All reviews walk in closet black swans atrium restaurant large bathroom hotel guests turn down service location is great breakfast buffet wonderful hotel coffee machine walking distance swimming pool dynasties housekeeping brand lounge facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

遇上了豪华旅行团,包了所有套房,预早安排周年纪念之旅,没有了升级套房机会,儿字回乡证过期,不能成行,诸事不顺,但经理Jeremy 轻易化危为机,把运气逆转,入住后有玫瑰装饰,心境马上开朗,Doris 态度殷勤诚恳,还有经理Cassie 一副“有我请放心”的自信笑容,配上超豪华及古色古乡的超雅典建筑,还有黑天鹅夜境,周年纪念由多瑕疵变成完美经典。感激Jeremy

Everything perfect with Luxury, both software and hardware. Particularly for the room with Rose and supporting staffs, handling well and make things excellent even with suite upgrade.

Manager Jeremy handled complain well and make customers happy all the time. front desk Doris is helpful and supportive. in case you have any problems, manager Cassie will try her best to fix it out.

Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

Quick check in with smiling person !
They acknowledge your platinum status and thank you for your loyalty.
The location is great.
The rooms are just fantastic !
The teams there are all dedicated , smiling and caring.
I just add a small issue when I have asked a coffee to take away.
The manager told me that it is exceptionally free, and she will have to talk to her manager .
I replied “ please charge me whatever it costs “
I am ok to pay it, even though in 5 star hotels , it is free usually.
The person replied that it is not the case in this hotel.
So I said, could you please charge each day 3 coffee to take away ?
I will take one, and you can give the remaining to anyone in the restaurant .
She replied ok.
I signed off.
But the next day, another manager said that I don’t have to pay for it...

Ps : I received a great cake for my birthday-:)

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

We just had a great stay at Grand Mansion Nanjing. It is a good choice for families, couples, or individuals coming to Nanjing for fun or business. Check in was good, we booked 2 rooms for 5 people. They allowed us to check in at 11am no problem. Restaurants - we went to the Atrium restaurant for lunch one day. It has Western food options. The food prep was a little slow but food was good. We also purchased the breakfast buffet both days at the Atrium and it was as good as any other Marriott buffet we have had in China. Very nice dining room and lots of food options. Good coffee machine too. Room - the room is definitely higher end with nicer furniture, bedding, large bathroom, walk in closet, crown mounding, auto curtains, etc. Very quiet the whole time. Other facilities - The gym and pool are very large and clean. They even have a boxing ring outside which my kids thought was pretty entertaining:). There are other bonuses like Xi Lounge which had a happy hour and a nice outdoor terrace with their mascots - 2 large black geese, or were they swans? Location - very central, a walk to Presidential Palace across the street, the 1912 dining area a little further than that, and walking distance to a Metro to get other places quick. Service - service was good throughout. There are a lot of people working there, just ask for help and someone can take care of you. We called ahead regarding a tour guide for our family. They arranged for an employee, Moolah, to take us for 4 hours on Friday, 8 hours on Sunday for reasonable family rate. Moolah picked good places to visit and helped us order dinner both nights. We rode the Metro for some of tour, rode cab for other parts of tour depending on the traffic situation. The metro is super clean and easy. We really enjoyed the Nanjing touring. There are some really impressive historical and natural sites. 2 full days does not get boring for touring. I recommend a 2 days visit to Nanjing and staying at this hotel.

Other tips - book DiDi or ride ahead of time to get to train. We found it takes longer to get rides in Nanjing than Shanghai. Bring mask, AQI was 150 to 200 the days we were there. Wear comfortable shoes, clothing. All of the sites we did required a lot of walking outside. Ask about the Xi lounge when you get to hotel. It is a little hard to find it and understand how the 5:30 to 7:30pm happy hour works. We spent 15 minutes there the 2nd night and my children enjoyed eating some pizza after some more exotic Jiangsu meals :)

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

There is a basic feeling of disappointment in these so called “Luxury Brand” hotels. yes the property is nice but nothing to shock and awe you. Service is ok some of the staff speak well English but some don’t speak English at all and not talking about housekeeping im talking about front desk staff and service center where it takes 15 minutes to explain that I need a wake up call at 5:30.
The biggest issue at these hotels which includes the ritz Carlton they do not recognize Platinum or any elite status and don’t have an executive lounge so you are paying more for an empty name and getting much less.
Service and property and room and food all standard and even less so nothing luxury about it. I just tried it because of the new SPG promotion to try new brands and get extra points every night. But I wont do this mistake again.
The shower had low pressure the ned was comfortable the sockets in the room shorted out didn’t work. Checkout took 30 precious minutes.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Grand Mansion. The hotel design and location are very good; also the staff speaks adequate English. The rooms are nicely decorated and overall the condition is good. Only reason I cannot give the rating 5 stars is that the hotel DOES NOT PROVIDE LARGE TOWELS AT THE SWIMMING POOL OR THE SHOWER/LOCKER AREA. When we asked the staff for it they simply replied that they only have small towels (like hand towels). We could use them after shower or just wait to dry naturally... There are some large towels on the beds near the pool but they are for the bed only. This is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple