“A perfect, amazing trip in Tibet”

I Tibet Travel and Tours
Ranked #21 of 57 Outdoor Activities in Lhasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are I Tibet travel and Tours. An Authentic Tibetan travel Agency in Tibet. Our Agency is registered as the Tibet Universal Travel Co., LTD. Established in the year 1997. We are the oldest surviving Tibet travel agency. We are a group of Tibetan Tibet travel and Tours specialist. We make Tibet travel permit free
Reviewed August 22, 2018

I did the 7 days overland trip from Lhasa to Nepal and only have good things to say!
From the very beginning, inquiring about the trip and the details, Tenzin, the manager, made me feel super at ease by being very efficient, warm and very quick replying to email.
Once arrived in Lhasa, everything was well planned and organised but our guide Karma (whom I highly, highly recommend) was still open to slight modifications of the itinerary depending of people's needs or desires. Every destination of the tour was very interesting and it was also a very unique and interesting experience to visit a small village and eat at a villager's house!

Overall a perfect trip with a very knowledgeable, funny and kind guide, could not recommend more the trip, the guide and the company. I Tibet Travel and Tours is a Tibetan owned company, hiring Tibetan guides and drivers and this was really important to me.
I would very much like to come back to Tibet one day to spend more time and do a different tour and I would not hesitate one second to go with I Tibet Travel and Tours and Karma once again.
Thank you for everything! :)

1  Thank Frédéric S
Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. we will remember you here in Lhasa.

All reviews
"interesting experience"
"mount kailash"
"bucket list"

Reviewed August 21, 2018

In July, 2018 my cousin and I traveled to Tibet after many years of dreaming. We spent a lot of time researching for the best tour agency because we had some bad experience with touring China previously. After many days of reading and asking questions, we selected the TibetNatives tour agency because we didn't want to have a Chinese agency that would push shopping on us. We booked an eight day tour with TibetNatives and was very happy with them.

The positive rating stems from the service that the agency provided, they gave us instructions on the first day after they pick us up from the airport on how to adjust to he high altitude so we can have be well for the entire trip, they also were at the airport to pick us up on time. The tour guide can speak English very well and very knowledgeable. the boss, the tour guide and the driver were very nice, kind, respectful and professional that made the trip very enjoyable. We completed our tour with a very nice dinner provided by the tour agency and received a couple of souvenirs to take home.

Any negative to the tour were not created by the agency or its people. I would recommend TibetNatives highly to anyone wanting to go to Tibet. Tibetans are nice and interesting people. It's worth the time and the money...

Tien S. This is the trip advisor review page for I-Tibet travel, Not for the Tibet Native tours. Yet, i am happy for you to make it to Tibet is very successful journey.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Want to thank I-tibet for great service at an affordable price... they directed me to set up my trains online, and was able to get me with a nice small group and a great hotel. Highly recommend

Thank you shawn for you kiind review.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

If you’re searching for an authentic experience in Tibet, Itibet is the agency to go with. Support the locals. My friends and I booked a private tour with Itibet and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We were very well taken care of during the trip; from the thoughtful gestures of ensuring enough water and fruits to accommodating our requests for less dirty toilets. Our driver and guide are definitely the most patient people. The boss, Tenzin W. also took time off his busy schedule to take us to an authentic Tibetan restaurant to try the local cuisine. He also shared with us the history of Tibet and the social entrepreneur work he’s involved in. Thank you very much for the fun and memorable trip. Keep doing the good work you do for the Tibetans and also for the environment. God bless you.

Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review

See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

If you want an authentic Tibetan experience and to support the Tibetan community, I-Tibet is the tour agency for you. After dreaming about visiting Tibet for a decade I finally decided to make it happen and did a lot of research to make sure I found an operator that was community oriented. Tenzin went above and beyond before, during and after my trip. He hires only local Tibetan guides and gives back to the community in many ways, including personally helping people who have dire medical needs.

I went on the 17 day Kailash trek which was a dream come true as we hiked up over the pass with dozens of pilgrims who were prostrating up and over the mountain. It was an incredibly moving journey that has enriched my life. We also visited Lake Manosovar and Guge Kingdom, which are sights that you couldn’t even imagine until you experience them firsthand in their scale and majestic beauty. Keep in mind though that longer trips like Kailash entail long car rides....bring lots of snacks like our group did and you’ll enjoy those long rides as you observe ethereal, vast landscapes and play car games with fellow adventurers :)

I couldn’t possibly recommend and thank I-Tibet and Tenzin’s team more enthusiastically. They simply went above and beyond every step of the way and provided a magical Tibetan journey.

1  Thank Kimberly G

thank you for your wonderfull review.