Book In Advance
Tours from Tibet Native Travel Services tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Tibet Native Travel Services
from $700.00
More Info
from $1,250.00
More Info
All reviews his team magic tricks local tibetan special dinner tour guide base camp cost effective exceptional experience chinese tour oxygen bottles farewell dinner support local personal interests pre planning driving skills well taken care tibetan restaurant
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

The agency provided top-notch services and administative support for the entire 8-days trip. From the fuss-free pick-up from airport, quick hotel check-ins detailed and insightful guided tour, local recommendations and translations, to the send off to the airport, everything was great.

I would like to specially thank the manager Sonam for settling my visit permit so last-minute and sending them securely to me, personally picking me up from the airport and introducing Tibet to an ignorant traveller like me in a friendly and insightful manner. I would also like to thank Yula for the well-designed guided tour with insightful commentaries, and settling the numerous administrative and security check in a quick and fuss-free manner, and interacting with us in a sincere manner. I would also like to thank the driver for bringing us to so many places safely and enduring the long hours of driving just so we can visit the beautiful places in Tibet and learn about this wonderful and land of mysteries.

To the potential clients of this company, do not worry about communication because Mr. Sonam speaks good english and can arrange english-speaking guides for you. The agency is professional and provides top-notch services to ensure that your trip runs well and runs enjoyably. Choose them and you can be sure that your travel is smooth and fruitful.

Date of experience: June 2017
3  Thank moseskst
Reviewed June 2, 2017

From start to finish my husband and I were more than impressed with Sonam and his team.

All our email communication in arranging the trip and the permit for myself was handled smoothly and quickly. Price was very reasonable and we could customise the itinerary to our specifications - no forced stops etc.

Sonam was very helpful in advising us flight options to book also and in answering all of our questions.

Our flight into Tibet was delayed by an hour but not to worry, Sonam and our driver were there to meet us outside of the airport. Very reassuring after a long trip. The car used for our 2 day tour round Lhasa was a comfortable people carrier and the driver was prompt and safe.

Our guide was a lovely Tibetan lady, very knowledgable about the history of Tibet and Buddhism. She effortlessly guided us around Deprung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple.

Very patient and kind, helped me out with posting a postcard and buying a book at Potala Palace. Lunch stops were at recommended places.

On the last night Sonam treated us to dinner at House of Shambala - (we requested this hotel to be booked for us and he organised a great room for us). We even were given beautiful Buddhist rosary beads as a parting gift from Sonam.

I highly recommend using this agency for organising a trip to Lhasa - you will be in safe hands and not disappointed. It's wonderful to be able to use a Tibetan company also and give something back. I will be recommending to all my friends and colleagues.

2  Thank Bitten_by_the_bug_10
Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Last week we spent 10 days seeing Tibet with the help of Tibet Native Tours. The manager, Gyatso, helped us to plan the trip a few months before we went and I have to commend him on the level of service we received. Communication was fast and helpful, and he was very flexible in helping us to plan our ideal trip. Once in Tibet we had a local guide and driver who were warm, kind, and friendly, as well as knowledgeable and entertaining. We learnt a lot about Tibetan history and culture alongside Tibetan Buddhism. Any needs we had were accommodated by our guide and driver, or by Gyatso. Overall we had a great trip. I would highly recommend this tour company if you're planning a trip to Tibet.

1  Thank boourns14
Reviewed May 31, 2017

Great attentive service from first contact to final handshake and goodbye. Gyatso consistently went above and beyond to ensure a perfect experience. Great itinerary. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Jon C
Reviewed May 26, 2017

Spent 3 days in Lhasa and 4 days trekking. The staff are all Tibeten, giving an authentic experience. The manager, Gyatso, is a very hard worker and was very attentive. The application for the permit and sending of the permit to our hotel in Beijing was seamless, with Gyatso confirming every step and carefully explaining the process, giving us great comfort. The guide, Thye, had very good knowledge of the various monasteries and palaces. The cook was excellent, serving traditional Tibetan food while keeping in mind what westerners do / dont like :)

The trek was challenging and fun. The staff knew the area very well which meant that they were flexible to changes in program and to requests from the group. It also meant that there was a natural interaction with monks / nomads and other locals, which greatly enhanced the experience

It seemed that the yaks used for transport were well looked after and healthy, with care taken that each yak carried the appropriate amount of weight.

Would recommend this service highly!

3  Thank Christian E