“Good airport hotel”

Ranked #43 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Chicago
“Good airport hotel”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport, so if you want something close, this is it. Room was small but furnishings were fine. We ate dinner in the restaurant and we thought the food was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peg L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Saratoga Springs
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had a 16 hour layover in Jakarta and wanted a quite, clean hotel close to the airport where I could have a nice shower and a lie down in a comfortable bed. The FM7 definitely met my needs. If you contact them ahead of time, they provide free pick up from the airport. As planned, there was a guy standing outside the airport with my name on a board and a few minutes later I was in an air-conditioned car for the short 10 minute drive to the hotel.

The room was very clean and spacious with a queen bed, a decent sized flat screen TV and a nice sized bathroom and shower. After getting some rest, I went to the restaurant for something to eat. The food was very good and also inexpensive. I payed 45,000 rupiah (roughly $3.69 US) for chicken fried rice that was delicious.

When it was time to catch my next flight, the hotel provided a free shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank gl0baltraveler
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We chose this hotel for its apparent proximity to the airport as we couldn’t connect straight through from Kuala Lumpur to Pangkalan Bun on the same day. The free transfer that we had preorganised didn’t turn up. We rang the hotel and they at first couldn’t find the reservation and we were on hold for some time until they confirmed that we did have a reservation. They then sent the shuttle to pick us...we had to wait about half an hour. Although not far from the airport the traffic was horrendous. Allow plenty of time .

The hotel was pleasant although not quite what I’d call a resort. The pool is inside adjacent to the gym area (no partitions etc) , so be prepared for sweaty bodies. Given it's so hot one would have thought an outdoor pool was more appropriate...but then perhaps for the overnighters an indoor pool more practical. Although there was no one in it when we walked past to get to the bar.No alcohol is served in the restaurant. Although there there is a sports bar in the Leisure/spa area where you can get a drink. It’s under separate management so you can’t put it on your room bill. It’s very dark in the bar, dominated by a massive screen showing sports. We didn’t like it much it lacked ambience.

But overall the hotel is clean and contemporary with really modern and minimalistic rooms. Very dark slate floor tiles tiles and dark walls, so it does seem a bit gloomy. Perhaps brighter lighting would have helped. The hallways are painted concrete in an array of muted colours so it’s a bit austere...reminded us of an Ibis.

Nothing wrong with the hotel but it wasn't anything special.

They provided a regular shuttle bus to the airport. Again traffic horrendous so allow time. We did have to laugh at the things transported on bicycles. One man was carrying two full sized doors. You have to admire the Indonesians for their ingenuity. How he managed to cycle was a mystery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judith N
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We have been here for 1 night, basically because everything was fully booked and this one had one room for 1 mill. Rp.

The room was very very clean and the porters that help you with the bags are very polite and friendly.
The room service is efficient and the breakfast is one of the Best parts.

But, the reason Why I'm not that disappointed to pay that amount is the Spa.
There are 3 pools with cold water, warm... and the regular one. they provide everything you need in there and there's a bar and a fitness center at the same area.

For 1 transit night is highly recommended.

The internet wasn't workig in our room (and I told them from the beggining I need it), and they made us a discount so we payed 850.000 at last.

Good guest service!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bagpackersss
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Last holiday , me and my family stop over in jakarta from my trip to bali.
We spend 1 night at fm7 hotel because we must returning back to singapore early morning.
The hotel is very close to the airport.
Shuttle bus was very reliable and free.
The staff,room,food,facilities were excellent. The spa was a great place to relax which was very inexpensive and gorgeous.

• Stayed January 2014
Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to the airport, and has free shuttle service both ways. Other posts have mentioned that pick up requests seemed to have fallen through the cracks. I would suggest calling the hotel days prior to arrival (rather than/in addition to e-mailing them). When i arrived the guest services guy was there in his canary yellow tunic with a sign with my name on it. Rooms are fine, and there is a small convenience store right in the lobby where you can buy almost anything including cold beers. Also, the hotel is really geared towards travelers on odd schedules...their complimentary breakfast service starts AT 4 AM!! I highly recommend this place if all you need is an overnight near the airport!

Room Tip: rooms away from the stairwells are much quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank csundseth
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

On my first business trip, I and my co-worker need to meet our company's partner in Singapore. In order to avoid Jakarta Heavy traffic and need to do some preparation of meeting presentation, we need to stay a night in a hotel near airport. Honestly, I did not ever hear about FM7 Resort hotel before. But my HRD already set up to stay one night in this Hotel. Well, honestly when I still on my way to this hotel I really not interested. I think what the hotel it is? I never heard that name before.

I really amazed with this hotel decoration (wooden horse, lampion and pink flower on lobby) and also a friendly customer service. One thing that make me feels comfort is the size of the room. I love travelling and spend nights at hotel. An usually rooms not too small but not to big. Their room was spacious, clean and neat.

They also have a business centre so I can print and scan my presentation stuff in there. Oh I almost forgot, accidentally my other friends need to come and join this journey but didn't buy any tickets yet. My Hrd tells me to ask the business center customer service to help us to search available flight.

Last but not least, they also offer free shuttle to airport. Therefore we did not need to pay taxi right? :p
Nice place maybe I will come back later for better review. :D

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank monicastevany
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport
Hotel Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada
Jakarta Airport Hotel
Jakarta Airport Hotel
#20 of 51 in Tangerang

Been to FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!