“Excellent”

Nanjing Impressions (Shiziqiao)
Ranked #4 of 2,797 Restaurants in Nanjing
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Very enthusiastic staff. The food was piping hot and arrived very fast.Everything was delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 10, 2019

Last week ,I went to Nanjing with my friends.The Nanjing Impression is absolutely a must if you want to taste local food.Nanjing's dishes belong to Huaiyang crusine in China so lots of the dishes are sweet flavoured. Because nanjing is near from Yangzi river,so cooks there have different ways to cook ducks.I stronly recommend boiled salted duck.The tender duckmeat has some fat but not greasy. Together with eight of my friends,we only spend 700Yuan,wich is100dollars,so its quite cheap.When eating,we can also enjoy the magnificant show of the acters on the stage for free.The only problem is that the food isn't serving very fast.We waited for 20 minutes before the food is serve.We are so hungry that we ate the salted duck only in 15 seconds!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We visited the premises after checking in at Shangri-La hotel; great tasting local favorites. Both of us ordered four appetizers, five orders of steamed dumplings and four main dishes, which only added up to approximately $40 USD. If you could speak Chinese or come with a guide, this would be a great place to visit; not the pseudo Chinese food served in the U.S.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

The fried dumplings in this place were amazing, everything else went from okay to mediocre to just bad. Place is not expensive which is great but quality not there . Anything that involves pastry tasted stale, other dishes were uninspiring.

Worth visiting if nothing better around perhaps, but don't expect to be amazing. Eat their fried dumplings, those were really amazing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I was invited by business friends to this local restaurant to taste traditional Nanjing cuisine
We booked a private room it was nice and cozy the service was excellent and the waitresses were very elegant in traditional silk outfits
The service was efficient and friendly and the food was of good quality
The atmosphere was nice full of local people and families having good food and fun
Unfortunately I do not like some of the traditional dishes but my Chinese colleagues assured me that they were very well cooked
Be prepared for an interesting array of tastes very different from the Chinese cuisine you might be accustomed to
You must try the duck blood soup if you feel up to it
The duck in brine is too salty
Dumplings were good
Sorry but no idea of the price as I was a guest

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Nanjing Impressions (Shiziqiao)? Share your experiences!