“Like a poor smelly Disneyland ride”
Review of Qin Huai River

Qin Huai River
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.50*
and up
Private Nanjing Classic Day Tour with Qinhuai...
Ranked #11 of 413 things to do in Nanjing
Reviewed November 16, 2013

On a business trip to Nanjing, we were suggested to go on this trip. I would say that at night is probably the best time to go with all the boats and the bridges lit up, but what really do you see? Everything is rebuilt, peeling or fake. In one section of the ride, the distinct smell of sewers was strong. If I had young kids with me I would take them for the fun of riding on a boat; but for anyone else, I would just say, come to the dock and don't bother with the ride.

All reviews
"november"
"temple"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The people I visited in Nanjing absolutely insisted I should go and see this river. We went just before sunset and stayed for several hours. I wasn't impressed. Too many lights, too many boats, too much noise, too much catering to uncritical middle-of-the-road tourists. The restaurant we went to was disappointing as well.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Qin Huai river is lovely and the building around the river maintain the traditional architectural styles and are well maintained. It is quite lovely to take a boat ride by day along the river. At night, however, an over-the-top lantern display comes on that is everywhere. If the houses along the river are lit with simple lanterns or lighting, it would be rather nice. But more is not always better, and in this case there is just too much. It looks like Disneyland or a theme park, and kind of ruins it.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Very short and yet slow trip, but fun to do if you are with friends. Best at lantern festival time in the evening. Bring a deck of cards

1  Thank R S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was an amazing find...at least for me. Being my first trip to China and home to meet my fiancé’s hometown meant everything was new. I was so glad to have been shared with this little slice of Nanjing by my mother-in-law. It was so relaxing to walk along the lake which stretches a fair distance so it took much of the afternoon to walk from one side to the other; although we stopped a few times to sit and rest we spent about 3-4 hours. There are lots of benches to do so but the crowds were thick and made them hard to come by. Noticed some vendors selling snacks or drinks but only a few places to eat. We did not purchase anything so I will not comment on prices or selections. This is a good place to get away from city life, or at least just feel like it. Great views of the city are offered in every direction. This is a location I will return in future visits to the Nanjing area. One of the nice things is no cars, bicycles or scooters in the park so it’s quieter and less polluted.