“Unforgettable experience”

I Tibet Travel and Tours
Ranked #21 of 59 Outdoor Activities in Lhasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are I Tibet travel and Tours. An Authentic Tibetan travel Agency in Tibet. Our Agency is registered as the Tibet Universal Travel Co., LTD. Established in the year 1997. We are the oldest surviving Tibet travel agency. We are a group of Tibetan Tibet travel and Tours specialist. We make Tibet travel permit free
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I've recently travelled to Tibet with this agency. Tenzin and all the staff have been both professional and very friendly, making this journey a beautiful experience. We also took part in the Kailash Kora, and they provided us oxygen and everything we could need. Definetely a good choice if you want to visit Tibet, expecially if you want to do a long tour, because being with a local agency that knows the country and cares about its clients makes a big difference.

All reviews
"plane tickets"
"yak butter tea"
"lunch and dinner"

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Tibet was the first destination of our 10 months world trip and we needed to find an affordable and reliable agency. From the comments we could find on the Internet, ITibetTour was fulfilling both of this requirements.

Before our arrival to Tibet, Tenzin was very helpful, providing us with all required details of our 8 Days Tour Everest Base Camp and taking care of our Permits.

Then in Tibet, organization was perfect. We have been picked up at the train station and brought back to the airport. We have stayed in some of the bests hotels in each city (special mention to the Shambala Palace in Lhasa that we really liked - see my review on the topic). We have enjoyed our 2 days in Lhasa mixing visits in a local Village, and visits of Temples like the unmissable Potala Palace or the Jokhang Temple. We had a super guide named Dukhar who was nice with us, funny, and very interesting, always ready to share anecdotes of the Tibetan day to day life. During theses days we also had the chance to have a dinner with Tenzin and a Tibetan Expert during which conversation was passionating. The other 4 days we spent to go and come back from Everest were really worth the long days in the car, as the landscapes along the way are wonderful and of course as the final destination of Everest is magical. We keep a wonderful memory of the sunset and sunrise at EBC.

The only issue we faced (quite important) was with our second guide, the one that brought us to Everest, named Pelma. Continuously providing unclear explanations, she was yet very susceptible and took it personally when we asked questions to try to understand her, maybe believing that we were challenging her English. We then had to face her anger against us during the remaining days..I would like to believe Tenzin (with who we discussed the entire case before leaving), who thinks it is only a problem of communication, but the non professionalism and most of all the verbal & physical violence she demonstrated during a particular event the last day, deeply shocked & moved us and will take time to disappear (when we told her that she was neither patient nor tolerant with us, she went mad like crazy, shouted at us, tried to grab us outside of the bus and to leave us on the side of a road refusing to bring us back to Lhasa, knowing that it was impossible for tourists to travel without a guide in Tibet).

As a conclusion, I would say that I would definitely recommend ITibetTravel to friends willing to visit Tibet as Tenzin is really the kind of happy & inspiring person worth meeting in his life and as his 8 days tour to EBC is a very nice and authentic tour to discover Tibet, but I would for sure advise my friends to clearly specify that they don’t want to have anything to do with this guide...

Reviewed September 14, 2018

Our trip was full of surprises. One the surprises given by Tenzin was the home visit to a local village at the outskirt of Lhasa. We were welcomed by the local family and were served with the local lunch. We got to know how local Tibetans live, and how beautiful nature is. That village was surrounded by mountains and green fields as well as blue skies, it was one of the most beautiful sceneries I had in Tibet. <3

Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Thank you for your time in writing for reviews. We are very glad to learn you like the visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

As a backpacker, I always prefer to travel on myself, but as you know, without a tour, it is impossible to enter TAR. As it was one of my dreams and I was visiting China, I decided to go to TAR only 3 weeks before the beginning of the tour. I wrote to several tour operators and Tenzin was one of the only one to answer really quickly and to say that it will be possible to join a tour. He made the impossible and I get my permit on the 22th of July at 13:00. My train to Lhasa was on the 22th 20:00! He did it (even if the day before I was thinking that probably I will not go).
Then everything was really well organized, the guide was a really nice Tibetan guy, knowing really well its culture and especially the Buddhism. It was a relaxing week for me. I didn't have to think about what to do, where to go, what to eat, all the wonders of Tibet came to me with some surprises (like the visit of the Buddhist art school which was not planned initially).
If you want to discover a part of TAR, just go!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2018

I did the 7 days overland trip from Lhasa to Nepal and only have good things to say!
From the very beginning, inquiring about the trip and the details, Tenzin, the manager, made me feel super at ease by being very efficient, warm and very quick replying to email.
Once arrived in Lhasa, everything was well planned and organised but our guide Karma (whom I highly, highly recommend) was still open to slight modifications of the itinerary depending of people's needs or desires. Every destination of the tour was very interesting and it was also a very unique and interesting experience to visit a small village and eat at a villager's house!

Overall a perfect trip with a very knowledgeable, funny and kind guide, could not recommend more the trip, the guide and the company. I Tibet Travel and Tours is a Tibetan owned company, hiring Tibetan guides and drivers and this was really important to me.
I would very much like to come back to Tibet one day to spend more time and do a different tour and I would not hesitate one second to go with I Tibet Travel and Tours and Karma once again.
Thank you for everything! :)

1  Thank Frédéric S
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. we will remember you here in Lhasa.