“Recommended Japanese restaurant at SCBD area”
Review of Birdman

Birdman
Ranked #370 of 9,336 Restaurants in Jakarta
Description: a Japanese gastropub located in the heart of Jakarta, SCBD. Serve you the best Japanese authentic and fusion food, cocktails, sake and many exciting things await you more!
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

Follow my ig: @andriselly

Birdman is a Japanese restaurant with minimalist & Melbourne style interior design. Located strategically in the middle of SCBD area, Birdman offers enticing set lunch menus.

First time being here with friends, I tried their various set lunch menu which has included main course, rice, ocha, salad, pickles, miso tofu salad & gelato.

My fav set menu is ebi fry. 4 big breaded shrimp with rice & egg taste wonderful!

Another fav is kalbi don. Thinly sliced beef ribs with half boiled egg and eaten with Japanese white rice is a total comfort food for me.

I also love their wagyu beef burger!
Juicy & thick patty combined with fluffy egg & cheese. A burger to die for! They also have chicken katsu burger which is also delicious!

For noodle, I've tried carbonara drymen. I like the rich & flavourful noodle without being saucy.

For appetizer, try their Daigaku Imo (sweet potato). Dangerously addictive, I can't stop eating this caramelized fried sweet potato

Last but not least, lava cake. The combination of melted choco cake with vanilla ice cream is the best dessert after having such delicious meals

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

Please kindly follow my instagram: @doctfoodie :)

First time being here, Birdman Jakarta is located at SCBD Lot.18 and quite easy to find this resto.
Nice ambiance; Japanese and minimalist Melbourne style interior design. I also love the sound system.

For the menu, I ordered some of their lunch package (starts from IDR 80K-150K)

The shrimps are on point!
Saikoro beef, okonomiyaki, chicken cheese burger, and the others were superb. Nothing complained for the flavour :D
So fresh and yummy!

Don't forget to order the lava cake. Best lava cake I've ever tasted so far. Boom!

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank DayTrip15546385931
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

I cannot think of a single reason why I should come back here again. Very expensive, but not outstanding food and very mediocre service. Highlight when I got the bill: Excuse me, you charged 75,000 for a beer but in the menu it says 50,000 - Oh that's the new price, the menu just hasn't been updated yet :-) :-) :-) Seriously: Go to Okuzono or even Sake+ where you get better food, better drinks, better service, and better atmosphere for the same or less money.

1  Thank gsh_1975
Reviewed October 11, 2018

I visited Jakarta and going out with my friend and she found this place on her app, so we went. The atmosphere was great, food and service also excellent , they got live music too.
I don't think this is a child-friendly place, because the live music sound is a bit loud.
Definitely good place to hang out with friends. For me this is a bit pricey (not my typical hang out place), but the portion and the taste was worth the money.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Been here twice, total in love with thei Lunch Set, super affordable and tasted amizing! U need to try their Ebi Katsu Don set and Chicken Wing Skewers!

Loving their ambiance, cool tone and marble. Insta worthy! They have live music also on weekend with no minimal purchase!