would never stay in Jakarta again, what a dreadfull city.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple