See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2017

This is a lovely, big hotel but I didn't feel totally comfortable there. The staff were not very helpful. the rooms were clean and a good size and the bathrooms big enough and also very clean. Wasn't too fond of the area.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tj0nes123
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Not a bad but a great hotel. Has two sections, a front and a back. Stayed in both at different times. The front is definitely nicer. Bathrooms are smaller but showers are larger. I felt like I was in a cocoon while in the shower in the back unit.

Internet is weak but it might be the same throughout Tibet.

Breakfast had some Western cuisine but nothing out of the ordinary.

Price was right so I'd stay again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ChinaLuigi
Reviewed June 8, 2015

Tashi Choten/ Tashi Choe Ta Hotel was very authentic, we stayed for two nights, had a good size room which was very comfortable. The manager Tashi and Losang really looked after us and gave us an authentic Tibetan experience. The hotel was very reasonably price and the reception staff included breakfast for us at no extra charge. Breakfast is traditionally Tibetan and included rice porridge, boiled eggs, bread, fried vegetables and Tibetan tea. They have a nice lounge area which is beautifully decorated and served lunches/ dinners and a variety of drinks. There was a very relaxed atmosphere. The hotel has a small shop for souvenirs. I would definitely use this hotel again on my return to Lhasa.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance from most of the attractions, really cannot complain.... But, the environment aren't exactly great. First of all, the room is very dark, even with all the lights turned on. It would hurt your eyes to read anything in the room. The bathroom door cannot be shut, and it stayed damp inside because there is no fan or windows in there. For the price they charged, there is a better choice in town.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

In all my travel I have never be so well treated by hospitality people. Hotel is clean, quiet and safe in a best Lhasa district of Barkhor area. Price is very reasonable. Staff are very simple, friendly and ready to be of service at any time. I will recommend this hotel with 5 STAR rating. They speak English very well. It is owned by TIBETANS COMPLETELY. Already, my Chinese and Americans friends are making reservations. It's worth a try. I guarantee you that YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. CHEERS

Date of stay: July 2013