Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Authentic Tibet

Reviewed October 8, 2018
Michael B
London, United Kingdom

All reviews tibet travel local tibetan overland trip responsible tourism day tour stayed one night excellent tour tibet permit everest base camp asking questions shambala palace booked a private tour amazing experience plane tickets lunch and dinner wonderful memories yak butter tea
Reviewed October 29, 2018

After initially worrying about getting our Tibet Permit in time, we began our excellent tour in Lhasa with visits to the Jokang Monastery and the Potala Palace, our guide Pema was very knowledgeable and gave us such a good background in the Tibetan Buddhist practices. We then left Lhasa and drove through beautiful Tibetan landscapes of lakes and snowcapped Mountains. We stayed one night at Everest Base Camp which was very cold but with stunning views of sunset on the Mountain. Pema our guide was excellent as was our driver Pasang. The hotels we stayed at were good as was the food. We were well looked after.

Date of experience: October 2018
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for your great review. We are very please to have you here in Tibet.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

I have a wonderful experience with ITibet Travel agency. The company provides a well organise tour and services for their customers. We joined the "Lhasa to Everest Basecamp Group Tour" which last for 8 days. We have a wonderful experience with the ITibet agency throughout our journey. The boss (Tenzin) is very helpful and the staffs (tour guides and driver) are professional. Tenzin has provide us with a good insight on the Tibetian life and culture. We have a great dinner with a Tibetian Expert, where we are gain lot of knowledge on the Tibetian culture and belief. We really enjoy the visit to the local Tibetian house where I can see how they live, the house architecture, food and etc.

The tour is really relaxing and enjoyable, not like other where we have to leave the hotel early in the morning and come back late at night. We only need to leave the hotel at 10am in Lhasa and 8:30am when we are travelling long distance between cities. The tour guides are helpful and always concern about our health. Since we are traveling on the tight budget (according to the tour itinerary the lunch and dinner are not included in the tour package), they will look for a restaurant that is fitted to our budget during lunch and dinner time.

I would say, ITibet is an agency that really look after their customer's need and try their best to ensure that each customer will enjoy his / her time when travelling in Tibet.

A thumb up for the company!

Date of experience: September 2018
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for your nice review. It truly reflects our true intention and objective for the hosting tours in Tibet. We feel great each time when we learn our client had a great time.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Our tour with I Tibet was well organised and highly informative. The director, Tenzin, is very knowledgeable about Tibetan culture, religion and history, and his guides are full of information. It is a small Tibetan agency and they give you a great insight into the indigenous culture, including meeting families and deep insights into Buddhist iconography in the monasteries. It is not always easy to travel in Tibet because of the bureaucracy but I Tibet makes it easy. I'd go with them every time.

Date of experience: September 2018
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. i still remember our conversation about Tibet Culture and religion. PLease do keep in touch

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I've recently travelled to Tibet with this agency. Tenzin and all the staff have been both professional and very friendly, making this journey a beautiful experience. We also took part in the Kailash Kora, and they provided us oxygen and everything we could need. Definetely a good choice if you want to visit Tibet, expecially if you want to do a long tour, because being with a local agency that knows the country and cares about its clients makes a big difference.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Tibet was the first destination of our 10 months world trip and we needed to find an affordable and reliable agency. From the comments we could find on the Internet, ITibetTour was fulfilling both of this requirements.

Before our arrival to Tibet, Tenzin was very helpful, providing us with all required details of our 8 Days Tour Everest Base Camp and taking care of our Permits.

Then in Tibet, organization was perfect. We have been picked up at the train station and brought back to the airport. We have stayed in some of the bests hotels in each city (special mention to the Shambala Palace in Lhasa that we really liked - see my review on the topic). We have enjoyed our 2 days in Lhasa mixing visits in a local Village, and visits of Temples like the unmissable Potala Palace or the Jokhang Temple. We had a super guide named Dukhar who was nice with us, funny, and very interesting, always ready to share anecdotes of the Tibetan day to day life. During theses days we also had the chance to have a dinner with Tenzin and a Tibetan Expert during which conversation was passionating. The other 4 days we spent to go and come back from Everest were really worth the long days in the car, as the landscapes along the way are wonderful and of course as the final destination of Everest is magical. We keep a wonderful memory of the sunset and sunrise at EBC.

The only issue we faced (quite important) was with our second guide, the one that brought us to Everest, named Pelma. Continuously providing unclear explanations, she was yet very susceptible and took it personally when we asked questions to try to understand her, maybe believing that we were challenging her English. We then had to face her anger against us during the remaining days..I would like to believe Tenzin (with who we discussed the entire case before leaving), who thinks it is only a problem of communication, but the non professionalism and most of all the verbal & physical violence she demonstrated during a particular event the last day, deeply shocked & moved us and will take time to disappear (when we told her that she was neither patient nor tolerant with us, she went mad like crazy, shouted at us, tried to grab us outside of the bus and to leave us on the side of a road refusing to bring us back to Lhasa, knowing that it was impossible for tourists to travel without a guide in Tibet).

As a conclusion, I would say that I would definitely recommend ITibetTravel to friends willing to visit Tibet as Tenzin is really the kind of happy & inspiring person worth meeting in his life and as his 8 days tour to EBC is a very nice and authentic tour to discover Tibet, but I would for sure advise my friends to clearly specify that they don’t want to have anything to do with this guide...