Review Highlights
A Perfect Journey around Lhasa with Road to Tibet agency

I travelled to Lhasa, Tibet from 16th to 23rd January 2019 as part of a solo trip all pre-planned... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
nward8
Northampton, UK
A beautiful and fun journey through Tibet!

The communication with roadtotibet was, first of all, very easy and uncomplicated. Woeser... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Sightsee732277
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Lhasa
from $850.00
More Info
from $264.06
More Info
All reviews everest base camp successful trip met great gave suggestions other companies tour company private tour altitude sickness good bye reliable service friends traveling his team excellent trip peace of mind personal tour tour service initial email
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We booked the 8 day Lhasa / Gyantse / Shigatse / EBC trip in late December for a June departure. We bombarded Woeser with questions over the course of 6 months. He always answered promptly and clearly. Super responsive. In the end, no one else booked the trip, so it was just the 2 of us for the entire tour. I'm sure Woeser lost money on this, but he honored his commitment. Our guide, Tashi, was wonderful. He answered all of our questions patiently, and wanted to make sure we understood his explanations. And our driver was terrific. We enjoyed our trip immensely thanks to Road to Tibet. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

HI everyone
Last month I had such a wonderful trip to Lhasa and Tibet. With an excellent guide namedTsewang and Weoser organising all the trip. Tsewang was so knowledgeable about everything and was the perfect guide.

I have done a lot of solo traveling over the last 25 years and avoid tour groups but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this tour company. I can highly recommend this organisation.

1  Thank Ben G
Reviewed July 13, 2017

My partner and I booked a 3 week private tour with RTT in June/July and had a really fantastic experience.
Our guide Samdup and driver Chimi were awesome. Really friendly, easy going, funny, flexible, knowledgeable and reliable in a sometimes very challenging place for travel!
Woeser was great in helping us pull together an itinerary that met all our wants and needs in a really short and restricted timeframe for planning, he was always quick to get back to our questions via email from Australia.
We got to experience U, Tsang and Ngari region which gave us the opportunity to experience the wonderful diversity across Tibet. We travelled in a van that was comfortable, clean and always felt safe (even on those crazy zig zag roads!).
We also did a 3 day trek around Mount Kailash in West Tibet with Samdup, which was an absolutely incredible experience. He took great care of us and made sure we were always in the best health and comfort at each altitude increase, always taking our time and never rushing. We couldn't have done it without him!

1  Thank emmakate2017
Reviewed July 12, 2017

What a great experience with Roadtotibet agency!
From the beginning to the end: Mr.Woeser, Mr.Tashi, and Mr.Puhpuh were great and make us like beeing at home. Very flexible, very nice and friendly.
Mr. Woeser is a very professional person, full of kindness.
Mr.Tashi, our guide, a gentleman who take care of us, gave us many informations about people, history and tibetan's culture. Ready to suggest us a good tibetan restaurant and things to do and see.
Mr.Puhpuh, our driver, was always very punctual, in a good mood, smiling and also singing; he's a very safe driver!
We had a 3 weeks tour till Mt.Kailash (for the Saga Dawa Festival) and Guge Kindom, EBC, ecc.. many miles, but wonderful landscapes and huge spaces. Everything was well arranged (permits, itinerary, hotels..), we met great tibetan people, simple with a great heart.
New roads, new cities, are coming fast, it's now the good time to visit Tibet and I highly reccomend Mr. Woeser and his team! Have a nice trip! Tashidelek
Fra

1  Thank cescacasa
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We planned Tibet with an extension of Xinjiang and planning was immensely complex and more so for being our Indian Passports, we have several restrictions in Tibet because of our nationality. Woeser not only handled that professionally, from his first communication he was extremely clear and unambiguous and very very honest in setting correct expectation on what we would receive and what we can't.

Getting Tickets on a Train from Xining to Lhasa was quite complicated and he managed it with lots of efforts but we got exactly what we wanted, a coupe for all of us in soft sleeper.

The Car and driver was amazing, at least I stopped then once almost in every 5 km for photography, they exactly did so without any problems.

The choice of hotels were brilliant and most importantly all these at the most reasonable cost you could ever expect. I communicated with at least 50 different operators of Lhasa, Xining, Chendu but the honest no nonsense approach with extremely quick turn around time clubbed with amazing value for money cost made him my choice and I was travelling with my wife and only 8 years old daughter, little nervous and anxious, he not only came to meet us in Lhasa, gave some amazing advice too for the entire trip, we never felt we are travelling with an agency, rather feel at home where you can simply trust him closing your eyes.

With lots of barriers like languages, food, permits, he was acting like a best friend to make the whole experience so memorable.I am looking forward for my next trip soon with him and wish him all the best.

Date of experience: October 2016