“8 wonderful days in Tibet”

I Tibet Travel and Tours
Ranked #21 of 57 Outdoor Activities in Lhasa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are I Tibet travel and Tours. An Authentic Tibetan travel Agency in Tibet. Our Agency is registered as the Tibet Universal Travel Co., LTD. Established in the year 1997. We are the oldest surviving Tibet travel agency. We are a group of Tibetan Tibet travel and Tours specialist. We make Tibet travel permit free
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I did an eight-days tour from Lhasa to the Mount Everest Base Camp in August 2017. Thanks to the Team of I-Tibet travel it was an amazing experience.

I booked my trip quite late but Tenzin helped me a lot and made it still possible for me to get my permit in time.

When i arrived in Lhasa i was picked up and warmly welcomed by my future guide and driver. Than me and my group spent the first three days for acclimatization in Lhasa where we visited several old tibetan Monasteries - i think one of them was over 1300 Years old! - and the Potala Palace. The rest of the time we just walked through Lhasa, bought some souvenirs and tasted delicious yak meat and cheese. I was particularly impressed by the knowledge of our Guide. I learned a lot about tibetan religion, culture and history. After the initial three days in Lhasa we went to Shigatse and than to the Mount Everest Base Camp. I took many extremely beautiful pictures. I still remember the night sky over the Base Camp - I never saw such a clear and marvelous night sky. It was a breathtaking journey.

Tenzin and his Team were very experienced and helped us to have a nice and smooth trip.
Due to a mistake with the booking of my flight i had to stay in Lhasa for one additional day, which can because of the day limit of the Tibet permit potentially lead to many serious problems in Tibet. However, Tenzin helped me to extend my Tibet permit (which is normally not even possible) for free and further organized a hotel room and guide for one day.
If you're looking for an amazing trip on the roof of the world with an experienced, caring and reliable tibetan traveling agency i can strongly recommend you I-Tibet Travel.

Woeber, Owner at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your review and we are very happy to learn that you had a good time in Tibet.

All reviews
"interesting experience"
"tibetan guide"
"mount kailash"

Reviewed September 6, 2017

My friends and I did a two-week tour with i-Tibet in august 2017. Tenzin, Tseten and team went above and beyond to make it the amazing experience it was - very grateful to you all!

Everything was super well-organised – from obtaining our Tibet permits to the numerous other permits/authorisations/stamps etc required for travelling around Tibet by train and visiting the historic sites. This was not made easier by our ever-changing demands e.g. that we have a dog and/or goat with us throughout our trek - but Tenzin worked extra hard to make it happen! (Please say hello to little K’too from us when you see him!)

The tour was also well-structured to allow us to acclimatise to the altitude as best as possible. We first spent several days in Lhasa, also seeing Gyantse and Shigatse before doing an incredible trek from Ganden monastery to Samye (together with our team of awesome yaks and yak men). Tseten’s guided tours were brilliant - both Tseten and Tenzin are hugely knowledgeable about Tibet’s history and every day offered fascinating insights into the life and culture of this amazing place.
The team is very experienced and professional which is so important for a problem-free tour in Tibet…we’re extremely lucky to have found Tenzin et al. and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone wanting to visit. Thanks go out to our excellent driver and the coolest cook known to man! They also offer very good value for money vs other providers, and most importantly are trustworthy and totally honest.
My quick tips: Listen to Tenzin’s advice re carrying lots of copies of your Tibet permit – you will need to give a copy away at every train station even if travelling internally! Take your Diamox if you’re trekking, and drink all of the salty tea (inc yak butter tea..) you’re offered at high altitude, it really helps with the altitude sickness!

Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I really appreciate your kind word, and Congratulations for successfully completing 4 Days trekking from Ganden to Samye monastery.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

it was a pleasant tour with iTibet travel. I've learned a great deal of Tibetan history and culture from our tour guide Dolka, she is patient and helpful. The tour is flexible with a group that likes to take lots of photos. Driver is experienced and knows the road conditions very well. Hotels are clean. All visas, permits, and tickets are being taken care of, no additional charges are required; esp. with the Potala Palace tickets during peak season. (my friends went 2 weeks before us lining up at 3am still didn't get the tickets...). I will recommend iTibet travel without reservation.

Woeber, Manager at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

thank you for your kind review. it is our responsible to make sure the tour thougth with very low inconveinent for my clients. I understand Some of your friend are little unlucky to go to line up from 3am in the morning and still not getting the potala ticket. We always do the best to provide the best

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

I would like to say thankful to itibettravel to arrange a fantastic journey to us with 5 persons! During the whole journey, we don't have to worry about everything especially the potala palace ticket, train ticket to Lhasa and the local entry permits, all are well prepared by the local agent; of course, it's also a luxury and relaxing trip, we all are enjoying the local food and accommodation as well as the clearly explanation of the local guide! I think I will definitely introduce this travel agent to my friend !

Woeber, Owner at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. it is our pleasure to learn that you really had a great time in Lhasa. we are really working hard to give the best of the best for your clients.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2017

I genuinely recommend ITibet Travel for all your Tibetan holiday requirements. Tenzin was very efficient and helpful with organising our 8 day Base Camp tour, as well as our travel permit. Tibet closes down in March each year and we flew into Beijing early April and we needed the permits before we caught the train. Tenzin was able to email through the permits before we left Australia. Tenzin wasn't able to purchase our train tickets however the agency he recommended, China Highlights were super helpful and worked with us to try and get soft sleeper tickets. Which by the way is very hard as they sell out in record time as soon as they are released! The train journey is long, Beijing to Lhasa but definitely a great experience to be had, especially for Westerners! Bring an inflatable mattress as the beds are hard! We didn't realise that we weren't on an ITibet tour group until we met with Tenzin, whilst still in Lhasa and he advised that 4 people cancelled so fortunately we were able to switch to Explore Tibet which had the same tour. Thank you Tenzin for looking after us and for all your help and good advice. Dean and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour we ended up on and had an amazing time experiencing local culture, food and the wonderful historic temples.

1  Thank Rachbell78
Woeber, Owner at I Tibet Travel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Hello, both. it is very nice to hear from your two. we are very happy to learn that you had a good time in Tibet. We always make sure we have the tour as we promise. We remember how the cancellation of other group members, let to make arrangments with other company. If we would not have found other tour with other company we would still run the your tour even if we loose money in your tour. Thats our commitment and we are happy for you two to making to Tibet. Congratulations