“Good seafood...a bit pricey”

Saung Grenvil Restaurant
Ranked #664 of 8,065 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Always good to visit when we are in singapore. They have many branches/outlets so go the nearest one to your hotel.

Its very popular with the locals.

The food quality is very good and seafood is fresh from their aquariums which can be found next to the restuarants.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We patron probably it's branch across Ibis hotel (couple of blocks behind Sarinah). Ordered crab in Padang sauce, garoua cooked with mango, two veggies and cockles. All together slightly over Rph400000 (inclusive of 10% tax). A bit pricey in my opinion but the taste was good, especially the crab.

If I can recommend the food here, crab in Padang style sauce is a must order.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Came here for dinner with my family. The restaurant was quite busy, but not so full. There were some waiters/waitresses walking around. We sat there for almost 10 minutes but no one gave us the menu, so my dad decided to walk to the cashier and asked for a menu. We waited for a bit and no one coming around to take our order so I must shout at a waitress and she took our order. The drinks should come first, but we waited for almost 20 minutes for the drinks. Then finally the food arrived. The food quality and taste were nice, we ordered grilled fish, salty egg prawns, grilled squids, sayur asem. However I was very disappointed with the VERY BAD service. Management please train your staffs

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My loved ones loves seafood, especially crab. She asked me to go to this restaurant, and I do enjoy this hot chili (saos padang style) crab. I ordered the small ones (approximately 7-8 ons) crab, and I do enjoy this crab, so tasty, crunchy, and yummy. I tried the other menus but nothing special. The crab is their specialities and you have to try yourself. It's excellent. Daniel MD - Jakarta.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Even though this is one of the most famous Indonesian seafood restaurant in Jakarta, this is not the best at all. The food was just okay. The price is not worth the money. Better go somewhere else for much better seafood, crabs, and better pricing.

1  Thank Ponkster828