“Got good and bad experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Loewy

Loewy
Ranked #45 of 7,673 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Asian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Setiabudi
Description: The idea to establish Loewy was a spontaneous one: that there is a need in Jakarta for a casual bistro – an everyday place with an interesting but accessible menu, a well-designed but informal décor, and adding to the mix: a buzzing, energetic bar serving the best, stiffest drinks in town.The inspiration came from traditional Parisian bistros by way of New York City. The style of the interior is retro/classic with a modern interpretation. The original Thonet chairs, the leather banquet seats, the subway beveled tiles, the tin and copper ceiling panels, the white brick walls; evoking this “Paris bistro meets New York loft in the 1940’s feel. It is then combined with a modern layout and concept, creating an overall ambience that is uncluttered, clean, understated, and timeless.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Got good and bad experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I always liked this place, I like the foods and they have delicious cocktails.
I have a good and bad experience for services :
Good Experiences : Waiter and Bartender always nice, they has good services, and good music, well done!
Bad Experience : When they have DJ event " Jamie XX " this lady at the entrance told me that I can't get in because the scene was too full, but then two guy (foreigners) came and this lady let them in, they even don't have invitation. I thought "why she did that, because I'm local?" that was really obvious. I still asked this lady why she did that and this usher guy start to pushed me , that was really rude and uncomfortable, but they let me in anyway because I did not enter the event free, I paid for the tickets. I dont even got this treat when I went to restaurants/events in another country.
This is really annoying experience for me so I will give this place "Average".
I hope the management read this and fix it.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Noviela

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Nice lunch in an international environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch meeting here. We had a table half outside. We ordered oriental and local dishes. I had nasi campur, a delicious Indonesian specialty. My friend had Hainan chicken, also excellently prepared. The staff is friendly and well trained. The whole place breathes a French atmosphere. Absolutely recommendable if you stay in the Mega Kuningan area

Warsaw, Poland
“nice ambiance, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very nice place, sort of chick, modern and pleasant. They have a variety of Asian and Italian food, very nice atmosphere (handsome crowd of local young professionals). You can have a late night quick bite, as well as enjoy a mid-day coffee and read a newspaper in the sun.

Visited January 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Getaway from it all in Jakarta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

It is no joke that living in one of the crowdest and busiest city in the world, not to mention top ranked traffic jam, is a dynamite ready to explode inside our head. Finding a place to relax inside the city is not easy. But Loewy offers exactly what is needed for us to escape from it all. The cozy casual style is just what's needed in the center of the city. However, it transforms easily into one of the best nightly social gathering spot in the city.

Great atmosphere, excellent dishes, good selections of drinks. Three Cheese Fondue is everyone's favourite appetizer. Excellent breakfast offerings to choose from. Chocolate Souffle is definitely a great dessert to end the occasion. And surprisingly the best dish is Ayam Betutu with Sambal Matah, one of the best Balinese dishes available outside Bali, warning: the sambal matah (chilli sauce) is really hot which is excellent for chilli fans.

• Visited January 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Perfect place to hang out and spend your TGIF moment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Never having a meal in here cause i think this place is more suitable for hanging out, having couple shots of tequila, and meeting new friend or having reunion with the old one. They have DJ performance every Wednesday and Friday, that's I love come in here by Friday.
The atmosphere is so lovely, nice music, friendly and helpful staffs, and great drinks. I recommend cosmopolitan, the shots, and the draft beer. They make nice potato wedges too!
Next time, i have a plan to have a nice brunch in here, sounds lovely, since the place won't remind me that i am in Jakarta. Old New York i've to say.

• Visited December 2013