“Excellent steaks” 4 of 5 stars

EatWell Bali
Ranked #1,073 of 4,983 Restaurants in Bali
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jakarta
“Excellent steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good wagyu steak and burger at very reasonable price. Place was small so it gets crowded during peak hours.

• Visited June 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Russia
“Great steaks for great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cool place for both lunch and dinner. It's for sure cost more then many other places in Kuta, but it deserve

Better to book in advance, as place is small and quite busy

We tried ribeye and recommend it to everyone. Restaurant has open kitchen

Denpasar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Questionmark here n there...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My friends recommended this place, so I decided to go there for dinner on one eve... It's a small warung-like eatery on the side of the road of jl. Raya Seminyak, I went there cuz my friends said that I had to try the steak and such. Once we received the menu I asked the waiter for the pork belly if it had fat, he said that I could have a look from the display, and so he showed me we what they've had... The pork bellies that were left had quite some fat, so I decided to take the chicken steak instead, cuz it looked tempting covered in all that delecious looking seasoning. The pork chop looked really nice too, however it was huge! My partener took the tenderloin steak and we both had mashed potato served on the side with it. My chicken steak was cooked perfectly and so was the steak, the mashed potato was lacking some flavour and it looked too mooshy.. As for the cream spinach, it was not creamy at all, in fact it was really bitter in taste and it had loads of uncooked pieces of garlic in it. I love garlic, but the combination of taste in that particular cream spinach was really weird, we both couldn't eat it. As for drinks, they were nice. I've had starwberry milkshake and my partener had lychee ice tea. It had 2 pieces of lychee in it, lychee was by my guessing canned of course, but that didn't bother me since it's really hard to find fresh lychee in Indonesia (as I've only seen once a woman selling fresh lychee at the market in Denpasar in pasar Badung since the 7 years that I've been living here..). Would I go back again? I don't know... Maybe for the breakfast menu and the burger and the pork chop, but then served with fries.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dewi C
Khao Lak, Thailand
“Sickening good:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

After reading the review before mine. I was like "hello" stop acting such primadonnas. I really could not imagine losing appetite for not being asked to recook the food. Hey you have your mouth why don't you request to cook it again for you?

Well nevertheless i just wanted to sharemy great experience in this restaurant.
Location: very good just on the road and easy to find.
Food: amazing especially the crispy pork belly, its really crispy and juicy in the inside. Im on a diet but ohh god i cant stop eating eat. And you must pair it with potato gratin. If there is something that needed to be improve maybe the sauce for it. Also try the lamb chops very juicy.
Value: amazing the price are cheap but yet big servings. :)
Service: well its a bit slow but who can blame 2 chefs and 2 waiters. But never the less we did not feel un noticed. As long as you ask. And they will attend to you. Dont expect to be treated like a princess here.
Atmosphere: need a lot of work, but it really dont matter much coz the food is what we came for. :)
Overall: please dont hesitate to visit this restaurant when you viait bali, it's really worth trying. Thanks for my friends ignatius for introducing this place. If im visiting bali soon again, i will never miss this place.

Frankfurt, Germany
“good first impression and then it all disappear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

i decided to try this restaurant for dinner with my boyfriend since the restaurant placed on the main road and looks great from outside, there are always at least 3 tables occupied. when we came in, 2 women that i think are the owner and the chef staring at us while chatting (btw we are domestic). the waitress was kind, but definitely not mastering the menus. i asked for their specialities and they cannot clearly explain. i heard that people beside us asked about what inside the sandwich and she repeatedly ask her friend what was it. and the most surprising was, there were bunch of foreigners asking for tobasco sauce and they don't know what tobasco sauce is. this surprised me because i thought tobasco is quite famous for such restaurant that serve western food.

we finally ordered crispy pork belly, medium well special steak and medium sirloin steak all come with salad. mine served with mashed potato and my boyfriend's with potato gratin. the presentations were tempting! and the price is not expensive. we did enjoy the food even though for us the pork belly was too dry and lack of flavor, but still enjoyable. our steaks look amazingly good and the potato and salad were nice. i enjoyed mine and my boyfriend was really enjoyed his, until suddenly, he found almost half of his sirloin was rare! he complained to the waitress and the waitress just said : ohhhh.... sorry.
my boyfriend just stare at her and cannot believe she just said only sorry. 5 minutes later she came back and finally asked him if he wanted them to put the steak back to the oven for couple minutes and my boyfriend just so pissed off ad lose his appetite.
we ended up sharing my steak.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rosaline L

Been to EatWell Bali? Share your experiences!