Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Tibet 3 day Lhasa City tour

During August 2019 we were glad to visit one of our much exciting location - Tibet. Our trip was... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
SimonTravelsTheGlobe
Great tour

yifanw2014
Singapore, Singapore

All reviews travel consultant tour guide lovely personality everest base camp day trip great trip tibet permit friendly driver potala palace command of english high altitude foreign tourists booking process local experience plane tickets train journey took great care
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My colleague recommended this Tibet discovery tour to me. It was a well organized 10 day tour. We travelled from Lhasa to EBC, 3650m all the way up to 5200m. The view is just breathtaking! Ours hotels are always clean. For the first 3 nights in Lhasa, you need to adjust to the high altitude. You can always visit the clinic of the hotel with medicines. My travel consultant Wonder Wang is very professional, easy to communicate. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank yifanw2014
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just got back from our wonderful trip to China and Tibet and wanted to thank Johnson Wang, our travel consultant, Tibet Discovery Tours, for the effort he put in to make it smooth and comfortable for us. As we didnt speak the language, we appreciated being helped through all the airports which made things much easier for us.
The country is beautiful and vast, with so much to see. All the meals we had were super delicious.
Although our schedule was jam packed, Kevin, our guide in Beijing, was outstanding and went out of his way to cover it all while making sure we avoided the crowds - Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City were impressive, the Temple of Heaven, and walking through the Summer Palace and tombs of the Ming Dynasty, very lovely. The highlight though, was our climb to the Great Wall - we took Mutianyu way, quite steep but amazing!
In retrospect, we might have spent less time in Xi’an, where we traveled back to 221 BC to see the Terracotta Warriors and browse through the Muslim Quarters. Since school was out, there were thousands of visitors and very long lines at the sites we visited. It might have been better to spend a few days in Sichuan instead, where the pandas are.
We also loved going to Lhasa and our guide, Zhou Ma, (Dolma) spoke English fluently, had an in-depth knowledge of Buddhism and a lovely personality. Shanghai was not to be because of the typhoon, so going back to Beijing for the Lama Temple, Confucius Park, Imperial College and the zoo was the right thing to do.
On the whole, it was a fabulous tour, thanks, once again to Johnson for all his help in making it happen.
Manju, Robert and Chetan Hertzig

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Meridamx123
Reviewed July 28, 2019

I always wanted to visit this mysterious land on top of the world. When I started my trip preparation I noticed there are tons of obstacles until I found Tibet Discovery. My travel consultant Wendy Dan was super nice and very helpful throughout the whole process. She helped us to arrange all the tickets, necessary permits and went over our entire day by day trip schedule. Upon arrival to Lhasa we were warmly greeted by our tour guide Lobsang a best tour guide you can have. We were visiting numerous Buddhist monasteries in Lhasa during first part of the trip learning so much about the culture and history of the Tibet. While in Lhasa you’ll see people very faithful to their religion, traditions and their culture. It is impossible to forget the sights of true devotion not only by the Buddhist monks but also by the ordinary people who make their pilgrimage to Lhasa from farthest corners of Tibet. The second part of our journey was nothing but pure excitement, Everest Base Camp. We appreciated our experienced driver Pasang who drove us safely thru this very rugged landscape. The scenery along the way constantly changes and it’s getting better minute by minute until you finally reach the Everest. The view of the mountain and the glaciers along the way are breathtaking!!! We met so many interesting people from different corners of the world at Base Camp. A true lifetime experience. Very warm regards and Thanks to our consultant Wendy, our tour guide Lobsang and our awesome driver Pasang!!

Peter

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank PeteJN777
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

Wow! What can I say! We had such an amazing time in Sichuan province and Tibet with China/Tibet Discovery! Just returned few days ago.

Wendy Dan was fantastic. She started working on the itinerary with me 9 mths before our trip. We have 2 young kids with my wife and I and my in-laws.

We did a 10 day trip with flights to and from Lhasa to Chengdu. The guides were great and drivers excellent too. Jane and Gila in Chengdu were great as was Deji in Lhasa. We ate well and did not have to worry about anything there. Thank you, Wendy and China/Tibet Discovery! :)

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank diparshi
Reviewed July 14, 2019

I will like to thank Echo Gou of Tibet Discovery (based in Chengdu) for organising a very interesting 9 days Tobet tours. We enjoyed a lot and had fune. I wish to recommend Tibet Discovery for future booking.

Date of experience: June 2019