“One of the best hotels I've ever visited ! ”

Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Ranked #27 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It was an amazing experience, best room service, try the steak sandwich ;) I liked the bathroom design, and showers. Food at restaurant was so good too. It was a little bit expensive, also make sure u move to your meetings early enough ! Traffic is the worst thing ever in Jakarta :)

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed there with a group of families attending a wedding reception held in Bali room. The Grand Deluxe room was very spacious with a view of HI.
The only unpleasant experience we had was that (probably) the wall was too thin because we can hear the TV show our neighbour watched all night. We stayed 1 night 7-8 Sept 13.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

As a frequent traveller to Jakarta, I have stayed in numerous hotels in the city however Kempinski remains my favourite hotel. It is an easy choice given the great location - both Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia are within walking distance so you minimize the need to venture out into Jakarta traffic : ) and the luxurious, modern feel of the hotel.
The Kempinski experience begins when you enter the hotel, with a warm welcoming committee and a friendly, efficient check-in service - you already know its the start of a great stay. Although a tad pricey, I do think you get what you pay for; and if you are looking for a luxurious, little weekend escape - Hotel Indonesia Kempinski is your best bet! xx

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your naming Hotel Indonesia Kempinski as your favorite hotel in Jakarta. We do take pride in our unbeatable location which is perfect for spending both business and leisure time in Jakarta. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next weekend escape!

Kind regards

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Kempinski jakarta on a recent business trip. This is my third recent trip and I have had to change rooms mid-stay twice usually because the toilet or shower wasn't working. This is indicative of the level of maintenance at he hotel and how it has been on th slide since the hotel opened. The bed is comfortable as always and staff at the hotel are always warm and accommodating...these are the hotel's plus points. The gym is fantastic and the breakfasts are one of the best in time. And of course it's location is fantastic. Take note Kempinski there's an opportunity to be a fantastic hotel if you iron out the little rough spots.....

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the The Central Fountain...wonderful sight at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind comment on our service and for staying with us in the recent times you were in Jakarta. We take your feedback on our maintenance level very seriously and strive to improve. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next Jakarta trip.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have just spent a week at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski and found it a fantastic hotel. The room was very well appointed (the automatic toilet was quite novel) and my room overlooked the Selamat Datang Monument roundabout, so I was in a prime viewing seat for the infamous Jakarta traffic! The traffic noise was not too disturbing but did creep in every now and again, mainly the sirens of police and military vehicles.

The staff at the hotel are wonderful, all so very welcoming, friendly and helpful. By my second day there, the staff in the breakfast dining area knew me by name.

As I had to work some quite long hours in my hotel room I got to experience their in room dining menu which has a good range of both western and Indonesian cuisine, but I would have liked a little more "kick" in the Indonesian meals as I think that they may have toned them down for the western palate. I also took advantage of a wonderful massage treatment that was wonderful.

Being next door to a very large shopping mall complex was very convenient, although I only got to experience it on the Friday night before flying out. Next time I am back I will explore this more particularly for all the restaurants and cafes. I did get to experience Kopi luwak coffee (cat poo coffee beans) in a cafe and well worth the experience, a very nice coffee indeed!

Overall a fantastic hotel with great staff, highly recommended, great staff and facilities.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, so perhaps higher up might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

i have been go to Hotel indonesia, there are many kinds the luxurious facility.This is my second visit. I like this hotel as it is next to one of the largest mall in Indonesia (Grand hyatt). Room is spacious, clean with nice decor. Surprisingly, i was greeted by the name from the second day of my visit. The Italian restaurant (D'Oro) is fairly good but...

Room Tip: in an room full AC, and it's very cool, and i think less the cold AC
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comment and making our hotel become your preferred place to stay when visiting Jakarta. Your remarks about our Italian restaurant Casa D’Oro have been discussed internally. Furthermore, we just welcomed our new Italian Chef on board who will revamp the menu and make it more attractive in variety and pricing. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment I checked in to the hotel till the day I left, all I could think of was how glad I was that I booked this hotel. Great service, professional, courteous and helpful staff, great facilities, very safe, especially if you are a single woman business traveler. I had booked the cheapest room since I was going on work but it was quite a large room and super comfortable. I think they recently renovated as well so all the fittings are super high-tech. All in all I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Jakarta.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business