“Bravo”

Hotel Indonesia Kempinski
Ranked #27 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay Long enough to Judge on the Service but the staff at the Dinner was very nice, friendly, well info eventhough she's alone Handle alot of guest in front. ( I am forgot she name indry or Indy ) Coz on that nite they restaurant Signatures already booked for 300person or more & I came to Signatures without make reservation before but Indry suggest me to waiting in the Lobby. I saw from lobby she still take good care all the customer in front of her by her self. Sometimes she checked my condition in Lobby coz last nite I am with my Baby. In the middle off my dinner I asked to her about nursery room but in that Hotel not available for Nursery Room. Whe my baby crying loud Indry offering me to used Kids Playground and she turn off all lights inside Playground and she closed the door n put the banner in front of the Kids playground. I am very Thankfull to Her for helping me last nite.

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

hotel is very luxurious. i heard that this is an old hotel that has just finish total renovation. no wonder some rooms, walls, building structure look really weird and not in the right place.
service need to be improved. many front office and concierge staff didn't have that welcoming attitude, no smile, no offer for help.
breakfast selection is good enough. But this hotel is located directly above a mall, so you can eat at the restaurants with hundreds of choices.
room rate a bit pricey, but perhaps because of its prime location.
still recommended for anyone looking for a place to stay in the middle of jakarta.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was stayed at Kempinski Jakarta with my sister , I been here more than 5 times,
normally I came with my business Partner ( Western) And always We got good service from the staff that why I choice this hotel to spend the weekend with my sister beside the location connecting with shopping mall.

But really now I can feel the different of the service you got if you come without western beside you. We was having dinner, and the staff very un-friendly at all , they gave us the menu but nobody come to take order till we had to call, we order 1 appetizer and 2 Main courses, nobody from the staff set up our table for the properly cutleries, coming one waiter bring us the bread before the B&B set up.
Was take longer to get the food and the main course coming first before our appetizer, and after we recognized we didn't have our properly cutleries.. No steak knife to cut our Ribs, no Dinner fork on the table , we only got the appetizer cutleries.

Almost 15 minutes we call the waitress said if our appetizer not ready is better cancel due we got our main course already, and she said yes, but after waiting other 10 minutes our appetizer arrived, its mean some one forget to order and after they doesn't want to lose the money due to they served our appetizer after our main course finished and we already informed to cancel due to are late , just to be polite we said to the staff to take away.

During our dinner one of the waitress start to set up our table for the next day service,( the table was for 4 pax) we still have our dinner we was sock and feel they want to kick us out quickly when we just got our food 5 minutes ago.

With all the problem with the food nobody come to say apologized.

The next day during the breakfast we arrived to the restaurant, we was waiting some one come to us give us the table.. But nobody care 4 staff around watch us but nobody said nothing even greeting us.. Till we are going to one table and call the staff, the staff just put his finger said OK .. They set up the table but don't asked what drink we would like to have as normal breakfast you been they will asked if we want coffee or tea for our breakfast and again we had to call to asking for..
I was discussing with my sister what she feel and she said the service so BAD and they are discriminate us due to we are Indonesia..! When we finish our breakfast we passing few staff on the place again nobody greet you the only one person greet you the person standing on the entrance of the restaurant .. At least we had our lucky some one great us in the morning but on the nite nobody great us till we left the restaurant.

But all the security and staff who standing at lobby door they are good and polite.

Well nest better you speak english and don't show your KTP to don't get the service I got there...
To comeback again there I have to thinking thousand time,..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CarlosBali
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was one of my favorites! The rooms were very contemporary and high tech (as most folks said, the bathroom was so cool!), the service was excellent, the location was great, and their breakfast was really nice too. I highly recommend Hotel Indonesia Kempinski.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was stayed here for business purposes. We launched our new products here.
The Ballroom were extraordinary beautiful (but quite far separated from the hotel).
The room was so well maintained, and also they equipped the room with a super high technology bathroom.
The breakfast menu was delightful also.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tnt_bt
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everytime i go to jakarta, i always look for this hotel. There are so much to love about this hotel. Love the location, love the room, love the breakfast. Also admire the personal approach of the management to their guests needs. Looking forward to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Indonesia Kempinski three times to date, and can't have been more pleased. The hotel is very well maintained, check in is a fairly seamless process. Staff are attentive, bell boys are very helpful.

The lifts and walk to the rooms are also pleasant, but the only thing to note is that the rooms on the extreme right and left of the lifts have a very narrow corridor. It almost feels like you're in a forbidden or forgotten part of the hotel.

Once you enter the rooms, you feel immediately at home. Rooms are spacious, beds are nice and comfy and the bathrooms are my favourite part! They are big, spacious, very well organised and they have these amazing Japanese toilet seats that are sensor-operated, self warming, with plenty of fancy controls. Wifi is provided free to all guests everywhere in the hotel, which is fantastic.

There's a nice lounge in the lobby with comfortable couches for meetings or if you just have some time to kill till your flight. The lobby has a direct connection to Grand Indonesia Mall, which is very convenient if you want to do some shopping or pick up something you forgot to bring. There are also quite a few dining options there, the nicest being Social House (must make a reservation in advance!) and Sky Bar.

This hotel is located right in the city centre which is perfect if most of your work is in the area. If it isn't, beware. Traffic around the area gets really bad during peak hours and when it rains, you can get stuck at the roundabout for a good hour!

All in all, I like this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Jakarta and staying in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Basic category rooms don't come in a twin layout, so know that you have to pay US$30 extra for t...