“Nice big rooms”

Ranked #311 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Nice big rooms”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Good hotel in close proximity to Ancol Bay. I was catching the boat to Pulau Putri in the morning so thought this location would be perfect.

The rooms were good with a kitchen area and balcony. The restaurants in Ancol are in close proximity but still probably best to get a hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Aston_Marina_Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Damian,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely comments. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will always consider our hotel as your preferred accommodation choice in Jakarta and look forward to having another privilege to welcome you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can make appropriate arrangement for your next stay with us at Aston Marina.

Dini M. Artha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Spent 2 days with my little family here (2 kids) and I think the kids are so happy and they refuse to go home :) they enjoy the swimming pool, playground , big room and even the complimentary shuttle bus to Ancol :) will definitely go back .. But I would like to comment about the breakfast. We have the same breakfast menu for 2 days in a row and there also so many mosquito hiding in the restaurant... Hope that they can do something about that..

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Ms. C3llinee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aston Marina. We are very happy to know that you and your family have enjoyable stay. It is our desire that each of our valued guests feel at home and very happy with their choice to stay with us.

I am concerned to hear your comment about the breakfast and have shared this with our Chef to take immediate action for improving variety in the breakfast. Regarding the mosquitoes, our Executive Housekeeper has arranged extra treatment for restaurant area to reduce the spread of mosquito.

Your comments are extremely important to us to do better in the future. I do hope that you can visit us again soon, and I have a chance to meet you and ensure you are delighted in all aspects of your stay.

Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Stay 1 night for visit purpose to Ancol with my family, the closest hotel with Ancol gate and stay at one bedroom.
Complete setting room set up with kitchen set and its equipment, clean and comfortable bed. My kids love it n feel like at home
Nice pool, complete breakfast, big lobby and friendly staff

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tama_IRR
Dear Mr. Tama,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We do hope that our friendly service professionals have offered service with a smile, made you feel at home and that all facets of your stay have met or exceeded your expectations. Therefore, we glad to know it someway makes your stay enjoyable.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Marina. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can make appropriate arrangement for your next stay with us at Aston Marina.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is pretty old need a renovation! bath tub doesn't work, waiting the handyman more than 1 hours. The card key was not working , so I have to go to lobby again to asked the receptionist to fix it, the receptionist blame me said it was my fault cause' I put the key near my phone (REALLY, DUDE??!). The pool area shared with the Aston residence, so crowded and not relaxing. There is a cat in outdoor restaurant table.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Aston_Marina_Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Ms. Gayatri Adria,

Thank you for taking the time to write valuable review about your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology, even though an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mentioned in your review, specifically about bathtub problem, difficulty with key card, and cat presence in outdoor restaurant. Long waiting for handyman and inconvenience feel caused by the response of our receptionist on your key card problem are certainly not the representation of service we wish to portray to you.

Please rest assured that I have addressed the issue you alerted me to Department Head concerned and will do our part to make necessary improvement.

In regards to key card, you may also be interested to learn that our hotel has changed the access card slot machine and key card to more durable type of card in the beginning of February 2014. This effort has eliminated the key card problem due to electronic sensitivity and so forth.

I do hope that you can visit us again and I have a chance to meet you personally and ensure you are delighted in all aspects of your stay.

Dini M. Artha

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Pontianak, Indonesia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Aston Marina Hotel Murah di Jakarta. Nice interior design but the exterior of the hotel was below average.. clean room but small though.. the room service so damn slow maybe due to the outstanding number of tourists using the hotel as the hotel is near ancol where ASOT party is held. other than that, average.

Nice room, we take condotel 2bed room, clean room, breakfast are not to much variation but overall is good. Recommended for stay with your family, because really near to ancol beach and dunia fantasi. But in the night the sound from truck container really annoying. Read more my review in http://xfactorseo.blogspot.com/2014/02/goindonesia.html

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yuwira N
Dear Mr. Yuwira,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. It is only through feedback such as yours that provide us ways to improve our service and product.

Your experience with the long waiting of Room Service has drawn my personal attention. Although at that time we did have to deal with the outstanding numbers of guest who stay for ASOT event, off course it was certainly not the level of service we desire to give and for this short coming, I sincerely apologize. I have addressed your concern with the Outlet Manager to ensure this situation is avoided in the future.

Your comments about the annoying sounds from truck container in the evening as well as the variation of breakfast have been shared to the Department Head concerned for taking the necessary actions accordingly.

In regards to the hotel exterior, you may also be interested to learn that our hotel will carry out the repainting work for the hotel exterior hopefully in this year.

I really appreciate your patronage give this valuable feedback that helping us to do better in the future and look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back at Aston Marina.

Jakarta
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good value for a one bedroom apartment. Cozy and compact. Only complaint is that the hotel is pretty old and it is really evident in the rooms. Floors are tainted, bathroom molds and algae in the corners and the balcony was not maintained. All in all I was satisfied with my stay. Wish they provided small face towels on default too in the rooms.
Oh, and I am neutral about this but the pool area is shared with the residence.

Room Tip: Book in advance and ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Aston_Marina_Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ms. Farida,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time in providing feedback about your stay at Aston Marina recently. I am happy to hear that overall you feel satisfied with your choice to stay with us.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the balcony, floors and bathroom that were not cleaned well. I have addressed all of your concerns include providing face towel in the room to our Executive Housekeeper for taking necessary action to improve our service and product excellence.

In regards to the pool area that should be sharing with the residences, I am afraid this part is our given condition. However, we are maintaining this area to remain comfortable for our guest by providing hotel pool towel, garden area with pool loungers and pool attendant who ready to be of assistance for our guest.

Ms. Farida, I do hope that you can visit us again soon, and I have a chance to meet you and ensure you are delighted in all aspects of your stay.

Warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2014

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Aston_Marina_Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Marina Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Remmy,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time in providing feedback about your stay at Aston Marina recently. This is extremely important to us as it is our desire that each of our valued guests feel happy with their choice to stay with us.

I am concerned to learn that you felt inconvenience with our room service. Although at that time we did have to deal with the outstanding numbers of guest who stay for ASOT event, off course it is certainly not the level of service we desire to give and for this short coming, I sincerely apologize.

We have taken your comments to heart and will do our part to make the improvements necessary. You may also be interested to learn that our hotel is expecting the repainting work for the hotel exterior in this year.