“Best Sandwich and Coffee in Town !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cali Deli

Cali Deli
Ranked #236 of 7,673 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sandwich and Coffee in Town !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just found Cali Deli on my travels around Jakarta, I really enjoyed the sandwich and the great tasting Vietnamese Coffee. The atmosphere was relaxed and the service was very good. I would recommend to all who travelling in this part of the world. Disappointing to see some people use this website to make spiteful remarks to get back at the hard working restaurants over some minor shortful. A######.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peter L

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Too pricey for cheap vietnamese sandwiches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

would love to give good review, but the price doesn't really match the sandwiches. The taste was OK, the french baguette you can get yourself at ranch market. The salad smells like vietnamese toilet bowl. Basically, you can get yourself a nice baguette & make a nicer sandwich than this, i won't be coming back to spend my money here.

• Visited May 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Not bad Vietnamese sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The Vietnamese taste provides an alternative and a different twist from the usual sandwich taste. It's worth a try.

1 Thank dregar
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good sandwich, fresh and tasty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

I love vietnamese sandwiches and this one is not as good from the one i could taste made by real vietnamese people but this is a nice option when you wanna grab somethin quick and easy.

The price is reasonnable, you cant expect any service is just a take away spot.

1 Thank casastyles
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Very embarrasing situation , bad service, bad food and expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I leave in Jakarta since 3 years. In the weekend I ride my motorbike together with my wife and I try to blend in the local atmosphere, try new places and food, talk to people, and just relax.
This Saturday I was on Jalan Surabaya and I stopped for lunch in the Vietnamese Deli Café.

Place looks great outside in the front garden, average inside.
We ordered food, tasty enough, portions a bit small for the price, all ok until we asked for the bill. Politely I asked the waiter if we could use the card to pay the bill. He accepted but returned after a while politely telling me that my card doesn't work. I have used that card all over Jakarta so I ask him again politely to try one more time; he did and sent other waiter to tell me that it did not work. I finally accepted and paid cash. So I stand up to leave when the waiter retuned with another bill with 2 card receipts for me to sign. Surprised I asked what that was and they told me that it was the bill for my drinks which they succeeded to use my card for. Normally I asked them why they did not made only one bill and why they told me that my card doesn't work. They explained that I ordered food and drink items from 2 different menu books and which belong to two different restaurants and they had to make two bills. Very strange to have two bills, one for the soft drinks /card works and one for the food/card doesn't work. Very embarrassing situation and all this time there was a guy, well dressed , probably the café manager who was discretely (not for me) was putting pressure on the waiters but did not bother to come and explain the situation himself.
VERY BAD SERVICE. And the food a bit suspicious. Both of us had stomach burns afterwards. I don’t know if the food was bad or just the stress they created.

Sorry for this bad review, first time I do such thing but the place definitely doesn't deserve good references. I would rather stop and eat on the street (which is not bad most of the time) than to return to this place which is not in line with the great service you get all over Indonesia.

• Visited March 2012