“Sad to say...”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sad to say...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband took me to the museum for my birthday today thinking that it would be a nice place to get away from the heat. Not so. We could hear the air conditioning running, but couldn't feel it. It was HOTTER inside than it was outside and that is saying something considering this is one of the three "furnace cities" of China. The fumes from the construction were also very strong and making us woozie, and many of the displays were closed down. It would be great if they would post the completion date of the construction so that people can be aware. It would also be nice if you could buy a drink inside the facility!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank fulfillingapromise

• Korean first
Taizhou, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Museum Under Renovation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I visited the museum at the end of March this year and most of the rooms of the museum were closed for renovation. I don't know when it will be fully open again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Byrnzie28
Boston, MA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“not as interesting as I thought”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I don't know whether the construction around the museum had any effect on the museum itself. Upon approaching the museum, the entrance is off a side alley and the grand facade that some pics showed is no where in sight. Upon entering, the museum seemed bare and dark, and many pavilions were closed. The only bathrooms are outhouses outside. The collection is not worth a special trip to the museum IMO especially if you've already been to museums in Shanghai or Beijing. The visit was a little disappointing for me.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank mmyk72
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice city.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Nice city with many bicycle. I like the Nanjing King history. Beautiful city.

Visited April 2011
Vancouver
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

A free museum with a fantastic collection! I really wanted to see the items from the Imperial times and I found that their collection was fantastic. I also liked the silk embroidery.

Visited January 2011