Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
An excellent Tour Company

I recently used the services of Tibet Discovery in Chengdu to arrange a tour in the South of China... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Tittletattle
Essex
Very good and correct organiser of tours in Nepal and Bhutan

I used the services of this tour agent and I am fascinated by the honesty and accuracy of the team... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
DiyanStanchev
Sofia, Bulgaria

Recommended experiences in and around Lhasa
from $2,100.00
More Info
from $261.15
More Info
All reviews tour guide travel consultant everest base camp tibet permit day trip potala palace command of english magical trip friendly driver local guide hotel accommodations interesting things foreign tourists plane tickets high altitude booking process took great care
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a 7 day private tour to Lhasa and EBC. Lyn Wang from the office prepared everything thoroughly from start to finish and was excellent and accommodating. The trip itself was standard and without hiccups. Both guide and driver were excellent. Everything was a breeze and stress-free, so will highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank WillKKK
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did an epic train trip from Shanghai to Lhasa and saw some amazing sights along the way. My memory cards were full of beautiful landscapes, colourful buildings and local costumes & pictures of the life on the Tibetan plateau.

All the organisation was done by Tibet Discovery's Wendy Dan. All the suggestions were good & interesting and the realisation of the tour was amazing. I travelled with my elderly mother and she received extra care and attention on the route (not a good idea to tell your real age to the locals if you don't want some added attention!) :) Very happy with the whole holiday and would highly recommend using this travel agent in planning a trip of a life time... Especially as the organisation of the Tibet travel permits into the area and outside Lhasa & visits to local monuments can not be done by an outsider.

All the guides were good and their command of English was good - Special thanks to our Tibetan guide in Lhasa who took very good care of us and explained the culture/religion and history to us in a way that only a local can.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I highly recommend Tibet Discovery based in Chengdu. Especially Wing Zeng who I booked my tour online. Wing answer all my questions and email promptly, and got my Tibet permit in shortness amount of times. On our first day we have a little problem but thank to Wing’s quick respond and immediately fixed the problem so we can be continue on with our trip. Our tour guide Tashi (Mr. Lovely) is truly have lovely personality and easy going. Tashi have good knowledge of Tibet Buddhism and we shared few wonderful stories together. He very accommodating to make our tour better. We also have a very capable and friendly driver who get us to our destination on time and safely. We always feel safe and comfortable on the road. We have wonderful times in Tibet thanks to Wing Zeng, Tashi, the driver and the wonderful staff at Tibet Discovery.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very reliable tour. Wendy was very helpful with answering all questions and emailed promptly. I strongly recommended this travel agency Tibet Discovery and please look for Wendy Dan. She was super friendly and patience with all my questions. Couldn't ask for more. She answered all our questions and emails promptly and very clearly. The service was very professional. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had booked a 10-day private tour that took us through Lhasa, Shigatse, Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake.

We opted for a private tour as both my husband and I are photo enthusiasts and would prefer to spend time with flexibility. We had a car, a tour guide (DJ) and a driver, dedicated to ourselves throughout the whole trip. The tour guide ticks all the critical attributes you'd look for:

- Timeliness
- Professionalism
- Hospitality
- Knowledge
- Friendliness
- Patience

The driver had an experience of 21 years with him and did not give us a single chance of complain.

DJ was very caring and would check every now and then if we were doing fine, if we needed something. He speaks great English and his warm personality easily makes you feel at home. They took us to local dining places and somehow it all clicked! We were looking forward to a local experience and that's exactly what we got.

Highly recommend booking trips with Tibet Discovery.