“Great steak and blooming onion”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #561 of 8,077 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I go there to enjoy a great platter of blooming onion, great juicy steak and fresh salads with good conversations amongst good friends. The portions are big enough for us girls to share. So we order 1 of each and simply share.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Now, I have reviewed Outback before and had only given it 3 out of 5 stars. Main reason for this was the fact, that I was not too happy with their steaks. After having gone there a bunch of more times, I have to make an addition to that previous judgement - some of their steaks are actually really nice. Particularly the tenderloin (Victoria's fillet) is amazing! Not cheap at 300k, but definitely good! Just the lower priced steaks still leave something to be desired.

As for the rest - excellent service, super friendly staff, great appetizers, burgers, soups and salads and cozy booths.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Good food, good environment and huge space in Kuningan city mall.nice place for company gathering and party event because of the space. I just can't handle the size of the steak..if u know what I mean..:D

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Go for the ribs, not the steak. The bread is also good, and they offer free refill for soft drinks and lemon tea.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I'm a regular at the Ratu Plaza branch and can never decide whether to love or hate Outback.

Let's start with the positive aspects:
* friendly staff! Really nice folks!
* delicious soup for a low price.
* great appetizers! chicken wings, onion rings - all awesome!
* comfy booths - meaning more privacy and a more intimate feel.
* good, rustic atmosphere.
* free refill on soft drinks

But now the drawbacks:
* Outback is an "Autralian Steakhouse" that is not from Australia and serves below average steaks. Sorry folks, as much as I like you, it's the truth. I've had the sirloin (tough as a leather), the tenderloin (bland) and the New York strip (okay, but nothing special).
* and the steaks are TOO EXPENSIVE!!! If I want a Tenderloin Steak for 329k I can also go to a five star hotel and dine in a very different ambiance or go to Mastro Meat Market and have a much better quality steak like Wagyu 9+ there for the same price. I would understand and accept the prices if they were serving USDA Prime steaks, but the meat here is either USDA Choice or Australian black angus, which are both at least 50% cheaper.

At the moment, I go about once a month, but am starting to really avoid the steaks. Ad that's a shame for a steakhouse.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!