“The best hotel in Tibet”
Review of Dekang Hotel

and 1 more site!
Dekang Hotel
Ranked #11 of 362 Hotels in Lhasa
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this Tibetan owned hotel for a month. We spent two weeks with a tour group, then were offered great rates to stay for another two weeks. The staff were always happy and helpful. The rooms were spotless and very nicely decorated and the views are absolutely stunning! The restaurant is fantastic and we ate there daily. They have several computers with very fast Internet and skype. They even have their own hairdresser! The location is a little walk from the city centre, but an amazing experience walking through the stone lane ways scattered with monasteries, tailors, shops and restaurants. I loved these walks everyday, exploring Lhasa. I can't wait to visit here again!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank thispreciousearth
There are newer reviews for Dekang Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed this hotel for three nights. Although it is a bit far from the commercial area, they offer a nice service and have a nice restaurant attached to it. The room is clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Kuroken
Reviewed October 26, 2011

If you want a room with a broken air-conditioner/heater ... book into the Dekang!
If you want a room without ANY hot water for a morning shower ... book into the Dekang!
If you want to drink warm beer ... book into the Dekang!

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room - book into another hotel. Try the Yak Hotel, it comes highly rec...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kanga-roo11
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We 've been stayed there for few nights. DeKang Hotel was the best hotel we'd stayed in Tibet. Staff there are professional, friendly and helpful!. the room settings were good, good hygiene, plenty of water supply, internet service available. This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fung-Ling
Reviewed June 21, 2011

A lovely family run mid size hotel with friendly professional staff (with good English) who were keen to help. I stayed for 4 nights as part of a tour group on a 3 week trekking and cultural tour of Tibet. It was definitely the best accommodation on our tour. I had dinner on 2 nights at the restaurant and the meals were excellent. Quiet location and my room was spacious with a spotless bathroom. The bar and terrace on the top floor have wonderful views of the Potala Palace. Within walking distance of most of Lhasa's main attractions. A real find if you are tired of the big hotel chains and want a nice place to stay

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank chris191156
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I am currently at the Dekang as part of a National Geographic trip. The staff is very friendly, and the food has been great. There's even made to order omelets at breakfast. Some of the room furnishings are weary, but the room is clean. There's plenty of hot water, and wifi! TV in each room; I haven't watched anything, though. Kettle and tea are supplied. My room is on the back side of the hotel. You can hear traffic and honking occasionally. Those on the front side of the hotel hear it more. There's a small garden with ducks below my windows. I find the quacks to be just part of the atmosphere. Be sure to go up to the 4th or 5th floor around 9 pm when they turn on the floodlights to the Potala.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank brngckn
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We've never heard of DeKang Hotel. After learning from Geo Expeditions that we will be staying there for three nights, we checked the travel books and websites and found nothing about it. So we decided we will just trust the travel agency and see how things play out. I'm a bit picky when it comes to hotels. I admit that I had my doubts before arriving at DeKang Hotel.

Once we arrived, we were just pleasantly surprised, every step away. It is a gorgeous and personal hotel. The staff are just wonderful. They are very friendly and they try so hard to make you feel like home. The guy in charge was always there, first thing in the morning or late in the evening. When we were there, he was there. He speaks English well. He remembers every little things we mentioned and he made sure we got what we need. Whenever we walked by, the front desk guy was smiling. The interior is very Tibetan, colorful and beautiful. The room is clean and deco/furnishing is on par with four star quality. They have free access to internet as well! Now I totally regret that I didn't write down and remember their names. I however did suggest to the guy in charge that they should advertise more!

Highly recommended!