“9 nights at the Sofitel Galaxy in Nanjing”
Review of Jinxiu Cafe

Jinxiu Cafe
Ranked #6 of 2,799 Restaurants in Nanjing
Reviewed October 28, 2018

My second stop in China was Nanjing. Took a fast train from Beijing : great experience All was perfectly organized at the Station where I could get a porter to help us with our luggage! The journey took only 4 hours in a great train - they offered a free snack during the voyage and one could also buy some fresh fruit or drinks as a stewardess came by our seats 2 or 3 times Most convinient Departed at 09:00 am and arrived at 1 pm
The Sofitel Galaxy is a nice and well located hotel The Lobby area - in my opinion is just a pass by area in this case The few single sofas available ( total of 8) were always occupied as the staff from the Bar Area do not welcome hotelguests to sit on “their side” of the lobbyarea without ordering a drink I did sit there in the morning waiting for our guide and transport for the sight seeing tour and someone would come instantly asking what I would like to order ( just had breakfast...) this also happens in the evenings. Perhaps the Management could add some more sittings for hotelguests to just relax or to wait for family/ friends...?
The bedroom: this was large and well equipped and so was the bathroom Cleaning was great and I did feel comfortable during my 9 nights at this hotel
Apart from the lobby area, I was very happy there The breakfast was huge and very appealing Had dinner twice in the Chinese restaurant and food was really delicious
Would stay with them again!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Location is quiet far from tourist site but easy to stop taxi in front of the hotel. Close with supermarket, only 5 minutes walk behind hotel, besides there's starbucks and watsons. In front of hotel there's bakery shop and plaza. Not far from hotel, there are many restaurants and even stationary shop. Very convenient. Cleanliness was good. Service was satisfied. The food was okay. Breakfast with many options but I could say was average. I love their dinner instead because many western food and their japanese food was amazing (in buffet area).

My only concern was the temperature of the room is terrible. I tried to ask staffs to fix about this issues but the temperature of the room still hot like sauna. They said, the temperature was set by automatic central system of the building. So we spend time in our room, it feels like in sauna. They tried to open window, but we refused because air from outside its even worst. I would never come back again to this hotel. I couldn't breath well and sweat a lot. Also, the power of water ways in the shower is quiet small though.

If the management can fix those issue, that would be good for guests. Other than the issue, all was good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2017

We had a single dinner at the Sofitel's main restaurant.
We were utterly disappointed.
Everything was not up to Sofitel's level - the service, the choice on the menu and finally - the food itself.
Utterly disappointing.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank TheShis
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Once again pleased to stay at this hotel. Staff are very professional and eager to please. The area around is interesting and has some street markets nearby. The concierge is very informative and will help you with a taxi and directions. The only beef I have with this hotel is there is no coffee for customers early morning for departure in the foyer. Surely a French owned hotel can arrange this would be nice passing gift to your clients on their way to the airport or early morning meetings etc. Otherwise a great stay customers can be assured of great service.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel. It had fantastic views and the room was very comfortable. The food was very nice too. Staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel has ATMs, swimming pool etc...

Date of visit: September 2016