Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
China and Tibet

This was our 7th journey to China and the Tibet Autonomous Region of China and it keeps getting... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jack32247
Riverside, California
An excellent Tour Company

Tittletattle
Essex

Recommended experiences in and around Lhasa
from $1,125.00
from $2,100.00
from $580.00
from $386.21
More Info
All reviews tour guide travel consultant everest base camp great trip tibet permit day trip potala palace command of english friendly driver local guide hotel accommodations foreign tourists booking process high altitude plane tickets took great care train journey
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently used the services of Tibet Discovery in Chengdu to arrange a tour in the South of China to Guilin and Yangshuo after deciding my trip was too short to make another visit to Tibet.
I was helped by a very efficient young lady called Ashley He and with her help we had a great trip with everything running smoothly from the door of our hotel in Beijing all the way South and back to the front door again. Her choice of flights, guides and hotels was spot on and I would certainly recommend the company and Ashley to anyone travelling in Tibet or China generally.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used the services of this tour agent and I am fascinated by the honesty and accuracy of the team. I organised my personal trip to Nepal and Bhutan. Everything was wonderful and seamless. Their local partners in Nepal and Bhutan were at a level that took my personal interest. Exclusive thanks to Wonder Wang, my direct consultant from Tibet Discovery, whom I owe mainly to travel to Nepal and Bhutan. For him I can only say good words - accurate, operative, expeditious and courteous to inconvenience to me. Thanks, Wonder Wang!

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Very welcome from start to finish from our guide and driver. Both were waiting for us once we managed to get our luggage upon arriving in Lhasa. We are so very grateful that Wendy from "Tibet Discovery" managed to get our entry permit (into Tibet) to us before flying in from Kunming into Lhasa. She chase down the courier who tried to deliver the permit to the hotel we had booked. The courier found the hotel we had booked 3 months before had closed down. Wendy managed arrange another hotel and 12 hours before our flight departure we had our permit delivered at our Hotel.
Fantastic service many anxious moments averted and soooo.... grateful of your after work hours with your assistance. WELL DONE & THANK YOU Again !

1  Thank OUDLEO
Reviewed May 6, 2019

I found Tibet Discovery via Trip Advisor and their website. Wendy, our travel consultant helped us arrange a 2 week tour for my family of four. She was very responsive and had great ideas. We have just returned from the tour of Beijing, Xian and Lhasa and everything went according to plan. In every place we were met by an English speaking tour guide and transport was provided in modern and comfortable mini vans. If we wanted to change the agreed itinerary we could and the guides did their best to meet our needs. This was not quite so true in Tibet where we found out that our travel permit was quite restrictive and we could not flex the schedule nearly so easily - this is obviously not the fault of Tibet Discovery - rather an issue arising fro the political situation. It just means you have to research more extensively what you want before you arrive. We had a wonderful time and would recommend Tibet Discovery to other travellers.

1  Thank fitandfabforty
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Booked a 7 day private tour to Lhasa and EBC. Lyn Wang from the office prepared everything thoroughly from start to finish and was excellent and accommodating. The trip itself was standard and without hiccups. Both guide and driver were excellent. Everything was a breeze and stress-free, so will highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: May 2019