Review Highlights
A Perfect Journey around Lhasa with Road to Tibet agency

I travelled to Lhasa, Tibet from 16th to 23rd January 2019 as part of a solo trip all pre-planned... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nward8
Northampton, UK
A beautiful and fun journey through Tibet!

The communication with roadtotibet was, first of all, very easy and uncomplicated. Woeser... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee732277
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lhasa
from $850.00
More Info
from $264.06
More Info
All reviews everest base camp successful trip met great gave suggestions other companies tour company private tour altitude sickness good bye reliable service friends traveling his team excellent trip peace of mind personal tour tour service initial email
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Are Group Leader and Trip Manager for Sangha Journeys, I am grateful to Road To Tibet for facilitating a seamless and successful trip for our group of 18. During the trip the guides and bus driver were top of the line. They were caring, patient and always thinking ahead. Our 19 day itinerary had us going from Lhasa, Everest, Mt. Kailash then to Guge. They kept us on track and we were able to visit everything on our itinerary. For our Mt. Kailash kora, the 2 guides, Tashi & Tsewang, worked to keep us together and where extremely helpful to make sure we all succeeded and made it through the 3 day kora. The bus driver was an incredible driver! I have been to Tibet twice before, this trip was by far the best! Thank You Road To Tibet!! I look forward to working with you to co-create memorable trips in the future!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank DechenSteele
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Before setteling for a tour agent, I was in contact with several well rated agencies. Certainly many of them would have delivered a great tour, but I am more than happy we finally settled for road to tibet, a genuinely tibetan travel agency.

When planning our 9 day private tour, Woeser was very responsive and answered to every little detail and questions in my mails immediatly. The itinaries he suggested were smooth and slightly different from other agencies. Pricing very fair and terms a little more flexible than with other companies.

We flew in from Shangri-La in Yunnan (at 3300m), a great option if you want to minimize chances of altitude sickness. The downside was that our already delayed flight returned to shangri-la after already circling above Lhasa airport- no explanations given. In the end we arrived with 9 hours delay in the night except for lunch time. I really appreaciate Woesers efforts who stayed in touch with us and who during the day rearranged our tour order and hotel bookings, so that it was still possible for us to visit all agreed places, despite loosing half a day.

Our guide Samdrup and driver Putsi(?) took very well care of us during the tour and were pleasant company. Samdrup speaks excellent English and is very knowlegable about history and religion. Our schedules were easily adapted to our daily form ( some of us were still fighting a cold). In places we visited outside Lhasa, we often where the only tourists, while many tibetans visited and worshiped at the temples. An experience we had hoped for but which exceeded expectations.

Hotels and reccommended restaurants were carefully chosen and of good quality ( even our rooms in Samye monastery hotel was better than expected according to tripadvisor reviews) and cost for food in line with what we experienced in Yunnan, while we had expected higher costs.

If ever having the chance to travel to tibet again (perhaps to mount Kailesh?), I would certainly choose Road to Tibet again. Thanks for a perfect and memorable tour!

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Anke T
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We booked the 8 day Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC trip in late December for a June departure. We bombarded Woeser with questions over the course of 6 months. He always answered promptly and clearly. Super responsive. In the end, no one else booked the trip, so it was just the 2 of us for the entire tour. I'm sure Woeser lost money on this, but he honored his commitment. Our guide, Tashi, was wonderful. He answered all of our questions patiently, and wanted to make sure we understood his explanations. And our driver was terrific. We enjoyed our trip immensely thanks to Road to Tibet. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

HI everyone
Last month I had such a wonderful trip to Lhasa and Tibet. With an excellent guide namedTsewang and Weoser organising all the trip. Tsewang was so knowledgeable about everything and was the perfect guide.

I have done a lot of solo traveling over the last 25 years and avoid tour groups but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this tour company. I can highly recommend this organisation.

1  Thank Ben G
Reviewed July 13, 2017

My partner and I booked a 3 week private tour with RTT in June/July and had a really fantastic experience.
Our guide Samdup and driver Chimi were awesome. Really friendly, easy going, funny, flexible, knowledgeable and reliable in a sometimes very challenging place for travel!
Woeser was great in helping us pull together an itinerary that met all our wants and needs in a really short and restricted timeframe for planning, he was always quick to get back to our questions via email from Australia.
We got to experience U, Tsang and Ngari region which gave us the opportunity to experience the wonderful diversity across Tibet. We travelled in a van that was comfortable, clean and always felt safe (even on those crazy zig zag roads!).
We also did a 3 day trek around Mount Kailash in West Tibet with Samdup, which was an absolutely incredible experience. He took great care of us and made sure we were always in the best health and comfort at each altitude increase, always taking our time and never rushing. We couldn't have done it without him!

1  Thank emmakate2017