“Good ambience, wide selection of wines, and reasonable price”
Review of Koi Mahakam

Koi Mahakam
Ranked #172 of 8,195 Restaurants in Jakarta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

A restaurant & bar located in south Jakarta. Simple design and nothig fancy. The place is separated into smoking and non-smoking area. Wide variety of international and Indonesian food with reasonable price range. Good selections of wines as well. If you don't want to buy the wine here, bring your own wine and you will be charged at a reasonable corkage of Rp100k.

2  Thank Fera F

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Place is quite cozy, the food is good, I love the ginger juice very refreshing, the price is well..... not really something for the average income to come and dine every week, but it's well worth it.

1  Thank Hava A
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a high end bistro. Nothing very special for those just coming from the West. But it is like an oasis for locals and expats alike who crave for Western atmosphere and food.
It's the " Bistrot Lipp " from Jakarta. A meeting place for the local elite and for expats.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I visited Koi Mahakam because I read that it has some of the most genuine European food in Jakarta. As a European (and someone who has lived in Belgium for quite a while; I think the cook is Belgian) I can say the food was ok but not great.
I was a bit annoyed by the fact that my salad arrived when the rest of my family was already eating their main course, which left me eating my main course alone later. European cuisine has a certain order to it which I think a restaurant like this should observe.
The decor of the place is very nice, especially the tables/couches on the side but you usually need to reserve these in advance.

1  Thank Jakartaste
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Well that's what I've tried: Tenderloin Steak. The meat is very tender and juicy, it's just right, just the way you would expect from a expensive restaurant like this. For dessert you can try Creme Brulee. If I have extra money I will definitely come again.