“Wonderful staff and great location.”

Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Ranked #12 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have just spent a week at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski and found it a fantastic hotel. The room was very well appointed (the automatic toilet was quite novel) and my room overlooked the Selamat Datang Monument roundabout, so I was in a prime viewing seat for the infamous Jakarta traffic! The traffic noise was not too disturbing but did creep in every now and again, mainly the sirens of police and military vehicles.

The staff at the hotel are wonderful, all so very welcoming, friendly and helpful. By my second day there, the staff in the breakfast dining area knew me by name.

As I had to work some quite long hours in my hotel room I got to experience their in room dining menu which has a good range of both western and Indonesian cuisine, but I would have liked a little more "kick" in the Indonesian meals as I think that they may have toned them down for the western palate. I also took advantage of a wonderful massage treatment that was wonderful.

Being next door to a very large shopping mall complex was very convenient, although I only got to experience it on the Friday night before flying out. Next time I am back I will explore this more particularly for all the restaurants and cafes. I did get to experience Kopi luwak coffee (cat poo coffee beans) in a cafe and well worth the experience, a very nice coffee indeed!

Overall a fantastic hotel with great staff, highly recommended, great staff and facilities.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, so perhaps higher up might be a little quieter.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indonesia Kempinski

Reviewed September 18, 2013

i have been go to Hotel indonesia, there are many kinds the luxurious facility.This is my second visit. I like this hotel as it is next to one of the largest mall in Indonesia (Grand hyatt). Room is spacious, clean with nice decor. Surprisingly, i was greeted by the name from the second day of my visit. The Italian restaurant (D'Oro) is fairly good but...

Room Tip: in an room full AC, and it's very cool, and i think less the cold AC
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comment and making our hotel become your preferred place to stay when visiting Jakarta. Your remarks about our Italian restaurant Casa D’Oro have been discussed internally. Furthermore, we just welcomed our new Italian Chef on board who will revamp the menu and make it more attractive in variety and pricing. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment I checked in to the hotel till the day I left, all I could think of was how glad I was that I booked this hotel. Great service, professional, courteous and helpful staff, great facilities, very safe, especially if you are a single woman business traveler. I had booked the cheapest room since I was going on work but it was quite a large room and super comfortable. I think they recently renovated as well so all the fittings are super high-tech. All in all I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Jakarta.

1  Thank Globetrotter2383
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First time visit on June 2013 on Executive Grand Deluxe Room and i can only say one word : Perfect. Start from the front, a very warm welcome from receptionist. Next, the view of Bundaran HI is simply cool, with bathtub that also facing the same way. A very well maintained Shower and Bathroom that have everything you need (also the LCD TV on the bathroom is nice).
Breakfast was nice, especially the "Bubur Ayam" is so delicious that you can't find it anywhere!
Last but not least, you can also go to Grand Indonesia simply by walking as it is connected each other. Definitely would stay here again on the next weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your perfect experience with us. We are glad that you had the chance to sample our famed “Bubur Ayam HI” and take advantage of our direct access to Grand Indonesia Shopping mall. We would be very happy to welcome you back on your next weekend getaway.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Sep 2-5, 2013. This is my second visit. I like this hotel as it is next to one of the largest mall in Indonesia (Grand Indonesia). Room is spacious, clean with nice decor. Surprisingly, i was greeted by the name from the second day of my visit. The Italian restaurant (D'Oro) is fairly good but pretty expensive. Some improvements: 1. The cordless phone on the working desk is not working. As such, I have to rely on the phone next to the bed. Also, I would prefer a speaker phone on the working desk as this will better serve the business travelers. 2. I put my dirty laundry in a laundry bag (I did not ask for laundry nor did I fill up the laundry form) and when I returned to my room in the evening, the staff did the laundry for me and I was charges USD 45 for a few pieces of clothes. I told the receptionist (there is no One Service line, which is another set back. Often the phone call went unanswered) and the office manager called me back an hour later and told me that they will remove the charges. Nice, but this is the first time I encounter a hotel with "auto laundry" policy. 3. The room service that I had on the first night was Excellent. However, it was a disappointment on the last night. I ordered a medium steak and it was well done when it was delivered. I called room dining to replace the steak, the staff came up 10 minutes later to collect the well done steak. When I asked him why did not he come and collect when he deliver the replacement, he told me that the chef needed a proof. Ok.. eventually the steak came with a free fruit platter. Nice gesture, but the steak was still well done!!. 4. I do not like to stay at the executive lounge for evening cocktail. I asked the staff if I could take a glass of wine to my room instead. But they do have policy that the drink/food can only be consumed at the lounge. Yes, agree... just wish they can be more flexible when I genuinely do not like to sit at the lounge alone. That's the reason I hardly use the lounge.

During my check out, the staff asked me about my experience with the hotel. I told her about the room service. She contacted the F&B manager but I could not meet him/her as I was in a rush. I spoke to the manager in the afternoon and she was very apologetic. I thought that was a nice follow up from Kempinski. The next day, i receive an email with a revised bill that cancel off the charge for my steak. Nice surprise, thank you to Mochtar Azhari, the front office manager.
Overall, it is still a very nice hotel with excellent staff.

Room Tip: Hotel is L shape. Ask for nearer to the main lift to avoid a long walk along the corridor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Reviews like yours help us to strive to continuously improving our quality and service. We have shared your feedback with our team and it is a great motivation to all employees to learn that their efforts are recognized.

Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings in delivering the food at the quality that you ordered as well regarding the laundry service, the issues have been addressed to the concerned departments and training has be initiated to handle and improve in the future.

We do hope that you return to Jakarta soon and will stay with us to have a true Kempinski experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Have lived in and traveled to Jakarta for 15 years so have stated/frequented most of the hotels. The Kempinski I had eaten at, attended functions etc but never stayed. That will now change. Clearly one of the better Jakarta hotels. Great location. Fantastic rooms. Spacious. Cool refreshing design. Great views. Great restaurant and good. Above all warm switched on staff. Only slight negative us pool is nothing special. It's fine but not big. No garden but it is downtown. Good gym and spa. Depending exactly where you need to be in Jakarta this hotel should be first choice.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your patronage at our restaurants even before you stayed in the hotel. We are glad that you appreciate our ideal location, spacious and beautifully designed room, delicious food, as well as our sharp and friendly staff. It would be our privilege to welcome you back here next time.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I have spent four days in this hotel and I have found it flawless. Everything is new and very well kept. Moreover the staff is very friendly, always smiling and greeting you. On the top floor there is a Spa (unfortunately I couldn't try it), a very well equipped panoramic gym, sauna and steam bath and a nice pool. The breakfast is great, with a huge choice of many different kind of food.
The hotel is connected to a very big mall, with lots of shops and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your comment. It’s nice of you to point out our scenic 17th floor where you could unwind after a long day in the city or a morning of pre-business working out. We are particularly proud of our breakfast; there is no better way to start your day here in Jakarta. It was great to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.