Kahyangan Shabu Shabu and Teppanyaki Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We always enjoyed teppanyaki menu and decided to try Kahyangan's Teppanyaki's establishment this time. We had the opportunity to be served by the Head Chef to celebrate our anniversary. Aside from the scenic view from our private room, staffs' service is excellent. Service was prompt & staffs were very attentive--It seemed like there were always two staffs standing by outside our room (or at least we felt it that way).

Food is as fresh as you could get and quality is first class. The lobster that we had was still alive (and they claim that they only take lives one). Food preparation & presentation were classy and unlike other typical teppanyaki places that we've tried, chefs prepared some special dipping sauces (one of them made out of the extract of sea urchin) at the side.

Although quite pricey--we think it's reasonable to what the place offers and price-range should be similar to the other Teppanyaki places bearing such standard. In addition, unlike Kahyangan Shabu Shabu which has been there for quite some time, the Teppanyaki restaurant is a fairly new establishment (since 2012). The only unfortunate events during our visit were the exhaust (suction wasn't quite stong enough) and the A/C (the room wasn't chilled enough for Teppanyaki establishment)--but, those may be related to the building facility.

1  Thank 4ri4
Philippe L, General Manager at Kahyangan Shabu Shabu and Teppanyaki Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear 4ri4,

Thank you very much for reviewing our restaurant. We are very pleased to read that you put our Teppanyaki on such a pedestal and proud that we can keep such a reputation to our valuable customer.
Thank you for your compliments on our chef and the service which we will share with all of our team members.

I note with regret that your comments regarding the exhaust’s suction and also the AC. Kindly rest assured that we already briefed our engineering team and we will take some corrective actions.We appreciate receiving your comments as we know that this will help us to improve our services.

We hope that you and family will have the opportunity to visit Kahyangan again in the future and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you then.

Best regards,

Philippe Le Bourhis

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I went to Khayangan to celebrate my wife's birthday on December 2013. From the very first time I contacted them via email, Frankie RF and his team has shown the absolute best service attitude I have received from any restaurant.
My email was responded to immediately and all questions were addressed well. I booked for a seat by the window and when he found out that it was for my wife's birthday he gave us both a private room at absolutely no cost with the best view possible (there should be a minimum room charge). I also asked if it was possible for the restaurant to play our favorite song on the cd, and he sent a whole music team into the room singing the song plus happy birthday to my wife, which made my wife cry. He gave us complimentary chocolate cake as dessert which was one of the best cake. On our leaving his team left us a gift of a Christmas cake which we took home and share with the kids. It was amazing service and I would not hesitate on recommending anyone to have their special occasion here.
The food was excellent and plenty. My wife and I could not finish the seafood platter and serving of meat that we ordered. The view was the best that you could get in Jakarta, and the service was amazing. It cost us IDR1.200K (USD 100) for this whole experience, well worth the price! I would go back on a heartbeat.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is located on the 28th floor with city views. It is decorated in a western style. The restaurant serves only Shabu-Shabu. The waiting service was prompt. My wife and i ordered two portions of premium beef slices and one set of greens. The portion size was appropriate and the beef quality was very good. It is the best Shabu-Shabu i had outside Japan. With the good view, ambience and exceptionally good beef, the meal was well worth the USD50 per person bill. I will definitely return to this restaurant for Shabu-Shabu when in Jakarta.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was very nice the staff was Friendly and attentive. The tepanyaki experience could have been better. The produce was good but I would t say the chef was equally good. Not a bad place to go with a group but not the best either

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the second time i been in this restaurant andbest shabu shabu i had in asia (japan not invluded) i am very impressed that they serve very good beef. However, how come the price i paid last time was half the price i paid now? Before the restaurant was quite full but ever since they incresed the price it was so empity. My only sugestion is that you lower the price back to normal, if not the restaurant is very empty, but for everything elso it's good.

Bulan B, Quality & Attitude Manager at Kahyangan Shabu Shabu and Teppanyaki Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear andy s,

Thank you very much for reviewing our restaurant. We are very pleased to read that you put our Shabu Shabu on such a pedestal and proud that we can keep such a reputation to your eyes over the years. We have unfortunately had to adapt our prices due to the increase in the prices of imported beef. As you know we serve only the highest quality beef. Furthermore, our new executive chef is developing a new menu with a broader choice of meats and dishes to suit all occasions and budgets. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Kind regards,