“All they want is your money.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turtle Conservation and Education Center

Turtle Conservation and Education Center
Ranked #243 of 709 things to do in Bali
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“All they want is your money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were pressured into giving a donation, it wasn't a nice experience. Without going into too much detail, I recommend you don't get sucked into visiting this hole.

8 Thank Cv8gto

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Go Turtles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Real caring animal welfare conservationists. Wish there were more people like them. They are unselfish people who care for the turtles, helping them get to the water after they are born and giving them a better chance of survival.

1 Thank ItsSharpe
Darwin, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tourist Rip Off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you would like a photo taken with a turtle then this is the place for you!!

When you arrive by boat from Nusa Dua you are greeted by one of the staff who take you around to the turtles and tell you how old they are and what kind of turtle they are while you are trying to take a photo but this is as far as the education goes.

The very large turtles are kept for 3 months in horrible dirty water, released back into the wild and more are caught for another 3 months.

I asked the guide after we had fininshed if this was just for tourist photos and he said YES!

The staff really persist for a donation which they recon is for turtle food, but I doubt this very much.

There was another lady going around mentioning to give a tip to your guide, maybe for a drink! Yeah sure, geez haven't heard that one before lol.

Ok so there is a fee for the transport and boat then food for the turtles and then the guide wants money too!

Oh and I forgot to mention about the so called glass bottom boat you go there in, what a joke. The driver throws some bread over the side which attracts the fish to the side of the boat but not much can be seen at all through the glass bottom on the boat.

Like I said above, if you want a photo with a turtle then go but I would never bother again. I would rather buy the Orphange gifts that I visit every year in Gianyer!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank figjam11
Perth, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A great day that helps a great cause!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I had planned to see turtle island but after reading the reviews I decided against it. Then I came across a post about this centre and we decided to try it.

Well it turned out to be one of the best days of our holiday - and quite unexpectedly.

It was difficult to convince the driver where it was - he kept wanting to take us to turtle island. But in the end we got there and wandered around the site. Lots of baby turtles being raised in safety.

The staff then asked if we wanted to adopt one to release some to the sea.
Sounded fun!
We gave a donation and they selected 3 little turtles for us.
Off we wandered to the water - seeing a part of Bali I had never seen before.
The boat trip was interesting and colourful and it was time for release. We watched one for a while swimming along the surface before he disappeared to his new life.
Overall it was an enjoyable and different outing for a couple of hours.

Visited August 2011