“The poorer cousin of Starbucks”

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Ranked #55 of 138 Coffee & Tea in Jakarta
Darwin, Australia
“The poorer cousin of Starbucks”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf leads a little to be desired, we went in for a couple of latte's and they were delivered quickly, in tall 'beer' glasses. It was a little different, but the taste was acceptable if a little sweet.

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The Taste Changed”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was love The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, especially their cappuccino & blueberry cheese cake

but, when I came here again years later, I can't find that cheese cake and their cappuccino is toooooo sweeeeet.. (The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Plaza Senayan)

I thought I was wrong, then I came here again (The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Pondok Indah) weeks later, for same coffee & cake.
They said, they don't have that cheese cake and (again) the cappuccino is too sweet..

The only good point, that the barista always call the customer by their name (when the food & beverage is ready), not by the name of food & beverage choosen

• Visited February 2012
Denpasar, Indonesia
“coffee for hang out”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

wanna hang out but no place to go? can visit this place ... not because the coffee it self but the place

Bandung, Indonesia
“Too much milk for latte”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will go for this place as the last option. I have been two times unsatisfied experience for a cup of latte.
Compared with Starbuck, they never asked me to choose which cup size I choose. Second, they sometime gave so much milk for latte and only once a while I drink a good mix of latte at Coffe Bean

Visited July 2012
Saigon
“Nice Place to meet and Catch Up”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to the one at the Gandaria City Jakarta Selatan, to meet a few friends and catch up. It was not far from the entrance of the mall and so easy to find. We sat down for breakfast 10am to 12noon, and had a great time talking and laughing on the couch that was just like anyone's living room.

Visited July 2012