“Great option”
Review of Tibet Discovery

Tibet Discovery
Ranked #10 of 77 Tours in Lhasa
More attraction details
Owner description: Tibet Discovery provides tailor-made private tours and buget join-in group tours in Lhasa and related area, at an unbeatable local price. Contact our Experts of travel consultant to tailor a tour!
Reviewed January 8, 2018

We took a private tour, and it was great since they pick us from the airport. Our guide and driver were very nice people, they help us with everything. Tour was a great option to visit Lhasa for 4 days and get to know the history of buddhism. The 4 day tour was more than ok, you get a lot of free time to do other things. At first, we were worried about the weather, it was a little cold but not to much and since it was low season we really appreciate the tour since all the attractions were not crowded.
They also help us arranged our permits and send them to our hotel in Xi'an previous from our departure. The booking process was really good, Lyn always answer to all our doubts and make it really easy to us.

1  Thank Anais R
"once in a lifetime"
"wendy"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Exceptional private and custom tour tailored for our small group. Ms. Wing Zeng of Tibet Discovery was responsive, courteous, and professional, who planned and arranged our travel from the beginning to end. Ms. Zeng worked with us so patiently to finalize our Itinerary: we changed hotels, swapped excursions and days around to fit everyone’s special needs. Well, Ms. Zeng was very thorough, who was able to incorporate all of our requests.

Our local guide “DJ” in Tibet was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Tibetan history and culture. DJ spoke English-language fluently; we were so happy to have him as our guide for the entire duration in Tibet. The hotel accommodations were better than expected and more importantly at great locations; walking distances to some major attractions. Ms. Zeng talked to me twice during our travel in Lhasa and in EBC, just to see whether everything was fine, especially coping with the high altitude. Believe it or not, Ms. Wing Zeng even met with us at our final stop, Chengdu where she works, so that we could thank her in person for a well-planned and wonderful Tibet experience.

Overall, the entire trip, our guide and Wing Zeng exceeded our expectations. We definitely recommend Ms. Wing Zeng at Tibet Discovery be your Travel Agent.

2  Thank Winnie Y
Reviewed December 18, 2017

I got in touch with this agency while planning to spend 3 days in Lhasa, on my return in EU from my vacation.
I was lucky to work with Lily Xu from the beginning and following her suggestions we built a tour helping me to tick most of the interesting points.
A few aspects of our collaboration convinced me share this review: excellent communication, understanding of my needs (limited time to spend there); the tailored solution offered and flawless logistics. On top of this, it is worthy to mention that having her taking care of getting the Tibet access permit was key to be able to board on the plane to that destination and here Lily exceeded my expectations as she noticed that might be a problem with my hotel booking so she contacted the hotel, clarify all aspects with them and managed to make sure that the permit was at the hotel before my arrival.
It was a pleasure working with her and I definitely recommend for her seriousness.

2  Thank Catalin T
Reviewed December 1, 2017

This agency was a very good option for me because it handled everything flawlessly: the Tibet permit was sent to me exactly as established, no problem or worry for me, it was delivered to the hotel i was staying in China.
Then it took care of everything in Tibet very well so that my group didn't have to wait in any lines to get inside monasteries or even the Potala Palace. In spite of the very strict schedule to visit Potala, I didn't wait more than 10 minutes. The accommodation the agency chose for me was super nice everywhere in Tibet and very close to Barkhor street in Lhasa, which was very convenient.
The guides all had very good knowledge of history and buddhism, so they could explain to us many interesting things. And were also friendly and caring, took us to a vegetarian restaurant near Sera Monastery, knowing most of us in the group were vegans.
Also the travel agent who handled my trip planning, Stephanie, was so nice, not only she did her best to plan everything about my trip exactly according to my wishes, but also she helped me with another issue I had so solve regarding train ticket booking.
The price was also good. Not the cheapest agency maybe, not expensive either, but the quality of the services was exceptional.
I would go with them again anytime.

2  Thank Ioana K
See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Three main reasons I recommend Tibet Discovery:
1) To visit Tibet as a foreigner, in addition to the Chinese visa, you must also apply for the Tibetan permit. Not all tour agencies can successfully obtain the Tibetan permit.
Tibet Discovery has good track record in obtaining the Tibetan permit for its clients.
That's why I chose to work with them.
2) Potala Palace only allows a limited number of tourists to visit each day. The admissions ticket is hard to get. You must wait in line to buy it in advance. Tibet Discovery knows well how to obtain the tickets. I chose to pay them for this service so I didn't have to do it and to free myself up for additional sightseeing.
3) The security in Tibet is tight. All foreigners must be accompanied by a tour guide in order to visit major attractions and you will be security checked at almost every entrance.

For all these reasons in addition to its professionally well organized tour, that's why I chose to enlist Tibet Discovery's help to travel to Tibet.

3  Thank Geminican