Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Tibet - great experience

I have a wonderful experience with ITibet Travel agency. The company provides a well organise tour... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2018
MaryTig
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Authentic Tibet

Our tour with I Tibet was well organised and highly informative. The director, Tenzin, is very... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2018
Michael B
London, United Kingdom

All reviews tibet travel local tibetan overland trip responsible tourism day tour stayed one night excellent tour tibet permit asking questions everest base camp shambala palace amazing experience booked a private tour plane tickets lunch and dinner wonderful memories yak butter tea
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Our trip was full of surprises. One the surprises given by Tenzin was the home visit to a local village at the outskirt of Lhasa. We were welcomed by the local family and were served with the local lunch. We got to know how local Tibetans live, and how beautiful nature is. That village was surrounded by mountains and green fields as well as blue skies, it was one of the most beautiful sceneries I had in Tibet. <3

Date of experience: June 2018
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Thank you for your time in writing for reviews. We are very glad to learn you like the visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

As a backpacker, I always prefer to travel on myself, but as you know, without a tour, it is impossible to enter TAR. As it was one of my dreams and I was visiting China, I decided to go to TAR only 3 weeks before the beginning of the tour. I wrote to several tour operators and Tenzin was one of the only one to answer really quickly and to say that it will be possible to join a tour. He made the impossible and I get my permit on the 22th of July at 13:00. My train to Lhasa was on the 22th 20:00! He did it (even if the day before I was thinking that probably I will not go).
Then everything was really well organized, the guide was a really nice Tibetan guy, knowing really well its culture and especially the Buddhism. It was a relaxing week for me. I didn't have to think about what to do, where to go, what to eat, all the wonders of Tibet came to me with some surprises (like the visit of the Buddhist art school which was not planned initially).
If you want to discover a part of TAR, just go!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I did the 7 days overland trip from Lhasa to Nepal and only have good things to say!
From the very beginning, inquiring about the trip and the details, Tenzin, the manager, made me feel super at ease by being very efficient, warm and very quick replying to email.
Once arrived in Lhasa, everything was well planned and organised but our guide Karma (whom I highly, highly recommend) was still open to slight modifications of the itinerary depending of people's needs or desires. Every destination of the tour was very interesting and it was also a very unique and interesting experience to visit a small village and eat at a villager's house!

Overall a perfect trip with a very knowledgeable, funny and kind guide, could not recommend more the trip, the guide and the company. I Tibet Travel and Tours is a Tibetan owned company, hiring Tibetan guides and drivers and this was really important to me.
I would very much like to come back to Tibet one day to spend more time and do a different tour and I would not hesitate one second to go with I Tibet Travel and Tours and Karma once again.
Thank you for everything! :)

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Frédéric S
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. we will remember you here in Lhasa.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

In July, 2018 my cousin and I traveled to Tibet after many years of dreaming. We spent a lot of time researching for the best tour agency because we had some bad experience with touring China previously. After many days of reading and asking questions, we selected the TibetNatives tour agency because we didn't want to have a Chinese agency that would push shopping on us. We booked an eight day tour with TibetNatives and was very happy with them.

The positive rating stems from the service that the agency provided, they gave us instructions on the first day after they pick us up from the airport on how to adjust to he high altitude so we can have be well for the entire trip, they also were at the airport to pick us up on time. The tour guide can speak English very well and very knowledgeable. the boss, the tour guide and the driver were very nice, kind, respectful and professional that made the trip very enjoyable. We completed our tour with a very nice dinner provided by the tour agency and received a couple of souvenirs to take home.

Any negative to the tour were not created by the agency or its people. I would recommend TibetNatives highly to anyone wanting to go to Tibet. Tibetans are nice and interesting people. It's worth the time and the money...

Date of experience: July 2018

Tien S. This is the trip advisor review page for I-Tibet travel, Not for the Tibet Native tours. Yet, i am happy for you to make it to Tibet is very successful journey.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Want to thank I-tibet for great service at an affordable price... they directed me to set up my trains online, and was able to get me with a nice small group and a great hotel. Highly recommend

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you shawn for you kiind review.