“Great food, great setting, poor service”
Review of Namaste Restaurant

Namaste Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 99 Restaurants in Lhasa
Cuisines: Asian
Description: they serve Indian Western, Tibetan & Nepaliphone 0891-6303399two locations, also at Yutok lu #30 la Yingzhufeng weiye 2nd Floor, next to Cinema Hall, Lhasa Tibet China
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our favorite restaurant during our stay in Lhasa and we went back a couple of times. Sitting outside in the courtyard is really pleasant. The Indian food is very good and the naan is the best we had in Lhasa (though the garlic one is way too buttery). The Tibetan momos were delicious. Tasty and good value.
The service though is HORRIBLE: friendly enough, but waitresses were slow and clueless. Dishes arrived randomly and put on the edge of the table, as they couldn't be bothered to take an extra step closer. We had to help ourselves to plates and cutlery we needed.
If you can handle the bad service, Namaste is a great place to eat!

1  Thank IlariaK

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was good but the server had a bit of an attitude. After looking forward to the Naan bread and bragging to my fellow travelers about the reviews, we finally made it there only to be told there was no Naan!!! We enjoyed it anyway but were truly disappointed. The place was not easy to find as all the streets are a mess now torn up with construction.

1  Thank kathid1954
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I often go to Lhasa Namaste Restaurant because I love there Naan bread. Out of all Naan breads my favourite is the 'spicy' Naan with fried potatoes, mutton curry and a pot of Masala tea. Lhasa Namaste Restaurant is a Nepalese & Tibetan restaurant but they do serve western and Chinese dishes. If you are planning to go there on a weekend, make sure to go early since they get crowded. It is near Johkang Temple square and on the 1st floor of the building. Staff are always friendly and efficient in here. The restuarant area is cozy and intimate in the evening. The food is very affordable.

2  Thank KumarDaCritique
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went there almost everyday during my stay in Lhasa for 1.5 months.It is absolutely the best restaurant in Lhasa,much better than the Snow-land.It supplies Tibetan,Nepalese and Indian foods with a huge range of choices.Everything I ordered was so delicious that I could not miss it.Especially milk tea(in Chinese hot bottle),Naan,Fried chicken,Fried french fries,Chicken masala...
Mmm...Delicious!!!Highly recommend! I will go there again when I visit Lhasa next time.

1  Thank zhangqw
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Their menu actually has a variety of dishes ranging from western to tibetan and nepalese. I had dinner with my friends there twice. I much prefer their Nepalese dishes to the Tibetan ones. Special mention goes to their naans because they are so light and fluffy, much better than most naans I have tasted. I really miss the naans!!!

1  Thank truffleluv