“Very Indonesian ambience”
Review of Lara Djonggrang

Lara Djonggrang
Ranked #134 of 8,502 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you like somewhere different and very Indonesian, this is a good place to visit. Nice food and ambience. Good srevice. Suitable seatings for a couple or a larger group. Unless you use the valet service, the valet guys ourside are very unfriendly. Made our drivers go round the block when they could have just reversed a few yards to get to the side road for parking - they themselves do.

1  Thank Regulartripster2805

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to this plance once and dont want to go back.. Sorry.
I just dont like the interior design, for me its creepy.. But I think for some people they found this restaurant is very authentic.
The food is so-so, but i must say that I dont like the food, but once again, I think for some people, maybe western/european, they will like the concept and also the food.
They serve in unigue plate, I must say thet this is genius, different from other restaurant.
They also have valet parking to help customer, due to limited parking space.

1  Thank AgungI
Reviewed January 5, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Jakarta, because the ambiance and Indonesian food are in perfect harmony. It is a sort of a museum and a temple where authentic Indonesian dishes are served. Waiters are attentive and service-oriented. Prices are reasonable.

Ensure making a reservation. Your name on a beautiful leave will be prepared to show your table. Take your camera with you, because there so many things you would want to capture for the memories.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Well worth a visit. Can't judge the authenticity of the food -- many local reviewers seem to find fault with it -- but I don't think it is meant to be compared either with traditional Javanese nor grandma's cooking. The name means "Queen of the Sea" and the many rooms of the restaurant (it is worth exploring them all before deciding where to sit) are decorated with both Javanese and Balinese artworks (so many works of art, actually, that when the kitchen is closed it could easily have a second life as an art museum). Possibly the food, like the decor, is a fusion that somehow offends purists. It certainly didn't offend my Western palate. Quite the contrary, everything we ordered was excellent -- it looked good and tasted even better. Can't speak for the wine list as I never saw it, but I can say that the wine our host ordered was absolutely top notch.

I was taken there for a business dinner. We had a private room. But it is definitely the sort of place I'd visit if I was on a romantic holiday or with a group of friends.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Good food and great atmosphere. Very unique Indonesia experience for visitors that can't really be found elsewhere in Jakarta.