“Okay food, good service and ambience”
Review of Avorio Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Avorio Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Okay food, good service and ambience”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We're here for valentine's dinner, so we opted for the valentine set menu. Love their bread! Appetizer was fruit salad and avocado shrimp bruschetta; quite nice. Main course was prime short rib for me: meat was a bit hard to chew, sauce was nice. My husband got baramundi fish with white wine sauce, which was descent. Dessert was not so impressive. Housewine is not so great. We liked the service and the atmosphere, they're having live band playing.

1 Thank Yofi_L

“Quality dining”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The atmosphere is great, the ambiance is perfect for couples. Me and my hubbie once had valentine dinner here, the food was great and the price is not as pricey as the other restaurant.

It's one of our favourite restaurant. We go here ever now and then. When we arrive at avorio, normally we already know what we want to order :D

For starter, the usually gave us a small bucket of different types of bread. We can ask for olive oil and vinegratte dip or butter as the spread.

Appetizer; tuna mayo carpaccio is nice, it's semi-raw beef, but don't feel like raw food, the mayo with tuna dressing is creamy and so yummy. With small serve of salad and some kind of cracker in the center.
Ravioli beetroot with crispy bacon is verryyyy good, it's our compulsary dish! This dish just never fail our appetite =)
Linguini vongole is also nice, with generous serve of clams. Angel hair with prawn is very flavorful. It's texture is like hongkong style noodle ;p

For dessert, choco melt cake or i guess they called it 'volcano' is the best i ever taste so far. It takes about 10-15 minutes. But it's worth the wait! Served with ice cream, so it's a combination of hot n cold in your mouth which suprisingly, work well together.

However, this restaurant is not child's friendly. There is NO, i repeat NO baby chair. I can't believe it when i first asked for a baby chair. The only One restaurant i cant find any baby chair. Ckckckck...
And there is no real separator between non-smoking and smoking area. Although i never smell the smoke from where we normally sit. At the corner end of the room, Far away from the smoking area.

There is one more thing you have to know about avorio. There is promo, using panin credit card (if i'm not mistaken), 50% off food only from monday-friday(or thursday). You have to check again with the resto to confirm this, since i dont know when the promo ends.

You probably have to avoid having lunch here, coz once, my mother in law when there for lunch, she was dissapointed, the food quality was different from the dinner time we usually have.

• Visited November 2012
“Decent Italian Fare”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Nice atmosphere - separated the smoking and non smoking areas, Typical in jakarta. Anyway, the restaurant was clean and quiet when we were there, however there were a 40-people private party so they blocked half of the restaurant with curtain. Pretty neat and comfortable atmosphere in general.

Pollo and funghi pizza - it was tasty. Pizza were cheesy enough but not overflowing, and right amount of chicken and mushroom completes the perfection. Portion were generous, I'd say it'll feed two people if buying appetizers.

Australian rib eye - meat was tender. I'd wish they don't put the cheese on top and please, less butter! The meat was seasoned right with black pepper, but they were too buttery. The addition of few slices of tomatoes, eggplants, potatoes, etc were nice.

Frutti di mare - I wasn't a fan of frutti di mare except that my friend wanted that, but again, generous portion that I believe the meal is meant to be family style. Pasta were cooked great, not too hard and not too soft. Generous amount of clam. I'd think a luxury restaurant would usually gives smaller portions.

Beverages
What amazes me is the Italian Hot Dark Chocolate. It does look like a mousse, very dense that you don't really drink it. especially a somewhat large teaspoon was provided for a reason. More like dessert than drink, but we ordered the english breakfast tea to balance the "hot chocolate" beverage.

Price
The pizza were around 60-100k and the pollo+funghi pizza we ordered was Rp 70.000 and the portion is generous. For the same price at the chain restaurant you'll get about the same size, so why not try Italian pizza? The australian rib eye was Rp 135.000 and the frutti di mare costs Rp 100.000. can't say it's cheap but at the same time given the portion price may be reasonable. I think 3 meals should feed 3-4 people, and it was promo of 50% off while I was there.

I think it's decent place to eat italian.

• Visited March 2012
“pizza and salad”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

i visited Avorio this week for lunch with friends, for 8 persons we order pepperoni pizza, santa Fe, 2 caesar salad, 2 calamari, and personal dish and drink for each of us. the waiter so helpful when we hard to decide what to order, they explain the menu to us, show what's recommended and they preferable menus. pepperoni pizza is of course has a pepperoni on it and huge amount of cheese, the pizza bread is thin and soft. love it!
santa fe pizza has jalapenos on it, the bread was even thinner than the pepz, taste great as well.
fried calamari comes in a long plate with mayonnaise and tomato salsa, the tomato salsa is fresh but so little, we want more ^^
Caesar salad, so so, with too many lettuce, and little dressing, they can add more taste on it.
i order sea bass steam with tomato sauce, the portion was huge! there's 4 piece of sea bass side by side with crunchy small fries on it, but since it has no carbs, i can easily finish it into the last piece of fries. my friend order ravioli which i pity him because the ravioli is totally pale, just round pale shape, even the green parsley sprinkles cannot help it, i eagerly taste it, but very sorry i cannot give positive comment on it, just plain.

• Visited April 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Love the food! Quite a surprise.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I didn't expect much, this being one of the many restaurants in a mall, and having already had many mediacore so called Italian food joints.

The menu was interesting. I ordered a beetroot ravioli with crisp Parma Ham. And it turned out to be fabulous - both in taste and presentation! The tomato based pasta my wife had, was made from fresh tomatoes (I think), and had a nice fresh taste bursting with flavor.

Will definitely be back!