Review Highlights
A Perfect Journey around Lhasa with Road to Tibet agency

I travelled to Lhasa, Tibet from 16th to 23rd January 2019 as part of a solo trip all pre-planned... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nward8
Northampton, UK
A beautiful and fun journey through Tibet!

The communication with roadtotibet was, first of all, very easy and uncomplicated. Woeser... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee732277
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lhasa
from $850.00
More Info
from $264.06
More Info
All reviews everest base camp successful trip met great gave suggestions other companies tour company private tour altitude sickness good bye reliable service friends traveling his team excellent trip peace of mind personal tour tour service initial email
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I recently went on a 21 day tour around Tibet with Road to Tibet tours, visiting monasteries and other millennial old sacred sites, culminating in a challenging circumambulation of Mt Kailash. What an unbelievably profound and beautiful journey it was, due mainly to our more than fabulous tour guides Tsewang and Tashi. Both were so very knowledgeable about every aspect of the culture and its religious practices and were extremely helpful, patient and kind, and willing to go the extra mile with their strength of character and devotion to make my experience thoroughly enjoyable and smooth. I couldn't think of better company for such a pilgrimage. I want to do it again!

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank John F
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I highly recommend this professional and efficient tour agency and can vouch for the outstanding personal care they give to their clients. Our two guides Tsewang Lhamo and Tashi were consistently kind and helpful and the magnificent Kelsang was the best driver you could ever hope to entrust your life to! I am so grateful to this wonderful team for helping to make my time in Tibet the amazing experience it has been. I miss you! A huge THANK YOU to you all at Road to Tibet.

1  Thank Toria S
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Being in Tibet is breathtaking and sometime life-changing in more ways than one. But everything depends on your travel provider. I've been going to TAR since 2010 and know this from experience. Travelling with Road To Tibet has been a pleasure. Taking care of permits, itineraries, inter-cultural relationships and providing expertise in trekking and cultural history is the least of it. It's when something unexpected happens—a personal injury, road construction, bad weather, hotel reservations getting lost—that's when you must depend on your travel provider. There's not much you can do on your own. I'm grateful for Road to Tibet's responsiveness and problem-solving. I'm waiting to go back!

1  Thank Mireille808
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Are Group Leader and Trip Manager for Sangha Journeys, I am grateful to Road To Tibet for facilitating a seamless and successful trip for our group of 18. During the trip the guides and bus driver were top of the line. They were caring, patient and always thinking ahead. Our 19 day itinerary had us going from Lhasa, Everest, Mt. Kailash then to Guge. They kept us on track and we were able to visit everything on our itinerary. For our Mt. Kailash kora, the 2 guides, Tashi & Tsewang, worked to keep us together and where extremely helpful to make sure we all succeeded and made it through the 3 day kora. The bus driver was an incredible driver! I have been to Tibet twice before, this trip was by far the best! Thank You Road To Tibet!! I look forward to working with you to co-create memorable trips in the future!

1  Thank DechenSteele
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Before setteling for a tour agent, I was in contact with several well rated agencies. Certainly many of them would have delivered a great tour, but I am more than happy we finally settled for road to tibet, a genuinely tibetan travel agency.

When planning our 9 day private tour, Woeser was very responsive and answered to every little detail and questions in my mails immediatly. The itinaries he suggested were smooth and slightly different from other agencies. Pricing very fair and terms a little more flexible than with other companies.

We flew in from Shangri-La in Yunnan (at 3300m), a great option if you want to minimize chances of altitude sickness. The downside was that our already delayed flight returned to shangri-la after already circling above Lhasa airport- no explanations given. In the end we arrived with 9 hours delay in the night except for lunch time. I really appreaciate Woesers efforts who stayed in touch with us and who during the day rearranged our tour order and hotel bookings, so that it was still possible for us to visit all agreed places, despite loosing half a day.

Our guide Samdrup and driver Putsi(?) took very well care of us during the tour and were pleasant company. Samdrup speaks excellent English and is very knowlegable about history and religion. Our schedules were easily adapted to our daily form ( some of us were still fighting a cold). In places we visited outside Lhasa, we often where the only tourists, while many tibetans visited and worshiped at the temples. An experience we had hoped for but which exceeded expectations.

Hotels and reccommended restaurants were carefully chosen and of good quality ( even our rooms in Samye monastery hotel was better than expected according to tripadvisor reviews) and cost for food in line with what we experienced in Yunnan, while we had expected higher costs.

If ever having the chance to travel to tibet again (perhaps to mount Kailesh?), I would certainly choose Road to Tibet again. Thanks for a perfect and memorable tour!

2  Thank Anke T