We are a group of twelve staying for 3 nights here during our one-week Tibet. We strongly recommend this hotel because of the following:
1) location: situated just around the corner from Bangkor street and Jongkhang temple. That makes a quick evening stroll a pleasant experience if you want to observe the local processions.
2) room: clean, small but very cozy. With heater fan, heater light and electric blankets. The hotel itself has traditional Tibetan decorations. Very warming.
3) staff: the best of it all! The Chinese manager knows everything from locations of shops, restaurants, where to sightsee, etc. The most touching moment for us was when many of our members got altitude sickness, and the manager helped us out a lot: from conselling, giving us medicine to lending us her electric cooker so that we can make instant ramen in the room! The only thing I that she doesn't speak Tibetan.
4) wifi: being a nerd I have they have very good signal, thanks to a gigantic router in the middle of the atrium.
5) food: average breakfast with toast, tea and omelette set. Not much that you can choose but it ets you started for a heavy day ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to stay in Tashitakge Hotel which is based in the ancient Lhasa downtown center, with a stone throw away to Jokhang Temple. It helps you explore the Lhasa city easier with most activities in a walking distance. We are a small but comfortable hotel. Enjoy your stay with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tashitakge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tashitakge Hotel Lhasa, Tibet